Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Neither do yours! To clarify if remainers reliant on the EU loose their jobs I do not care. Find another one after we have left. Clear enough for you?

I'm not surprised by this comment at all, since it highlights the reason why many voted leave.

There is something wrong on our society where people failing to improve their own lives, get satisfaction in causing disruption to others and take a course of action that is most likely to affect theirs.

I can't think of any example where I haven't cared about normal people loosing their employment. Whatever happened in your life to make you feel like that, I hope you one day get over it.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sleep off your frustration Rivet.
'Precious'? How flattering! You really do run hot and cold!

It's the fact that there's people like Rivet, and others that actually still use 'lol' when they have a full keyboard in front of them. I know words can be hard sometimes and they are still stuck in the past but...

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
You both really believe what you have read, don't you?

''People will likely die.''

''The country will be so cut off that medication will run out.''

''People will lose their jobs.''

Bollox.

But if it makes you happy to build a shelter in your garden and hoard food, then I won't stop you if it makes remainers feel better.

This is a highly likely outcome. But keep believing that there are unicorns.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Neither do yours! To clarify if remainers reliant on the EU loose their jobs I do not care. Find another one after we have left. Clear enough for you?

What an execrable comment from an abhorrent person.

Are people who produce cars reliant on the EU, are the people who supply the materials, the parts, reliant on the EU? This is one sector that is mainly looking at relocating, with few intending to keep production or increase output from the UK.

What do you do for employment?
Are job losses fine as long they do not affect you?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
More leaked emails, trashing the reputation of an "alleged" pro European Ambassador.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...says-Trumps-actions-diplomatic-vandalism.html

No coincidence whatsoever, that the journalist responsible for the story is in a relationship with a senior member of the Brexit party.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-party-richard-tice-darroch-18206347

Meanwhile, our next Prime Minister

16008950-7244539-image-a-4_1563048012960.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Jan 30, 2008
So how confident are you that we will leave on October 31st ?
And how confident were you on April 12th ?
And March 31st ?

:lolol:
Very confident ,it was what I voted for but sadly some undemocratic loons in Parliament couldnt bring themselves to get on with it ,roll on 31st October:wave:
regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brendan O'Neil the self-described Marxist libertarian who came from Living Marxism magazine would probably be amused but not surprised at your comment :lolol:

Its not where they are 'from' but where they áre'. Looks rather like another Brexiteer being conned by people..again.

''O'Neill and others associated with the Revolutionary Communist Party, Living Marxism and Spiked—including Frank Furedi, Mick Hume and Claire Fox—are often seen by commenters such as Nick Cohen as having shifted from a far left position to an extreme stance on the libertarian right. Although O'Neill considers himself part of the left, critics such as George Monbiot have suggested that this is typical as a ploy adopted by those associated with the RCP to split and discredit consensus upon the left''

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very confident ,it was what I voted for but sadly some undemocratic loons in Parliament couldnt bring themselves to get on with it ,roll on 31st October:wave:
regards
DR

I'm going to borrow Meg's crystal ball and predict WZ will now ask you why you haven't taken up the bet ...... again ...... and then he'll ask you again ..... and again ..... and again ..... on a loop.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm going to borrow Meg's crystal ball and predict WZ will now ask you why you haven't taken up the bet ...... again ...... and then he'll ask you again ..... and again ..... and again ..... on a loop.

Well if Ppf gave a simple answers to simple questions about his hypocrisy you wouldn't have to keep leaping to his defence ???

Do you not wonder why our little racist, nazi friend claims to be so confident about leaving on Oct 31st, but won't take up a bet from which REMF would benefit ?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well if Ppf gave a simple answers to simple questions about his hypocrisy you wouldn't have to keep leaping to his defence ???

Do you not wonder why our little racist, nazi friend claims to be so confident about leaving on Oct 31st, but won't take up a bet from which REMF would benefit ?
I don't know if the bot has bet taking in its algorithm.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ah, so you were laughing at me still thinking we would leave on the 31st despite not knowing my views on whether we would leave on the 31st .... brilliant.

No idea, there is so much that could happen before that date it's hardly worth guessing at. Also, a bit surprised you bother asking anyone else as your predictive powers are so immense eg there are two, three, maybe four options ... we might leave or might not leave ... there might be a soft brexit (undefined), hard Brexit (undefined) or no Brexit at all .... spooky :bowdown:

You seem to be getting confused (not for the first time). I told you what the three options were 3 years ago, and surprisingly it's still the same three. (Just between you and me, I don't have any predictive powers, just a little bit of common sense :wink:).

I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with Customs Union

2/ No agreement and WTO

3/ Withdraw article 50

Shirley, any negotiation now will only be minor fine-tuning on one of the above

And I think I may have mentioned once or twice that if we go for Option 2, you'll get a bit of notice, when we start building the customs posts in NI, the lorry parks at all ports and put out to tender for the IT infrastructure and design, build and test of systems, and the largest staff recruitment and training program in HMRC history.

That'll be the cue that we are starting to prepare for seriously for 'no deal' (and the point where the EU will know we are taking it seriously) :lolol:

And you have to admit, that it's a bit funnier you thinking we are leaving for a third time, than it was the second, or the first. Out of interest, this time you will have your leave supporting PM Johnson in place, so what or who are you going to blame when it doesn't happen ?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Not taking a bet isn't hypocracy !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here