Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Luxembourg PM not mincing words, appears WELL pissed off with this farce in general and BJ in particular, and lack of UK proposals in writing.

Oh and he actually just used the words
'Wouldnt happen in Luxembourg' :lolol:

You beat me to that one! :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Luxembourg PM not mincing words, appears WELL pissed off with this farce in general and BJ in particular, and lack of UK proposals in writing.

Oh and he actually just used the words 'Wouldnt happen in Luxembourg' :lolol:

Boris no showed because of some booing

Hahahaha

What a strong leader

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Oh and he actually just used the words 'Wouldnt happen in Luxembourg' :lolol:

Giving himself the opportunity to have a bargaining position surely has to be better than May?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Boris no showed because of some booing

Hahahaha

What a strong leader

Lou-Ferrigno.png

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
It wasn't 'pedantic', I said it in one post. But you carry on.

You're trying to compare jumping through hoops to gain something we not already have but we have better. it was absolute pedantry on your part.

Work, settle, study & Visa free travel.

Can I or can I not jump on a flight to America without additional documentation to a passport and do all of the above? Yes or No.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're trying to compare jumping through hoops to gain something we not already haven't but we have better. it was absolute pedantry on your part.

Work, settle, study & Visa free travel.

Can I or can I not jump on a flight to America without additional documentation to a passport and do all of the above? Yes or No.

No you have to fill in a 1 minute form before landing in the USA, Canada, Australia, etc. Does that make your life harder? As for a borderless EU, utter bullshit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite simply because you can do all of that without being in the EU. I picked up on travel freely because it isn't correct. My passport ran out over the summer, I can't pop over to France without it.

You can't study in a European university freely outside of the EU. Nobody is referring to popping anywhere without a passport.

Btw the needing a passport proves that we have a veto because we don't have open borders unlike the countries that are in Schengen.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
No you have to fill in a 1 minute form before landing in the USA, Canada, Australia, etc. Does that make your life harder? As for a borderless EU, utter bullshit.

Don't forget your ESTA.

To work there? You are just referring to visiting.

Friend of mine married an American girl and he got a job with a software company out there. In order to stay, he had to apply for stuff, can't remember what, green card probably. As part of the conditions, he wasn't allowed to leave the USA for 2 years.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Having landed in LA last Saturday (look at me) you’re right, a 1 minute form followed by on landing a 2 hour wait in line to get through immigration [emoji35]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't forget your ESTA.

Friend of mine married an American girl and he got a job with a software company out there. In order to stay, he had to apply for stuff, can't remember what, green card probably. As part of the conditions, he wasn't allowed to leave the USA for 2 years.

Hopefully he will.

Like the dozens of people I have to speak to daily

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You can't study in a European university freely outside of the EU. Nobody is referring to popping anywhere without a passport.

Btw the needing a passport proves that we have a veto because we don't have open borders unlike the countries that are in Schengen.

But I can't go to Spain without a passport. What part of travel freely do you not get? I thought the EU would be like the UK, I travel freely to Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Not to Europe. Also, on another note, the EU is now going to cause paramilitary war on the island of Ireland again, which makes our agreement null and void. That is what they are happy to see.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

UK isnt in Shengen, so you will need your passport to access the Shengen area, but once in it, thats it.
I can travel all over the Shengen EU without a passport. Went to a bar in Furth Im Wald in Germany for a birthday party the other night..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here