Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe this is the moment. When people finally wake up and realise they've been conned. Brexit is the biggest betrayal since the Munich Agreement of 1938. We're a ******* bunch of ***** to the likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg. It was obvious - fascism was never going to walk down the road saying 'Heil Rees-Mogg!' in this country - it was always going to have a public school accent, gone to Oxbridge, probably Eton collegetoo and been fluent at Latin.

Was Karl Marx a hundred years wrong? Isandlwana , Mahikeng, Somme, Munich, Suez, Brexit - ****ing wake up people! The Conservative and Unionist Party are anything but. English, right wing ****wits have taken it over just like happened with Trump and The Republican Party in The USA, which we're about to become the 51st state of.

More people reading my rant above would prefer to fall on their knees and perform fellatio on Nigel Farage than realise I speak the truth. It's why we're done for as a country.

Top rant.

But the wise will rise.:thumbsup:

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Interesting.

So if we leave, will I be able to pay my cleaner and my gardener less? ???

Or would they up the rate due to fewer competitors?

The reality is my cleaner, gardener and window cleaner are all Kentish of long pedigree.

The other reality is we won't leave. FACT!

There will be a second referendum and remain will win. Not sure when, but soonish.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

F off, PPC

I hope you’re right. I go from optimism to pessimism pretty easily! I just hope enough people see what’s going on to enable the numbers in parliament for a second referendum. Or preferably revoke article 50 and f**k brexit off. Anyone that believes brexit is about anything other than the very wealthy Retaining that wealth is sadly deluded.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remind me to not argue political history with you again :facepalm::lolol::thumbsup:

:lolol::lolol: I'm afraid I'm a bit of a politics geek and am an avid reader of politicians' diaries (Crossman, Benn, Clark, Cook, Mullins) and political books - I've mentioned them before but I highly recommend Peter Henessy's books on post-war Britain. There's a new one just out and it's on my Christmas list.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Be interesting if Boris blinks and goes for the NI only back stop, it might be his only choice. This incidentally was rumored to be the original Boris Plan A.

As being discussed on the news I'd forgotten that the EU will instantly say yes as it's already been drafted.

Would that get through Parliament if:

- Boris allows the rebels back in
- The DUP will definitely say no, but the ERG vote with the Government (some members are leaning towards it)
- A number of Labour MPs feel enough is enough

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah

Shame he never stood up in the House and voted against it. Hey ho.

As he said, he accepted the result.

Having said that, I was surprised he wasn't one of the rebels but he's resolutely against no deal - as he says in the speech quoted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It seems that the remainers with their efforts are making it virtually impossible for anybody, yet alone Boris, to negotiate a deal with the EU or perhaps that is their aim to remain and ignore the referendum via the back door.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Be interesting if Boris blinks and goes for the NI only back stop, it might be his only choice.

As being discussed on the news I'd forgotten that the EU will instantly say yes as it's already been drafted.

- The DUP will definitely say no, but the ERG vote with the Government (some members are leaning towards it)

Although they might then be at risk of losing the upcoming election. Risky strategy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems that the remainers with their efforts are making it virtually impossible for anybody, yet alone Boris, to negotiate a deal with the EU or perhaps that is their aim to remain and ignore the referendum via the back door.

No. If we hit Oct 31 with no deal we leave with no deal.

The exact opposite of your inference, in fact.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Be interesting if Boris blinks and goes for the NI only back stop, it might be his only choice. This incidentally was rumored to be the original Boris Plan A.

People who will say no
The DUP
The ERG - they've said they'd reject it even if the backstop were removed
Unionist-supporting Tories (they are quite a few of these)
Remainer MPs (LDs, SNP, PC, St Caroline)

People who say Yes
Mainstream Tories
Some Labour

Don't know
Some Labour

It will be an interesting vote for sure: I think it will be close but the government would win it

It's a short term solution though as it what it will do is create a barrier between NI and GB.

It will certainly accelerate a move to a united Ireland and may well lead to Scottish independence

What larks,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'm sorry but that plainly isn't happening. They haven't even attempted to negotiate a deal. The strategy was to freak the EU out, but it simply hasn't worked.

What sort of "negotiating strategy" was that ? Threatening to hurt THIS COUNTRY if they don't drop the backstop.

:lolol:

Tactically, they have completely ****ed it up. Losing a whole number of MPs (who voted OVER AND OVER AGAIN for May's deal.

However, I'm sure there is another plan up their sleeves. Possibly a NI only backstop.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
People who will say no
The DUP
The ERG - they've said they'd reject it even if the backstop were removed
Unionist-supporting Tories (they are quite a few of these)
Remainer MPs (LDs, SNP, PC, St Caroline)

People who say Yes
Mainstream Tories
Some Labour

Don't know
Some Labour

It will be an interesting vote for sure: I think it will be close but the government would win it

It's a short term solution though as it what it will do is create a barrier between NI and GB.

It will certainly accelerate a move to a united Ireland and may well lead to Scottish independence

What larks,

SNP will also want "special treatment". It has muted as a solution by an ERG member tonight and remember a few voted for May's deal on the last vote.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has it not been suggested by many that the EU seem to be weakening and being prepared to do a deal with Boris but that will all now be lost with the latest developments at Westminster.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has it not been suggested by many that the EU seem to be weakening and being prepared to do a deal with Boris but that will all now be lost with the latest developments at Westminster.

No. No, it hasn't. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sorry but that plainly isn't happening. They haven't even attempted to negotiate a deal. The strategy was to freak the EU out, but it simply hasn't worked.

What sort of "negotiating strategy" was that ? Threatening to hurt THIS COUNTRY if they don't drop the backstop.

:lolol:

Tactically, they have completely ****ed it up. Losing a whole number of MPs (who voted OVER AND OVER AGAIN for May's deal.

However, I'm sure there is another plan up their sleeves. Possibly a NI only backstop.

To be fair, Boris saying 'oh bollocks, let's have May's deal then' will be met with the derision it deserves. In other words '**** off, let's have another referendum'.

Anyway, the backstop is kicking the can down the road. And no deal is kicking every can into orbit. So remain it is. And F off PPC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here