Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Richard Tice reveals REAL reason the EU is desperate for Britain to stay in the bloc

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/zwbTD6

Sent via @updayUK
Regards
DF

So a Brexit MP spouts a reason why we should leave the EU. Quelle surprise.

That's french, by the way. Not sure if you hate the French or not. You probably do though, as you're a ****.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry to do this too the right minded folk on this thread.
But you're going to have to explain to the jingoist myopic idiots on here why this is bollox, of the highest order:-

[tweet]1175171667418669056[/tweet]

I'm off to work.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But you're going to have to explain to the jingoist myopic idiots on here why this is bollox, of the highest order:-

I'm off to work.

scuse me sir ...me sir ooh oooh me sir me sir.......

is it because there are no firkin' fish left ......and because fish mongers all over the country are closing down because they can't compete with cheap imports from Asia..??

sir....??

i have made the mistake of having 2 northerners as business partners over the years....one brummie who was just fick and a geordie who was fick as shit , couldn't do basic maths and who's answer to a difficult situation was to render the nearest person unconscious .......fick northern ********.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I get that but what has changed since the last rejection of that attempt?

Genuinely? You know the reason no one was agreeing to an election before was to stop Johnson using it to force through No Deal. As soon as that’s not the case, we’ll have an election.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
PersonaIly, I don't think 70% of leavers favour no deal because they stupid, most are just ignorant. Anyone who half of grasp would not favour this position...
Ignorant, eh?

Having (tried to) read that post, it's quite clear to me who is ignorant. Try learning how to string two short sentences together, before you call other people ignorant.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No idea if EU is preventing the UK from building homes as I dont know enough about how you've done it in the past. But I know for certain that Sweden's "million program" could not happen under EU jurisdiction. If UK and EU have identical ideas about how society should be run, then the issues listed dont apply to you; good for you, but to us it EU membership changed society on a deeper than economical level.

Can you explain how the EU rules would stop the construction of social housing? As far as I can work out, the only issue the EU would have with it would be if it pushed Swedens debt ratio way up, above the agreed limits. But I think this could be argued as different to other sovereign debt as it creates assets that recover the debt, rather than just being pure expenditure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It depends how you define 'majority'. If the Lib Dems get enough seats to have a workable majority in parliament they will have a 'majority' by definition. In our present system that is the way it is and always has been.

Whether it is fair would be another question. But this opens a can of worms - those who find themselves in the minority often argue that this isn't fair because their views are disregarded. They have a point. But on some issues a middle ground isn't possible. Abortion, capital punishment and membership of the EU......very hard to find a half way house.

We have had minority governments in the past, where the majority of seats don't reflect the majority vote. Indeed in America Bush the younger was elected president on a minority vote, owing to their electoral college system - perhaps the most stark 'travesty' of unfairness possible? Not really.

Also, let us not forget, because turnout in the UK is never close to 100%, no government to my knowledge has ever benefitted from a true numerical majority of those eligible to vote. And without wishing to dig up old bones, the Brexit majority was not >50% of your actual electorate (say the last 3 words in the voice of Alf Garnett for proper emphasis)

So the bottom line is we have a system and we generally accept it, carping only when the outcome doesn't suit.

Anyway, I remain convinced we will tumble out with no deal in October, either with Boris not requesting an extension or doing so in a manner easily refused by br'er EU.

A Brexit supporting pal is convinced the EU will offer an extension, or accept one no matter how flimsy Boris' request 'because they are desperate that we don't leave'. I would find that amusing if it happens but I would esimate the chance of it is less than 10%.

Frankly I am surprised PPF bothers to read this thread anymore (unless he comes to gloat)

Oh.

Objections made about them being a majority Government is not democratic enough, are making the argument that Libs have been making for years that our system produces less than fully democratic results and that some form of PR needs to come in. If you agree or disagree with their stance on A50 on the basis of democracy, you are agreeing with one major policy or the other of the Lib Dems, that must be painful for some people.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't understand why people get confused by a simple change of terminology. It's quite simple.

In any implementation/transition period (or whatever else it's going to be re-branded as) we stay in the Customs Union.

If, in that period (much like the last 3.5 years) no one can come up with an alternative to a hard border in Ireland, we stay in the Customs Union.

Call it backstop if what you want, but it's staying in the Customs Union :shrug:

And before some pedant starts, yes I know it's a “single customs territory”

This has been the exact same situation (and exactly the same issue) since the day after the referendum, and long before, but was drowned out by people shouting 'PROJECT FEAR' :rolleyes:

And it was agreed way back when David Davis was Brexit Bulldog, and didn't realise what he had agreed to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
British fish, from British waters, what you looking aaat?

Attachments

• 68D88940-D68B-4727-9007-B7AC609F64C0.jpeg
    68D88940-D68B-4727-9007-B7AC609F64C0.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 106

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I really don't know why I bother, but one last time.

No Regulatory divergence from the starting point of Customs Union does indeed mean no issues with NI border all the time there is no divergence (which is nothing like what Canada have). A bit like staying in the Customs Union or the Backstop.

