Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

If you happen to have an android phone that connects to a printer.

Most of the links that have been posted in regards of settled status have been wrong or completely misleading today. I've used the system and it works very well.

Jan 30, 2008
That is why perhaps the only solution is to experience the *no deal - no meal* Brexit... and then everyone can see the catastrophe.

It'll then take a monumental effort to fix it asap and probably a lot of begging and grovelling to get to a quick position allowing for a vote on either EFTA/EEA Brexit or actually rejoining.

And then the court cases can start to get redress for any loss of life.
Ant time scale for this catastrophe you speak about or just more dramatic words to scare people
Regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
How would you know Dave you don't live here???:dunce::dunce:
regards
DR

Im in the UK quite often, my little turnip. Theres also a medium called electronics, and this, I hope you understand, will help me see, and hear as much about the UK as you.
You have all the 'benefit' of living there, and still make a **** of yourself on here daily. Good work.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But 'the leavers' never imagined that the government would also go into those negotiations having taken the default position of leaving with a no deal off the table. We were never going to get a good deal once that happened.

"If you don't give me what I want then I'm going to shoot myself in the face" isn't as good a negotiating tactic as many seem to think.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I see that Ian Holloway says that the EU is to blame for the handball rule and we need to have Brexit to get rid of it.

There you go; people wanted to know the advantages of Brexit, that's a big one :lolol:

Ah, so Holloway joins the illustrious Neil Warnock in the Brexit-supporting camp. Good to see Graham Potter has made it clear (Sunday Times, 11 August) that he disagrees with them.

The Albion always was a classy football club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Or agreeing with the EU not to discuss a trade deal. In all this talk about whether or not we leave with a deal it is important to remember that the Government has made no attempt to negotiate the very deal that is most important. I wonder why....

The EU have been more than happy to discuss a trade deal but want the ACTUAL most important bits (the Good Friday Agreement, money owed, citizens rights) agreed first. The transition period after the exit date was then when the trade deal was to be discussed. But it is worth noting that a trade deal takes roughly ten years to negotiate and complete.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you happen to have an android phone that connects to a printer.

and if you happen to know about Settled Status in the first place. Still, if Johnson is granting an amnesty to illegal immigrants already here, a few hundred thousand more from The EU who didn't apply wont make much of a difference - I'm sure The Home Office have got it all covered. :flypig:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
"If you don't give me what I want then I'm going to shoot myself in the face" isn't as good a negotiating tactic as many seem to think.

Absolute rubbish. Everyone will be affected in some way by a 'no deal' including the EU.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1163836642823720961[/TWEET]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolute rubbish. Everyone will be affected in some way by a 'no deal' including the EU.

Yes. They will get some of our blood on their clothes when we shoot ourselves in the face. So it's not ideal for them. But it's suicidal for us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It will, but not by anything like as much as the UK will be. The EU has a thriving internal market which is the largest single market on Earth (larger than the US and China in terms of GDP), there is nothing it will lose out from that the UK makes that it can't pick up the slack from elsewhere. A few of their suppliers may well struggle, but the concerned Governments (notably the French, German & Dutch) have already put in place measures to protect them. Ireland is likely to suffer the most but again the EU has moved to protect Irish interests, and new freight routes have already opened between Ireland and France / Spain to cater for the loss of routes through the UK.

By contrast, the UK can't even get it's post-Brexit passports sorted out, and has no idea how it's going to get it's hands on life-saving medication post-Brexit.

boik

Go on then, I'll ask a naive question, and please don't assume anything about my politics from this question - I don't like any of the parties in their current incarnation.

When Mr Corbyn says he'd do ANYTHING to avoid a no-deal Brexit, I presume he means he'd do anything APART from vote for the deal already agreed with the EU? Seems a very limited definition of "anything".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No we're not feeble, we'll do what we've always done, roll up our sleeves and get on with it.

You mean like how loads of people phoned the police when KFC ran out of chicken?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here