Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Another one not happy with Brexit

[tweet]1349271087645941760[/tweet]

I suspect that for political advantage Farage will lead the 'not what we voted for' charge; he never specified what Brexit he wanted so he can always hammer the government with this faux criticism.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect that for political advantage Farage will lead the 'not what we voted for' charge; he never specified what he Brexit he wanted so he can always hammer the government with this faux criticism.

Yet we keep being told they knew what they voted for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yet we keep being told they knew what they voted for.

Given that three weeks after the deal was signed, it's become blindingly obvious that the Government still don't know what they negotiated, I think that claiming to know what was voted for 4.5 years ago is being shown to be a little ......... er ..... 'optimistic' :lolol:

#fantasymeetsreality

Anyway:albion2:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
DbJFAhoWAAAZXKG.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Swivel-eyed Brexit loons don't like Brexit. Who could have guessed :lolol:

#fantasymeetsreality

I know people have been taking bets on how long it will take before the UK threatens to break International Law (again) on an agreement they've signed up to

Always was a bit mythed why Brexiters thought it was such a good deal.

The problem with Brexit is when you write it down it all falls apart

Enough of this sh1t, I need crack open a beer:goal::goal::goal:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Glad to be of service.
Always enjoy laughing at our resident Pinocchio.

Ps. It wasn’t a slip of the tongue. She has already said it was a deliberate play on words. Nice try though.

Wordplay... mistype... even you knows that TB doesn't think that the UK is a third world country. You're playing your little games again, all so you can call a fellow-Albion supporter a liar.

Judge Taylor wouldn't be a bit impressed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprise surprise "Brexit will increase food supply chain costs, warn business groups "

I think most of us saw this coming, thank God for blue passports though !

Brexit red tape is likely to increase food supply chain costs, the Food and Drink Federation has warned.

Chief executive Ian Wright told MPs that there will be short and long-term costs to "re-engineering" supply chains.

The British Retail Consortium warned of further possible shortages of some products in Northern Ireland supermarkets.

And manufacturers were concerned that Brexit bureaucracy will push up costs.

There will be extra food supply chain costs due to more paperwork, Mr Wright told MPs on the Future Relationship with the European Union Committee on Wednesday.

"Unless the deal changes in some material way, we're going to see the re-engineering of almost all the EU-UK and GB-NI supply chains over the next six to nine months," Mr Wright said.

"In the short term there will be costs and time wasted for supply to reach the shelves, and in the long term will be costs and changes, and fairly significant changes, to the way in which manufacturers in the UK and in the EU interact when they are producing product," he said.

Mr Wright criticised the bureaucracy that his members are now facing when trying to export from the UK to the EU.

He used the example of one company that used to complete the necessary paperwork within 3 hours, but it was now taking them 5 days.

He said the government had struck a deal with the European Union too late for food and beverage companies to get ready for the new regulations which came into force at the end of 2020.

Ports problems
British ports have been contending with a number of pressures over the past months, including from new Brexit systems and the coronavirus crisis.

The pressure on ports for companies doing trade with the European Union will get worse before it gets better, Mr Wright added.

There are currently around 2,000 lorries per day crossing between Dover and Calais, when there are normally 10,000.

He added that traffic between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland is also very light, so the systems in place haven't really been fully tested yet.

'Supermarket disruption'
Andrew Opie, director of food and sustainability at the British Retail Consortium said significant disruption for supermarkets moving products from Great Britain into Northern Ireland could be expected from April onwards unless the government deals with the fact that the grace period on Export Health Certificates will come to an end.

There is currently a three-month grace period from the EU which exempts full certification for all products of animal origin.

BSupply problems for NI supermarkets being 'overcome'
BMP says teething problem remark is an 'insult'
BSupermarkets call for action on NI food supplies
"Northern Ireland is a particular problem, there is no doubt about that, and a particular problem for UK supermarkets," Mr Opie said. "If we don't find a workable solution for retailers in the next couple of months we do face significant disruption in Northern Ireland."

