Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not much appetite for facists in the Shoreham area it seems.

Can't even spell it let alone understand the meaning of the word. :lolol:

Apparently, there were tens of thousands there (using the same counting method -lying- as the Waitrose March you went on) :p

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bugle correspondent Alice Fraser's take on Brexit:-

"Never has so much hot air lifted so few balloons".

:lolol: :clap: :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Apparently, there were tens of thousands there (using the same counting method -lying- as the Waitrose March you went on) :p

Oh well,we all needed a laugh before the match!

cant.png

spell.png

for.png

sh1t.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m glad there was no sizeable opposition to Farage’s visit. From what I saw it garnered the attention it deserved, very very little.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I’m glad there was no sizeable opposition to Farage’s visit. From what I saw it garnered the attention it deserved, very very little.

Farage has been and always will be irrelevant. He's the elite trying not to be elite, but going back to being elite...

...because he's a tosser.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Farage has been and always will be irrelevant. He's the elite trying not to be elite, but going back to being elite...

...because he's a tosser.

Quite. He’s a toff who has branded himself as an Everyman.
Were he a man of the people I would still not agree with his politics but I’d have some respect for him.
One only has to look at the facts to see through the rizla thin veneer.

Still intends to collect his EU pension.
Employs his foreign family (fine with me in principal but somewhat hypocritical coming from him)
Ex City boy.

Look at his earnings, “one of us”. Pffft

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...000-on-top-of-six-figure-mep-salary-zw7m6n6ff

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

So how many were present in Shoreham in support Farage? More than the 50 or so on the Brexit betrayal march?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People scoffing at Farage would do well to note that there is no single alternative to his new Brexit party - he commands all manner of simpletons like the pied piper and they will all vote for his party in the upcoming elections.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People scoffing at Farage would do well to note that there is no single alternative to his new Brexit party - he commands all manner of simpletons like the pied piper and they will all vote for his party in the upcoming elections.

And they're usually the ones to call everyone else the Sheep :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It’s a good point. I have no doubt that the party will be popular. As much as I loathe the man , many many people buy into his saviour of the people schtick.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Were he a man of the people I would still not agree with his politics but I’d have some respect for him.

Employs his foreign family (fine with me in principal but somewhat hypocritical coming from him)
Ex City boy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...000-on-top-of-six-figure-mep-salary-zw7m6n6ff

Admirer of Enoch Powell.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fascists in conversation. It is chilling.

[tweet]1118073544569708544[/tweet]

I used to think that was a harsh word for Farage but he is someone who is happy to hang out with Bannon - a guy that told a far-right crowd they should wear the label "racist" as a "badge of honor.

Of course its not just Farage, we can add the likes of Johnson and Mogg to the list, they are happy to hang out with him too.

You can understand why Lammy used the language he did in his interview with Marr. The Tory right in increasingly getting infiltrated by white supremacists, we also had Tory MEP's that recently supported the Hungarian far right in the European parliament. Meanwhile, swathes of the British right wing press just stand by and think its just normal behaviour.

I hope good people that voted for Farage in the past realise they were duped will think again and ask themselves, is he honestly the solution to our countries problems?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And they're usually the ones to call everyone else the Sheep [emoji38]ol:
And traitors, don't forget traitors. They promised something that can't be delivered without ripping up the GFA, which is apparently everybody else's fault - well, the fault of elected MPs, the EU and Ireland. Not them though, lord no.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to think that was a harsh word for Farage but he is someone who is happy to hang out with Bannon - a guy that told a far-right crowd they should wear the label "racist" as a "badge of honor.

Of course its not just Farage, we can add the likes of Johnson and Mogg to the list, they are happy to hang out with him too.

You can understand why Lammy used the language he did in his interview with Marr. The Tory right in increasingly getting infiltrated by white supremacists, we also had Tory MEP's that recently supported the Hungarian far right in the European parliament. Meanwhile, swathes of the British right wing press just stand by and think its just normal behaviour.

I hope good people that voted for Farage in the past realise they were duped will think again and ask themselves, is he honestly the solution to our countries problems?

I hope I’m wrong but I fear supporters of Farage probably ask themselves far too few questions. In fact I don’t think they ask much of themselves, full stop.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That is easy to answer. And I know Brexit is a very complex beast, but simply put, the politicians you refer to ask the people a binary question, the people answer and then those politicians ignore it because it was not the answer they were looking for.

This is undemocratic and the whole saga underlines why Referenda are dangerous and problematic unless one can be certain that the 'right' result will occur. Or at least, a result that leaves no room for doubt.

Wasn't a binding question, though.
Can't hold anyone to it.

I do agree that 'referenda' (nice word) are ****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Ex City boy.

Opposing the EU yet taking their money has been a lucrative and rewarding career for Nige, remember if the referendum had resulted in a remain vote, he pledged that " The Struggle " ie, his career would continue. He's just a shameless snake oil salesman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here