Any Regulatory divergence (Which Canada have and is one of the main benefits according to you) from that starting point means introducing problems because there will be different rules for each side of the NI border, which neither side wants to exist. Hence the Backstop.

I really don't know how much simpler I can make this :facepalm:

I doubt anyone does.

My 'starting negotiations with complete regulatory alignment' point was to do with timescales of negotiating trade deals after you kept helpfully pointing out the EU takes forever to negotiate trade deals.

The 'benefits of regulatory divergence' point wouldn't necessarily lead to problems at the borders see mutual recognition of standards. Mutual recognition for some products is part of the Canada deal.

Simple ... indeed :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I doubt anyone does.

My 'starting negotiations with complete regulatory alignment' point was to do with timescales of negotiating trade deals after you kept helpfully pointing out the EU takes forever to negotiate trade deals.

The 'benefits of regulatory divergence' point wouldn't necessarily lead to problems at the borders see mutual recognition of standards. Mutual recognition for some products is part of the Canada deal.

Simple ... indeed :facepalm:

CANADA DOESN'T SHARE A LAND BORDER WITH THE EU FFS :facepalm:

I've had enough of trying to follow you round and round in circles. You're going nowhere and I'm getting dizzy :lolol::lolol::lolol: :bigwave:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My point is she is a liar just like all the rest, she has one aim in life PM and so many others spout the same about Boris, they are all the same they will lie to get what THEY want. The problem is Swinson she really thinks she will win and election off the back of it, it's never going to happen.

Above: they are all liars, just trying to restore some common sense to the bubbleheads.

Would you really put your family at risk?
It will all come out one day, but I ain't going to be the one to let go.

They are all liars, just trying to restore some common sense to the bubbleheads.

So I got the picture wrong maybe, but I have the BALLS to admit when I am wrong, that's me, I am consistent and have standards and morals and would never back the murdering IRA.

Read above if you're still stalking me.

I agree with you on all parts, except it's is what the country voted for so Swinson is undemocratic. Like you say she will never win but the worrying thing is she really believes she will, but austerity will not continue either, only in the minds of some.

They are all LIARS.

Same old Shite different day Hans, perhaps you should open up your Corbyn centrefold mag and let loose, you will feel much better for it.

I have no doubt she has principles but they are all about her climbing to power and she changes every five minutes just to get her votes. She is not to be trusted.

Quuen + Paddy 1.jpg
Queen and Paddy 2.jpg
Queen and Paddy 3.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I'm off to work.

He makes no mention of Iceland extending their exclusion zone to 200 miles in 1976 which absolutely devastated our fishing fleets, but, I suppose that doesn’t suit his narrative.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He makes no mention of Iceland extending their exclusion zone to 200 miles in 1976 which absolutely devastated our fishing fleets, but, I suppose that doesn’t suit his narrative.

Nor does the 75% of the catch we export.

I'd love to see him sat next to his french car eating pickled herrings out of a bit of rubbish.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
CANADA DOESN'T SHARE A LAND BORDER WITH THE EU FFS :facepalm:

I've had enough of trying to follow you round and round in circles. You're going nowhere and I'm getting dizzy :lolol::lolol::lolol: :bigwave:

Land, Sea, Air If you recognise each others regulatory standards you don't have to carry out regulatory standard checks at the border so diverging from EU standards wouldn't cause the issues you suggested :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Land, Sea, Air If you recognise each others regulatory standards you don't have to carry out regulatory standard checks at the border so diverging from EU standards wouldn't cause the issues you suggested :shrug:

Try reading what you have just written and ask yourself if 'recognise' in this case means 'We recognise your regulatory standards are completely and utterly different to ours because we've diverged' :facepalm:

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think that of all the political clowns that have been directly involved with Brexit, David Davies is the biggest clown of them all.
There is something very odd about him, as he just seems to laugh through everything.
No wonder we are the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world and now we have Johnson.
We need an election now and everyone should vote Liberal Democrat.

Talking of Brexit clowns,it was nice of your boss to let you demonstrate in your uniform!:lolol:yokelicious.png

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Where in Kent is travel likely to be difficult? Are the Medway towns going to be gridlocked ( Gravesend, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham ) Is the Thanet Way going to be impassable? Will you not be able to travel along the A259 to Margate and Broadstairs? Will Canterbury shut down? What about Maidstone and Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells and the whole of Mid-Kent....gridlocked? Will the queues stretch up the M26 and then eventually reach the M25, shutting down our busiest orbital motorway? I fear for the Isle of Sheppey. Its residents cut off from the rest of Kent.
Is the M20 going to cease to function? Will the residents of Dover and Folkestone be marooned, cut off, besieged, unable to get out of their towns? If they are, there are always the local coastal roads, Dover to Deal and Sandwich, Folkestone to Hythe etc

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/operation-brock-been-place-two-2689129

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION].. Good to see you again. I've tried to find something regarding the atrocities comitted bya Muslim SS unit in Puy, France that you were telling me about, but I can't find anything. You will have to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here