Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Harry, your such a sad man.
I genuinely worry for you, have you tried getting some mates they may help?

Why do feel I am threatening you?

I am forewarning you about what is likely to happen.

I can POP your bubble if you like.

I notice your concern over risk to life and limb is much higher in the "rioting due to Brexit delay" scenario, than it was in the "shortage of medicines due to no deal" scenario.

Jan 30, 2008
For what reason have you posted that, how is that in anyway relevant to my post to you? Or is it , you just don’t have any kind of succinct answer to my point?
you talk of democracy and you have people like this trying to destroy it,I'm looking forward to an election soon not in a few years
regards
DT

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Apparently Tory top dogs are urging Boris to ignore the new law and carry on with his original plans for Brexit and leaving.

Pritti Patel is saying she is going to get tough on criminals, so he might be made an example of to deter other Prime Ministers from breaking the law.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
you talk of democracy and you have people like this trying to destroy it,I'm looking forward to an election soon not in a few years
regards
DT

So, you're accusing them of destroying your version of democracy, by using a democratic process. I see.
Do you have a shred of an idea how ridiculous you are? :D

D

Deleted member 2719

looks like they've both logged off and are hiding behind the sofa
regards
DF

Bless them.

Harry, your such a sad man.
I genuinely worry for you, have you tried getting some mates they may help?

You seem upset again Mouldy and you are rambling again. First 'blood will be spilt' then fake compassion. Take another break and reflect on what you really think.
Oh and you're = you are.....
Harry your a sad man.

Uses avatar image for NSC mocking remainers as prone to panic, but not a WUM. Prick.
Are you still wishing death upon me Baldseagull?
Because I feel you could be warming to me now?

Exactly.

I feel sorry for Mouldy, wasting two minutes of his life posting a rambling bit of nonsense about me and to me. If paid the slightest bit of attention, he would know I don't live in a southern England bubble.

Sorry, but I don't tend to stalk posters on here like Harry/lever.
It's really is just because I see things different to you, that you call me a WUM, sorry but I have my own political views and people like yourself will arrogantly believe you're right all the time.
Well I am here to provide balance, whether you agree or not.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
they've ignored the public time and time again, can't you see that ,DID THE PUBLIC VOTE TO STOP THE COUNTRY FROM LEAVING THE EU............. no though not, they voted to leave it :dunce:
regards
DR

Firstly, thank you for proving my point. Secondly, the referendum wasn’t legally binding. It was merely advisory. Thirdly, leave winning the referendum vote doesn’t suddenly mean that remainers and MPs suddenly stop the holding the government to account and using their DEMOCRATIC RIGHT to oppose bad deals and no deal.

You see, in the UK we regularly have a vote, reach an outcome, then at a later stage we challenge that outcome with another vote and can, if we wish, overturn it. That is our electoral cycle. We have a general election and elect a government. They have a go at implementing their policies. At some point later there is another election, and if those policies aren’t working and the will of the people has changed, we elect a different government. We change the outcome of the previous vote in a new vote. That is how our entire system works. It’s called democracy.

I’m sorry if that comes across as patronising but, from experience, some Brexiteers seem to struggle with what democracy actually means.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Bless them.

Harry your a sad man.

Are you still wishing death upon me Baldseagull?
Because I feel you could be warming to me now?

Sorry, but I don't tend to stalk posters on here like Harry/lever.
It's really is just because I see things different to you, that you call me a WUM, sorry but I have my own political views and people like yourself will arrogantly believe you're right all the time.
Well I am here to provide balance, whether you agree or not.

'Balance'? :D :D :D Now I know you're a WUM.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
regards
DT

I think Gina Miller is trying to ensure that Johnson’s Government doesn’t subvert democracy, not the other way round. As I explained in an earlier post,we are a constitutional Monarchy, but, even the Government of the day is subservient to the rule of Law which along with Parliamentary sovereignty , and Court rulings, is the fundamental defining principles of our unwritten constitution.
Simplified, this means every individual, group, and even Government has to operate within the law of the land,Gina Millers group is just trying to ensure that Johnson’s Government is , in fact , operating within the Law. It may piss you off, but, I’m afraid, that’s democracy.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
What's with the 'timmy'? It seems to amuse you (then again, so would a piece of string), but I have no idea what you mean by it.

