Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you now claiming the English are discriminated against ?

That's an interesting one. If so it probably requires some form of "Defence League".

Maybe you should start one.
You know precisely what I am saying. I notice you still avoid the question about equality. I think I'll leave it there and categorise you as one of the remainers who isn't very strong on democracy and fair play.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You know precisely what I am saying. I notice you still avoid the question about equality. I think I'll leave it there and categorise you as one of the remainers who isn't very strong on democracy and fair play.

Are you still here? Why?
The style and content of your comments have been discredited.....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a tragic irony in David Lammy's comments here.

What characterized the Nazis was stirring hatred towards a group of people and accusing them of degeneracy, in the case of the Nazis it was the Jewish people.

Well I've never heard a member of the ERG whip up hatred towards a group of people, or accuse them of degeneracy, all I've heard them do is advocate leaving the EU and becoming an independant country.

I think comparisons with the Nazis are ridiculous and I don't feel like throwing the accusation back at him, but the sad fact is that David Lammy's behavior here is more comparable to the behavior of the Nazis than anything any member of the ERG have ever done.

What an idiot.

In 1931 the Nazis didn't stir up trouble. They got elected first. They gradually took control by using the will of the people, and turned it into a dictatorship. Gradualism.
Deporting British people is already happening. 11 people wrongly deported have died since, with the Windrush scandal under May. Grenfell still hasn't been investigated properly by the government but swept under the carpet and accusations thrown at the firefighters. 15 of those families still haven't been rehoused.
Registering for settled status, and accidentally sharing their data with all & sundry.
David Lammy is the MP for Tottenham, & listens to the problems of his constituents. He has his finger on the pulse of the man on the street. Unless you have suffered discrimination, you cannot understand.
I am not a Labour supporter but he is a good MP.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The shit Brexit that you delight in, may well happen but the result of that is likely to harm politics for a generation. It is also likely that very soft Brexit will take any possible advantage from leaving at all as we will be more beholden than we are currently. I would prefer to remain is that were the option.

I can't imagine any remainer delighting in any form of Brexit.

Besides, that is not a valid opinion. Apparently the only options available to you, according to [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], are to go from Hard Border to Customs Union or vice versa and only an undemocratic loon would suggest otherwise.

Oh well, at least it looks like after 3 years you've finally decided that what you voted for was a Hard Border. Maybe now you and JCFG have finally decided in the last couple of days, some others may follow your lead.

Unfortunately, I think you have left your decision a little too late :shrug:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The shit Brexit that you delight in, may well happen but the result of that is likely to harm politics for a generation. It is also likely that very soft Brexit will take any possible advantage from leaving at all as we will be more beholden than we are currently. I would prefer to remain is that were the option.

Any Brexit ( hard or soft ) means at the very least :

No EU Army membership
No 'ever closer union'
No CAP
No obeying rulings from the ECJ
No move towards Schengen
No possibility of taking the Euro

Half of this thread moans about all of the above.

You are also not right about being beholden - that is actually the tired fake narrative of 'being a rule taker' - see the important thread below :

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1073867169723756544?s=19

There has been an unholy alliance to stitch up in a pincer move the most hopeful Brexit out there from the Zealots on both sides - ERG and People's Vote ( in whose interest it is to pitch Remain against the worst possible Brexit ).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In 1931 the Nazis didn't stir up trouble. They got elected first. They gradually took control by using the will of the people, and turned it into a dictatorship. Gradualism.
Deporting British people is already happening. 11 people wrongly deported have died since, with the Windrush scandal under May. Grenfell still hasn't been investigated properly by the government but swept under the carpet and accusations thrown at the firefighters. 15 of those families still haven't been rehoused.
Registering for settled status, and accidentally sharing their data with all & sundry.
David Lammy is the MP for Tottenham, & listens to the problems of his constituents. He has his finger on the pulse of the man on the street. Unless you have suffered discrimination, you cannot understand.

The Nazi's didn't get elected.
The highest they ever polled was 37.4%, playing on the emotions of the German people at the height of their economic problems. As the economy started to improve, support for the Nazi's waned. They knew it was their last chance and so created pressure on the ageing and unwell Hindenburg to make Hitler Reich Chancellor and appease the Communists and Nazi's together. Amazingly, Hindenburg reluctantly agreed, even though there were only a few Nazi's in the Cabinet. The rest is history.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No EU Army membership
No 'ever closer union'
No CAP
No move towards Schengen

You are also not right about being beholden - that is actually the tired fake narrative of 'being a rule taker' - see the important thread below :

There has been an unholy alliance to stitch up in a pincer move the most hopeful Brexit out there from the Zealots on both sides - ERG and People's Vote ( in whose interest it is to pitch Remain against the worst possible Brexit ).

Liam Fox has already outlined the Tories plans for removing workers rights which was originally from the EU. Many will find out you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Nazi's didn't get elected.
The highest they ever polled was 37.4%, playing on the emotions of the German people at the height of their economic problems. As the economy started to improve, support for the Nazi's waned. They knew it was their last chance and so created pressure on the ageing and unwell Hindenburg to make Hitler Reich Chancellor and appease the Communists and Nazi's together. Amazingly, Hindenburg reluctantly agreed, even though there were only a few Nazi's in the Cabinet. The rest is history.

I thought they held a majority of seats forcing Hindenberg to make Hitler Chancellor? I can’t pretend to have a vast knowledge of the politics of that era though and fully accept I may be mistaken.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And so they should have them. There should be no sexual or racial discrimination.

I would go further, no discrimination against people in different parts of the UK, if they want to remain in the UK, they should be allowed to do so.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would go further, no discrimination against people in different parts of the UK, if they want to remain in the UK, they should be allowed to do so.
So you are in agreement with equality and no discrimination.

How on earth does that sit comfortably with the fact that you don't mind some parts of the UK having the right to self determination but you do not think one part should? Or is it just Scotland that can vote to leave but not Northern Ireland and Wales?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Do you also agree with David Lammy that parents should be allowed to smack their children, and the fact that they cannot is a reason for out-of-control youth behaviour? I would be interested to know your view.

I will say this for him, although he says some silly things, he is brave on standing against the mainstream on this and other views (a bit like Jordan Peterson). He is also against Jeremy Corbyn, which is always a good sign.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No EU Army membership
No 'ever closer union'
No CAP
No move towards Schengen

Apart from the CAP and abiding by the law, the rest of that list can be had by remaining also. I think those things become more likely for the UK if we leave, as at some point we will rejoin, and may not get the freedom of choice we currently have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here