Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] Ive not heard you rebelling against a no deal. You say you have a preferred option but are you prepared to crash out of the EU with no deal, with the risks that will be involved, otherwise, I for one will take everything you say with a pinch of salt.. a pretty big pinch.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Refrigerated lorries have to leave their engines running, and can only use ferries, so it needs to be the shortest route possible. Most fruit & veg are freighted in cold storage as well as pharmaceuticals.

Rubbish refrigerated lorries plug into the electrics on board the ferry so don't need the shortest route.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not particularly. I'm just an ordinary bloke who doesn't think Kent will grind to a standstill. Just my opinion. First week in November will see if one us is right and one of us is wrong. If I'm wrong, I will be big and brave enough to come on here and apologise.

I respect your integrity and courage in offering to apologise but Kent not grinding to a standstill doesn't seem like much of a benefit to me..... and if it does I am afraid that your apology would not make it feel any better for many vulnerable people in the country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rubbish refrigerated lorries plug into the electrics on board the ferry so don't need the shortest route.

It was a transport manager who posted it. I have no reason to disbelieve him.
Of course that would apply once you get on the ferry, but engines would need to run their engines queuing on the A16 for long periods.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was a transport manager who posted it. I have no reason to disbelieve him.
Of course that would apply once you get on the ferry, but engines would need to run their engines queuing on the A16 for long periods.

But you were posting in response to traffic in Kent , where in fact most produce comes in through other ports, dealing with imports/exports outside the EU.

I fully understand there would be issues at the ports with a no brexit but it is being blown up out of proportion. My company imports from our own breweries in Europe and have been planning for 18 months.

Hopefully it will not come to it!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any Questions on R4

Overwhelming sense that the country are sick of Brexit and want it reversed and time and money put into solving the climate crisis. The few there who are pro-Brexit also don’t care much about climate change. Funny that.

David Davis getting owned. And acting like a turd about it.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
BBC in liberal bias shocker yet some of the day dreamers on here deny it , get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

I'm ready for it. IF it happens. But then I earn a wage and can afford to prep for the worst. It must be very daunting being on benefits, all the control taken away from you. And what with then new welfare reforms planned by the Tory party. Ouch. Nope, wouldn't want to be on the Rock n Roll right now.

Danny Foodbank?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I appreciate I may be influenced by Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson's declarations, but I believe we will leave the EU on 1st November 2019.

What would be the reason for another extension?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But you were posting in response to traffic in Kent , where in fact most produce comes in through other ports, dealing with imports/exports outside the EU.

I fully understand there would be issues at the ports with a no brexit but it is being blown up out of proportion. My company imports from our own breweries in Europe and have been planning for 18 months.

Hopefully it will not come to it!

Newsnight, a short time ago, did a programme with a large amount of it dedicated to transport companies and how Brexit, especially no deal would affect them.
In short they said it will be carnage for them because not only due to all the changes but also that they just don't know what is going to happen or when and that goes for thousands of other companies too.
The RTA have been saying similar for a long time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Any Questions on R4

Overwhelming sense that the country are sick of Brexit and want it reversed and time and money put into solving the climate crisis. The few there who are pro-Brexit also don’t care much about climate change. Funny that.

David Davis getting owned. And acting like a turd about it.

I think that of all the political clowns that have been directly involved with Brexit, David Davies is the biggest clown of them all.
There is something very odd about him, as he just seems to laugh through everything.
No wonder we are the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world and now we have Johnson.
We need an election now and everyone should vote Liberal Democrat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You assume wrong I said it because it's obvious no one knows what particular issues there will be at the border after a deal that hasn't been negotiated yet which is why your original question was particularly stupid. The two points confused you then. Point one - we start negotiating from a point of complete regulatory alignment unlike Canada and the EU. Point two - a Canada type deal would give us the freedom to diverge from regulations if we wanted :shrug:

Yes, we negotiate a deal that surprise surprise prioritises our economic needs you really are struggling with this aren't you :facepalm:

It's not what I want it's what the position will be. Negotiating our future trade relationship can only start once we have left, at that point, no matter if we have a WA deal or not we will be fully aligned with EU standards. At this point we can negotiate how much we want to diverge. Another learning moment for you it seems :facepalm:

I really don't know why I bother, but one last time.

No Regulatory divergence from the starting point of Customs Union does indeed mean no issues with NI border all the time there is no divergence (which is nothing like what Canada have). A bit like staying in the Customs Union or the Backstop.

Any Regulatory divergence (Which Canada have and is one of the main benefits according to you) from that starting point means introducing problems because there will be different rules for each side of the NI border, which neither side wants to exist. Hence the Backstop.

I really don't know how much simpler I can make this :facepalm:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I appreciate I may be influenced by Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson's declarations, but I believe we will leave the EU on 1st November 2019.

What would be the reason for another extension?

Despite what the EU say, I think they would grant an extension simply to minimise their dry cleaning bill were their nearest geographical neighbour to try blow their brains out economically with a 'no deal' Brexit. Which is why I have been confident every time we bluster and bullshit towards the next 'Brexit date' that membership will be extended :shrug:

There is no doubt that a 'no deal' Brexit would adversely effect the EU, but nowhere near enough for them to think about compromising any of the principles of EU membership.

Anyway, more pressing matters are upon us :albion2::albion::albion2::albion:

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Not particularly. I'm just an ordinary bloke who doesn't think Kent will grind to a standstill. Just my opinion. First week in November will see if one us is right and one of us is wrong. If I'm wrong, I will be big and brave enough to come on here and apologise.

Do you live anywhere near Kent? Because if you do you’d remember Operation Stack 3 or 4 years ago, which piled lorries up the M20. Believe it or not this did bring Kent to a standstill, making travel to and from work an absolute nightmare, as the closure of M20 had a knock on effect for the rest of the roads around Kent. This was not on the scale of a no deal Brexit nightmare, and that level (or more) of disruption WILL cause absolute chaos in Kent, probably spreading across the south east before long.

Still, at least our Foreign secretary now realises how important the Dover - Calais route is for trade in this country, so maybe he can sort something out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here