Mr Opie added that the system for trade between the UK and the EU is not set up for just-in-time supermarket supply chains.

Manufacturer costs warning
There are also a large number of small manufacturing businesses who deal directly with the EU that face extra costs, according to Stephen Phipson, chief executive of Make UK.

"We have... around 50,000 manufacturers, which only trade with the EU," he said. "Their businesses are set up to be part of the just-in-time supply chains backwards and forwards across the Channel."

He said for them, trade before the end of the Brexit transition period was internal.

"There was never any paperwork, there was never any requirement to do things like rules of origin calculations, so there was no record-keeping in that respect."

Mr Phipson gave the example of one small business in Huddersfield making LED lenses for cars in the Italian automotive industry.

"For them it's about just in time delivery, so any kind of customs paperwork, rules of origin calculations, for them is very difficult. They're operating on lower [profit] margins, so they're operating typically on a 4% margin, so as soon as you start adding this bureaucracy into it, it adds up."

The Cabinet Office was approached for comment.

Last week the Cabinet Office said that businesses needed to be fully compliant with the new trade rules to avoid disruption.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55632071

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wordplay... mistype... even you knows that TB doesn't think that the UK is a third world country. You're playing your little games again, all so you can call a fellow-Albion supporter a liar.

Judge Taylor wouldn't be a bit impressed.

When the nose fits

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I suspect that for political advantage Farage will lead the 'not what we voted for' charge; he never specified what Brexit he wanted so he can always hammer the government with this faux criticism.

Exactly what we voted for.....they need us more than we need them....

[tweet]1349381418804195328[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
An interesting comment...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/13/brexit-done-dividend-policy

One extract...

The emotional importance of Brexit should never be underestimated. Support for it will always depend more upon feelings than realities. Yet the plain fact is that there has been no material Brexit dividend of any kind in the first two weeks of the break. Perhaps that does not matter. Perhaps a dividend will come. But perhaps the EU has also succeeded in showing there are real costs to leaving.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[tweet]1349603795253284865[/tweet]

Hahahahahahahahahaha ****. ME.

It's nuts isn't it, when people have to claim they didn't do important aspects of their job, to excuse the poor results of not having done their job very well, because the alternative to not being bothered, is being diligent but stupid.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1349603795253284865[/tweet]

Hahahahahahahahahaha ****. ME.

Victoria "Apprentice" more like it. It hard to think of time when the quality of government ministers has been so low.

Apparently there is £100m available over the next few years for fisheries but the way things are going many will be bankrupt by then.

Johnson needs to launch a Brexit victims fund and fast...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have noticed posters sniping on Brexit on various other threads on the Main Board and rather than take those threads of topic, I think it would be better to quote the posts here so they can actually be challenged with simple facts.

.....and [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] was posting a post highlighting the comparison of the rhetoric used on NSC against the Trump supporting mentalists with the rhetoric used against anyone who supported Bxxxxx.

Just try and get your head round the idea that some of us on NSC will completely differ on the B word (I don't want to push this thread into the Cess - sorry, Bear - Pit; that can stay on its own thread) - but will still be on the same side as far as Trump, for instance, is concerned.

That [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] was caught out simply lying. On the week of the referendum he stated

Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

And, when his case was taken apart objectively and factually, 2 months ago, he posted

Oh dear....there you go again....take a deep breath .....stop spending every waking hour bemoaning the exit from the EU and try comparing the economic effect of Brexit to Covid..... then I promise I won't come on here again with an exasperated rant. Bit much to ask, I know but give it a try.
( p.s I didn't vote for Brexit. I own a business and import from Europe. Why would I vote for Brexit?....again, difficult to understand but give it a try )

And when called out as a liar, he hasn't been seen since, but continues to snipe at Brexit from other threads.

Anyway, while we are on the subject of Brexit, is it going the way you hoped when you voted for it ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here