Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And what an excellent speaker and parliamentarian he has been :clap:

Makes you proud to be part of this wonderful British Parliamentary democracy

uk-union-jack-flag-waving-animated-gif-3.gif

Surely, you would have to truly be an idiot to think otherwise :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Horrible little dwarf , sloping off to save face :wanker:
regards
DF

He sensibly chose a date as a new Speaker would have too much of a tough baptism. He may have thought about staying on but...

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What will be interesting is the Labour Brexit position once an election is called, which will happen after 31st October.

Perhaps I scan too much information but I'm sure I read earlier John McDonnell saying that a Labour-led government would attempt to negotiate a number of variations to May's deal and put the result to the country with Remain as an alternative. Come the referendum Labour would officially support Remain although I guess candidates would not be whipped.

The Tories' equivalent policy would presumably be a promise to take us out on a no-deal, with no referendum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps I scan too much information but I'm sure I read earlier John McDonnell saying that a Labour-led government would attempt to negotiate a number of variations to May's deal and put the result to the country with Remain as an alternative. Come the referendum Labour would officially support Remain although I guess candidates would not be whipped.

The Tories' equivalent policy would presumably be a promise to take us out on a no-deal, with no referendum.

Basically lots of democracy, or no democracy. The choice is YOUUUURS.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He has timed it so that this sitting parliament will elect the new speaker, and not a new parliament where parties could manipulate newly elected MP's

I think Edward Leigh is probably the most likely candidate. But he may not have the approval of the left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1171019088333815810[/tweet]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just popped in to check if the gloomerati who were bigging up the recent 0.2% contraction in the economy as the sign we were on the brink of a Brexit recession have been on saying how relieved they are at the latest figures showing 0.3% growth ...... no? .... imagine my surprise.

Also looking forward to the Leader of the Corbyn Fried Chicken party voting for what he promised later today ..

.... or maybe not, from #stopthecoup to #stoptheelection ... could they get any more absurd? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here