Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What was misrepresented or inaccurate in the wiki list of polls?

:facepalm:

Do you know that Brexit polls never ask anyone in Gibraltar? That's because it is 96% Remain. It is easy to rig polls by asking the right demographic.
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am very specific about the No 1 promise I want to be upheld. To enact the result of the referendum which all remainers believed in before the result was to leave. It is for the government and parliament to decide how we leave, we all have our preferences, but leave we must.

You only accept a majority view when it suits you as you are fine with the EU ignoring the overwhelming majority in the HoC who have rejected the deal that the EU insists is the only option. Johnson, Gove Mogg etc insist the deal must change which represents the view of the HoC. If we can't agree a deal the legal default position is to leave without one. As it says in the government manifesto ... no deal is better than a bad deal.

No deal with the EU can be achieved by revoking Article 50. Everything goes back to normal.

Try that for a couple of years and let the Leavers sort out what they really do want.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A bit rich from someone who repeats the right wing media headlines. Don't forget that the pound will crash. That never happened, did it....?
When you talk about misleading people, yes, they got some predictions wrong.
The leave campaign was just outright lies. Many people still quote some of the lies as facts.

When did that emergency budget take place which George Osborne and his predecessor Alistair Darling said would be needed to slash public services and raise taxes?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
th.jpg

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Considering the big spend advantage, the government machine, UK, European, global political establishment, the vast majority of big business all backing remain it's quite frankly pathetic to whine on about how unfair the referendum was.

PA.jpg

Also a bit rich for someone who parroted the taxpayer-funded bullsh*t by HM treasury about an imminent Brexit recession immediately after the vote, to complain about misleading people.
£4£, how much more did leave spend per lie?

What do you reckon, was the money paid to that ex Navy lad to film himself ferrying a boat of brown people across the channel part of the official spending figures?

Or the back door payments to Cambridge Analytica?

I wonder. Shrug.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
£4£, how much more did leave spend per lie?

What do you reckon, was the money paid to that ex Navy lad to film himself ferrying a boat of brown people across the channel part of the official spending figures?

Or the back door payments to Cambridge Analytica?

I wonder. Shrug.

Your lot have got off to a poor start this season .... no wonder you're spending so much time on here.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I am very specific about the No 1 promise I want to be upheld. To enact the result of the referendum which all remainers believed in before the result was to leave. It is for the government and parliament to decide how we leave, we all have our preferences, but leave we must.

You only accept a majority view when it suits you as you are fine with the EU ignoring the overwhelming majority in the HoC who have rejected the deal that the EU insists is the only option. Johnson, Gove Mogg etc insist the deal must change which represents the view of the HoC. If we can't agree a deal the legal default position is to leave without one. As it says in the government manifesto ... no deal is better than a bad deal.
MPs were instructed via the snap election to complete brexit with a deal. As per the labour and conservative manifestos.

Your point is wholly incorrect . Just plain wrong.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Your lot have got off to a poor start this season .... no wonder you're spending so much time on here.
Woodgate has had 3 professional games in his entire career. In those Assombalonga has missed two penalties and Fletcher has had two disallowed goals. Things are fine @ the Boro.

But stop deflecting...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
MPs were instructed via the snap election to complete brexit with a deal. As per the labour and conservative manifestos.

Your point is wholly incorrect . Just plain wrong.

MP's weren't instructed to do anything. They were elected on the basis of manifesto commitments. The two main parties said they would respect and enact the referendum result if elected and received over 80% vote share. One of those parties has betrayed that promise (the one you support, the institutionally antisemitic* one). Parliament as a whole overwhelmingly voted to trigger article 50 which clearly sets out the consequences of not coming to an agreement ... we leave.

* As defined by the Jewish Labour Movement.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
MP's weren't instructed to do anything. They were elected on the basis of manifesto commitments. The two main parties said they would respect and enact the referendum result if elected and received over 80% vote share. One of those parties has betrayed that promise (the one you support, the institutionally antisemitic* one). Parliament as a whole overwhelmingly voted to trigger article 50 which clearly sets out the consequences of not coming to an agreement ... we leave.

And the ERG, part of the islamaphobic* Tory party who voted the same way as labour in both meaningful votes?

*According to every single definition of islamiphobia on the planet.

Your hypocrisy knows no limits.

Watch out, randy grandads coming for your taxes and hoes.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

And if you want to be pedantic about it, between conservatives and UKIP, they only received 44.2% share of the voted.

The rest was made of labour who's manifesto ruled out no deal and the other parties whom were all remain.

If you want to rely on 2017 voting share, it's another win against no deal. There is absolutley no mandate no matter what figures you try to use.

Obviously the above, not withstanding the fact that Tory promised "an orderly" brexit. Is no deal orderly. I'd say very little would agree no deal is orderly. It will be unprecedented chaos.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One pink beret worn by Eddie, amongst at least twenty or thirty people visible. Do you have a problem with transvestites?

I think it makes him uncomfortable.

That or he's deep in the closet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Considering the big spend advantage, the government machine, UK, European, global political establishment, the vast majority of big business all backing remain it's quite frankly pathetic to whine on about how unfair the referendum was.

PA.jpg

Also a bit rich for someone who parroted the taxpayer-funded bullsh*t by HM treasury about an imminent Brexit recession immediately after the vote, to complain about misleading people.

That remain spend includes the cost of the leaflet sent to every uk household that announced the referendum. It was not part of the remain campaign it was months before the referendum, and as such not particularly effective, even if you consider it pro remain propaganda.

I was expecting the UK to hit recession long before now, due to Brexit, and I am pleased to say I was wrong, but I do believe we were lucky. I am not sure we would have not had a recession if the BoE had not chucked another £70 Billion of QE in, promising up to £250 Billion if required, cut interest rate in half to a 0.25%, or if the global economy had not unexpectedly picked up, but never mind JC, its probably here now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If only I had your superior intellect.
I love how you embrace democracy.

Sorry, I don't recall communicating with you, maybe you were to dull to remember ???

https://youtu.be/cU-ITKrCr0I

https://youtu.be/CwlfPo2eTfg

I don't know what you mean this is all about,

When two tribes go to war
One is all that you can score
(Score no more, score no more)
When two tribes go to war
One is all that you can score

Your opinion, in mine he is Left left left left wing.

Being a danger to the country is about much, much more than nuclear weapons...……………

Cameron, Osborne, May, Johnson et al are managing it without any such drastic tools...….. but you obviously will not agree with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here