Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has she started smoking recently?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But the problem ultimately stems from the Tory party, which already had only a very small majority, deciding it should negotiate the biggest

I have largely kept out of this debate, as I am not too sure of all the intricacies -unlike others who know it all! - but your assertion is surely far too one-sided and biased. I assume you are new here as you obviously have never read any accusation of leavers being thick, racist, not knowing what they are doing, and whole host of isms as well heaped on to them. Neither side has really made any effort.

Spot on. Amusing to see people who are brazenly partisan, contemptous and dismissive of all things Brexit suddenly bemoaning the lack of concensus building :rolleyes:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Has she started smoking recently?

Around the time of the last election.

18222162_1556786944334561_2375256846238559430_n-450x270.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So why waste money investing in Swindon and then to leave early?
Because they had planned to stay, and then Japan got a deal with the EU that meant they could export to the EU without tariffs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remoaners? I didn't think you were a brexiteer? Are you just coining their phrase or have you politically shifted?
I like to try and just look at the facts. Brexit is a shit show, completely cocked up by our MPs. But that doesn't mean we should attribute things that aren't because of Brexit, to Brexit. The facts speak for themselves, throwing in other crap takes away from the anti-Brexit argument. It's just the same as calling everyone who's in favour of Brexit thick. That's no way to win an argument or persuade others of your argument, yet that's most of what we read here.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Staying. Going to upset a lot of people, but becoming more inevitable by the hour.

Certainly looks likely now.

Is there a 3-line whip for the Labour Party tonight, or is this a free vote ?

Some, like Caroline Flint (and 30 odd others) seemed to imply last week they would be voting for it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have largely kept out of this debate, as I am not too sure of all the intricacies -unlike others who know it all! - but your assertion is surely far too one-sided and biased. I assume you are new here as you obviously have never read any accusation of leavers being thick, racist, not knowing what they are doing, and whole host of isms as well heaped on to them. Neither side has really made any effort.

Oh for sure, there have been some deplorable people on the Remain side too. But ultimately the Remain camp haven't been the ones who've found themselves having to be in a position to build consensus for their decision, the Leave side were. And they blew it. Spectacularly.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I like to try and just look at the facts. Brexit is a shit show, completely cocked up by our MPs. But that doesn't mean we should attribute things that aren't because of Brexit, to Brexit. The facts speak for themselves, throwing in other crap takes away from the anti-Brexit argument. It's just the same as calling everyone who's in favour of Brexit thick. That's no way to win an argument or persuade others of your argument, yet that's most of what we read here.

Fair enough. Not sure using he term "remoaner" is the best way to go about that though. It comes across as favouring one (of the two extreme) side and thus contributes to the very thing you are trying to mitigates against in bold above.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Whatever transpires, this has been an epic cock-up of Pythonesque proportions. I have seen colleagues at work fall out over this (some of our well-respected -or so I thought - European workers, were visibly hurt/upset/angry at the gloating of the Leave camp), I myself have blocked (and been blocked) by so-called friends on social media.
Yet, here we are, still none the wiser (if we ever were) and still at each other's throats.
This referendum was akin to chucking a loaded pistol inbetween two infants and waiting to see what happened.
I just think it's all so, so sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here