Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
It will be US picking up the tab. Do keep up.

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/
https://fullfact.org/europe/norway-eu-payments/

“In 2018 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.

The UK’s contribution to the EU budget as a fully paid-up member was set to be around £220 per head between 2015 and 2020, whereas Norway is set to put in around £140 per head.

Unlike Norway, the UK contributes directly to the central EU budget. The size of its contribution is based on the size of its economy and its VAT income.”

SO…

If we are charged the same per head as Norway @ £140 per head, our annual bill will be £9.3 billion. Which is more than our current net contribution and for less benefit. Well done you!

If might and maybe Mikey, Remainers favourite words,well done
Regards
DF

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Thornberry and Starmer still back the danger man himself, shame on them.

:lol: Where do you get this stuff from you embarrassment? And that's a genuine question, I'd be interested to know.

And what is it with conservatives/the right trying to get creative? Always looks like a child, minus the imagination, has put it together. In fact it reminds me a lot of the Always Ultra's displays. Shoddy.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Both sides of the argument are really annoying at the moment in terms of the language and actions used. The Boris attempt at pretending there was no press following him, the use of the phrase "Crash out" all the time, the constant reference to parliament being shut down for several weeks when as far as I can make out it was just a few days.

These people do themselves no favours in trying to win over people to their view when this is how they behave

Quite.
What chance have we got when you have truly laughable figures in charge of parties...Johnson, Corbyn, Swinson....in the whole history of Westminster has there ever been three less credible individuals. All three promoted way above their ability and like rabbits caught in headlights. They say we get the politicians we deserve. What the hell have we done to deserve these buffoons?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Quite.
What chance have we got when you have truly laughable figures in charge of parties...Johnson, Corbyn, Swinson....in the whole history of Westminster has there ever been three less credible individuals. All three promoted way above their ability and like rabbits caught in headlights. They say we get the politicians we deserve. What the hell have we done to deserve these buffoons?

Indeed, from L to R: Johnson, Corbyn, Swinson

Three-stooges-370x273.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Both sides of the argument are really annoying at the moment in terms of the language and actions used. The Boris attempt at pretending there was no press following him, the use of the phrase "Crash out" all the time, the constant reference to parliament being shut down for several weeks when as far as I can make out it was just a few days.

These people do themselves no favours in trying to win over people to their view when this is how they behave

I do agree that the phrase 'Crash out' is ridiculous and not at all reflective of the situation. It almost implies that it is the end of something.

'Crashing into decades of a maelstrom of British Industry being undercut and wiped out by zero tariff imports from across the whole world, British Exporters seeing EU and Worldwide import tariffs completely wipe out their profitable markets whilst their goods sit rotting in traffic jams at borders across the world, and, all the time, simultaneously trying to negotiate hundreds of trade arrangements with the major political and economic powers across the world from this incredibly weak and precarious negotiating position' would probably be more accurate, if a little long winded :wink:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quite.

Well, I can't think of anything :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
btw i read the Irish Times article where the writer is saying a majority doesn't counts as "the people". i can see what he's saying about wider consensus, however we have always been told that 50.1% is a majority and we should accept that. now people are told otherwise and they dont really understand why not.

As that article says though, 50.1% or whatever the majority voting for something is, the problem is the Humpty Dumpty analogy now applies, so leave means leave actually means anything you want it to mean.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I do agree that the phrase 'Crash out' is ridiculous and not at all reflective of the situation.

'Crashing into decades of a maelstrom of British Industry being undercut and wiped out by zero tariff imports from across the whole world, British Exporters seeing EU and Worldwide import tariffs completely wipe out their profitable markets whilst their goods sit rotting in traffic jams at borders across the world, and, all the time, simultaneously trying to negotiate hundreds of trade agreements with the major political and economic powers across the world from this incredibly weak and precarious negotiating position' would probably be more accurate, if a little long winded :wink:

PersonaIly, I don't think 70% of leavers favour no deal because they stupid, most are just ignorant. Anyone who half of grasp would not favour this position...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is that a YouGov poll ? If so apparently it doesn't count.

No sir, IpsosMORI, but YouGov also out today on 23% up 3 / 4% respectively,

Polls these days are just a bit of fun, one TV debate and things can be turned on their head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here