Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I now think a no deal Brexit might be worth it, just because we were able to see this.

[tweet]1168984459875672064[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
therein lies much the problem of politics in this country, opposition for sake of it, even if policy is roughly the same.

Except their versions of Brexit are not roughly the same, but they would both deliver on the referendum result. Therein lies the problem with Brexit, it can give a number of different outcomes, and those that have one version in mind would probably prefer to remain than have the other.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm sure Brexit will happen, the elite always get their way, but I'm enjoying the huffing and puffing and tutting of the Daily Express reader next to me on the train this morning, whose reaction to every page she turns to feels like a victory for objective truth, democratic literacy, and common sense, however shortlived.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Brexit will happen, the elite always get their way, but I'm enjoying the huffing and puffing and tutting of the Daily Express reader next to me on the train this morning, whose reaction to every page she turns to feels like a victory for objective truth, democratic literacy, and common sense, however shortlived.

If I were you I'd move seats, it might be contagious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I said, he clearly wants a fight. And as I said, I want to see the EU and Brexit crush Boris.

So far, so good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Deal or no deal nothings changed LEAVE MEANS LEAVE As instructed by the referendum result
Regards
DF

That was at least 3* prime ministers ago. Things have changed.

* including Boris.

D

Deleted member 22389

Read what I have written properly. I know Boris will find a way to crash us out of the Eu and into an economic Hellscape. We will leave the EU with no deal. What I am celebrating is that decent folk do have a backbone. They will stand up to the Gammons and the liars and the Tory scum desperate to pervert democracy for their own gain. Brexiteers got a battering yesterday. Johnson was outed (again) as a lying scumbag. That's what I celebrate. I'm sure the lunatics will be handed back the keys to the asylum shortly.

Your right, things have swung to other side just slightly. However it still stands that 17M+ voted to Leave the EU, if that doesn't happen then there is simply no point in voting anymore. Will just have to put up with it, I won't be happy but I will move on. I just hope remainers can do the same.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Read what I have written properly. I know Boris will find a way to crash us out of the Eu and into an economic Hellscape. We will leave the EU with no deal. What I am celebrating is that decent folk do have a backbone. They will stand up to the Gammons and the liars and the Tory scum desperate to pervert democracy for their own gain. Brexiteers got a battering yesterday. Johnson was outed (again) as a lying scumbag. That's what I celebrate. I'm sure the lunatics will be handed back the keys to the asylum shortly.

Agreed. There is no triumphalism about the vote, except insofar as conviction MPs revived the reputation of British politics (a little) by the integrity and courage they showed against others who completely sold out to the Liar-in-Chief.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I might have a little punt on Labour at those odds: 14-1 in a two-horse race is pretty decent.

Yes, they're behind in the polls but were a lot, lot further behind in 2017 and closed the gap significantly. Corbyn's not at best in the House but he's much happier campaigning while Johnson looks extremely uncomfortable when there's any pressure on him.

I think no overall majority is right but those Labour odds are tempting

Careful. It’s not a two horse race anymore.
Tories Labour Brexit Liberals

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Haven't posted on here since July.

Nothing has changed, we need a vote to settle our nationalist tantrum once and for all

No Deal or No Brexit

Need to decide whether we want years more of uncertainty and a fractured UK, or move on and get a life....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here