Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A depressing sequence of events this evening for those of us who hoped to find a better solution to the current imperfect impasse.

No deal Brexit off the table, no extension, and now a likely weak pathetic brexit that wasn’t what brexiteers actually voted for.

****ing bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you're not the only citizens of this country. You might have won the vote to leave but it doesn't follow that only you can decide how we leave. And there's plenty of leavers supporting this deal.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well you claim not to remember telling Guy Butters (when he was posting on NSC under the user name Race) that he was completely wrong about what was happening in the Albion dressing room as you had impeccable sauces that told you otherwise. Then, when it was revealed that 'Race' was actually Guy Butters, our first choice centre back, you seemed to forget your login details for a long while. Now I thought that was quite memorable, not to mention hilarious.

I guess different people people forget different things :shrug:

Are you that dumb, whilst you were getting your Y-Fronts signed by 'Race' your best mate, I tried to gently tell you that actually it was the coaching staff that were saying Wilkins was NOT away for three weeks, there is no stake in it for me from 10 years ago, I know you think your George Soros typing away in your spare bedroom but now you think your a friend of the players, bet they love you, get a life 'Walter Mitty' ....... :lolol::lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Very good point. Two heavy defeats, it shouldn’t be allowed a third.

Yeah, how come they're allowed to vote again anyway? We're not.

This must be the longest thread in NSC history. It was a poll asking the simple question: Is Theresa May out of her depth?

The answer was:

She doesn't know what she is doing
460 70.12%

She knows exactly what she is doing
196 29.88%

Looks like folk on here got the correct answer.

The most threads ever to have been merged in NSC history. #pedant

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, how come they're allowed to vote again anyway? We're not

Indeed. It’s as if letting the public make the decision, that the MPs clearly can’t, is the most undemocratic thing imaginable.

We know that pre-planning a second informed referendum would have killed any chance of getting a good deal. Sadly, we’ve ended up with a shit one anyway.

What odd times we live in.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
that's why we have a parliament....flawed undoubtedly but still generally better informed than average person in the street

No doubt true. Can’t help feel that we’ve been left with Hobson choice because so many Remainers, Party Politics, not least within the Conservatives, the EU etc have done their damnedest from day 1 to sabotage Brexit. It’s really shown just how flawed our democracy is and how little influence we have over our lives in or out of the European project. I’m confident it will collapse within the couple of decades because of external pressures like climate change, mass migration and rising unemployment. And then there’s Russia...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you that dumb, whilst you were getting your Y-Fronts signed by 'Race' your best mate, I tried to gently tell you that actually it was the coaching staff that were saying Wilkins was NOT away for three weeks, there is no stake in it for me from 10 years ago, I know you think your George Soros typing away in your spare bedroom but now you think your a friend of the players, bet they love you, get a life 'Walter Mitty' ....... :lolol::lolol:

:thumbsup:

You never, ever, let me down .

PS and of course, you’re (Joke) third hand gossip trumps a first team player’s facts :lolol:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

What a bizarre post.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So a Tory whip has just voted against the motion he was telling others to vote for and the prime minister opposes a policy she supports. This coming from a mess caused after she called an election that she said wasn't going to happen for a mandate she said she had to support a process that she was opposed to in the first place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What a bizarre post.

i think it might be three posts jumbled together

:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, bizarre insights in to the Withdean dressing room aside, where are our gammon chums tonight? It’s like Palace fans on Saturday night....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a bizarre post.

It reminds me of that quiz in The Guardian. They’d take famous quotes, use Google to translate them into another language, then translate back into English. You had to guess what the famous quote was from the now mangled sentences.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You do all realise that if there was a second vote, this merry go round would just start all over again yeah? [emoji848]

Much like the merry-go-round that is Mat trying to get her deal through for what, the 3rd time now?

Remember the referendum was advisory. Make it the actual will of the people and see how it goes then I say.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A quick recap, this is what happens when a **** calls for a referendum loses said referendum then resigns.

May is then in the hot seat, what does she do completely wrecks her majority by calling a GE, she and her cronies have no plan for Brexit whatsoever.

Then a bunch of clowns in parliament unanimously vote to invoke article 50 and then pass a law knowing there is absolutely no plan, then brilliantly (a master stroke) the negotiations are carried out by a bunch remainers.

Meanwhile the opposition party is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. :glare:

RIP UK politics.:shootself

You couldn't make this shite up. :moo:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think with our bunch of devious and dishonest MPs, it would be more like\:

A) Remain.
B) Brexit - with the proviso that MPs can force our negotiators to reveal every detail of their hand they are holding to the other side before they start negotiating, and that MPs can vote against any deal that the EU will let us have, thus prevaricating for ever, never leaving, and perpetuating the uncertainty which is damaging the country now for ever and ever.

In other words, lie and cheat and weasel out of doing anything they personally don't want to do like they did with the 2016 referendum.

You appear to have more of a beef with our government than the EU. Just sayin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here