Oh, by the way, I'm sorry for calling you 'Dimwitted Freak', it appears to have changed to 'Dimwitted Runt'.
Assume timmy is a vague reference to the lad in a wheel chair from southpark who has mental difficulties and can only say "timmy".

Wouldn't expect anything else from a knuckle dragging racist.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Assume timmy is a vague reference to the lad in a wheel chair from southpark who has mental difficulties and can only say "timmy".

Wouldn't expect anything else from a knuckle dragging racist.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Oh, I never watched that, nor understood the reference, but yes, that's about his level.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The

Except Corbyn has been elected twice as Labour leader, once with 59% of the whole parties vote,the second time by 61% of Labour members in their entirety. I realise you have an anti Labour/ Corbyn agenda, but, it’s really **** all to do with you, as it was nothing to do with me, when 0.1% of the total electorate elected Johnson as our PM.

Lawro, the point I am making is that a Unity Government, if it is ever seriously mooted, would have far more chance of succeeding if someone other than Corbyn were to lead it; a less divisive figure such as Harriet Harman, Ken Clarke, David Liddington or Yvette Cooper, say.
As you so politely put it, it is f--k all to do with me, but it is all to do with the MPs who may want to join forces and many will be less likely to do so if Corbyn is the leader.
Put aside your party political hat and face reality.
By the way, I am no Johnson fan and voted remain.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Except Corbyn has been elected twice as Labour leader, once with 59% of the whole parties vote,the second time by 61% of Labour members in their entirety. I realise you have an anti Labour/ Corbyn agenda, but, it’s really **** all to do with you, as it was nothing to do with me, when 0.1% of the total electorate elected Johnson as our PM.

first why note 0.1% to about 0.45% as if the latter is justification?
second and more importantly, the point of a unity government is the attempt to be politically neutral. having Corbyn is handing PM and government to leader of oppostion who lost the last election. any leader of opposition would be inappropriate. it needs someone who can command authority from both sides of the house, to administrate rather than lead a temporary government for a short period, until a full election is called.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
first why 0.1% to about 0.45% as if the latter is justification?
second and more importantly, the point of a unity government is the attempt to be politically neutral. having Corbyn is handing PM and government to leader of oppostion who lost the last election. any leader of opposition would be inappropriate. it needs someone who can command authority from both sides of the house, to administrate rather than lead a temporary government for a short period, until a full election is called.

I hope Lawro gets the point that both you and I are making, despite his knee-jerk response to my post.
We'll have to wait and see!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
U
Lawro, the point I am making is that a Unity Government, if it is ever seriously mooted, would have far more chance of succeeding if someone other than Corbyn were to lead it; a less divisive figure such as Harriet Harman, Ken Clarke, David Liddington or Yvette Cooper, say.
As you so politely put it, it is f--k all to do with me, but it is all to do with the MP's who may want to join forces and many will be less likely to do so if Corbyn is the leader.
Put aside your party political hat and face reality.
By the way, I am no Johnson fan and voted remain.

I am facing reality, Labour members are never going to be happy with any of the four MPs you mention there. Labour MPs maybe, but not the members.
Clarke, although a more acceptable Tory than most of them, has nearly always voted against any kind of improvement of welfare benefits for anyone including the disabled. Nearly always voted for every austerity measure. Always voted against increase in taxation for those earning over £150,000.

David Liddington, was Mays defacto deputy,voted for austerity, for welfare and benefits cuts, voted against EU membership, more often than not. Voted against tax increases for those earning over £150,000.

Yvette Cooper, and Harriett Harmsn would never unite the left of the Labour Party behind them, and, although you may not like it, the left is in the ascent in the party at the moment. As Labour would bring the largest number of MPs to a Unity Government, I assume that, to a certain extent they would call the shots.

I really can’t see a Government of national unity anyway, I don’t think even the more Blairite members of the LP would be happy sharing a platform with Jo Swinson, a politician nearly as mendacious as Johnson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here