Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
You can't hold people to account when they are simply laughing at you, sneering and mocking (or simply writing gibberish). You end up looking like John Alderton on 'Please Sir'. Incidentally, Peter Cleall who played Duffy is (or was) an Albion supporter. I saw him often at games in the 70s.

Still need a cuddle H?, I've got you marked as the biggest sore loser amongst all your remainer chums on here
regards
DY

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You can't hold people to account when they are simply laughing at you, sneering and mocking (or simply writing gibberish). You end up looking like John Alderton on 'Please Sir'. Incidentally, Peter Cleall who played Duffy is (or was) an Albion supporter. I saw him often at games in the 70s.

Haha! You gave me an unexpected laugh. Thank you!
I wear the mockery of such people as a badge of honour.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This forum does not reflect all remainers. There are thousands who actually respect the original vote, good on them.

People cannot respect a vote that Theresa May's own QC admitted in the High Court was corrupt.
Incidentally, where are all these thousands that you say respect it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow. So if Boris loses the vote tomorrow he will call a GE on Wednesday. But with Brexit not delivered, he will lose seats to the Farrage party....interesting times....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People cannot respect a vote that Theresa May's own QC admitted in the High Court was corrupt.

To be fair, I have heard folk interviewed on radio 5 who say they voted remain but are now bored of it all, and think we should do what the referendum says - leave with no deal.

Now, I don't call that 'respecting' the referendum. I call it apathetic stupidity.

There are plenty of remain MPs who now support the will of the people. Dominic Grieve voted three times for May's Brexit deals. However he is now branded as a remainer traitor for opposing Boris' hard brexit strategy.

Let's face it, there are many words to describe the referendum and events that have followed. 'Respect' is not a word that springs to mind, either because it is appropriate, necessary or relevant.

It was a cock-eyed referendum, one that I opposed for it's stupidity. Why I should 'respect' it now is beyond me.

Jesus H Christ, I'll have PPT* quoting rule of law at me next. A Nazi-admiring geriatric former football hooligan. Talk about breathtaking hypocrisy.

*I tried to type PPC but NSC autocorrect kicked in. Anyway, he's on ignore so what do I care.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow. So if Boris loses the vote tomorrow he will call a GE on Wednesday. But with Brexit not delivered, he will lose seats to the Farrage party....interesting times....

The conundrum is when to call the election for..... Boris is desperate to get Brexit done before a GE thus he hopes to hoover up the redundant yet grateful Brexit Party votes. If the GE is post Brexit and it looks like a calamity with lorries full of rotting food both sides of the Channel and shortages in the shops he's going to get a kicking. If Brexit defies the disaster that is anticipated by the City, Business, overseas investors and about 60% of the population he then hopes to ride back in to Downing street as a hero..... a hero who will then have to reverse ferret on all the £billions he hasn't got that he promised he would spaff on putting right what The Tory cuts have done to the country for the last 10 years !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the calculation would be that with as much done as possible to deliver Brexit, much of the leaver vote would not go to Farrage party. i doubt FP will win any seats as things stand.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I see the fairy and his cronies like this:
1642.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He wouldn't lose seats to them. The Tories will only field hard BREXIT candidates. But Farage will have a say in a non aggression pact despite winning no places in parliament.

This country is now run by a minority of right wing zealots.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Can you point me to where it said we would stay **** me Mikey this is getting desperate
LEAVE MEANS LEAVE , i'll ask again what is it about the word LEAVE that you're struggling with
regards
DQ
But you keep saying leave means leave and you keep relying in the referendum for instruction in the name of democracy.

So, can you tell me where it says we will leave the EU if vote leave won the referendum?

If you can't answer this simple question then unfortunately you can't claim remaining in thr EU will be a betrayal , or other words to that effect.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

I believe there are two types of remainer. We have the ones who respect and accept the original vote, and just want to move on, then we have the bollox to brexit crew who have become so involved, it has started to take over their life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
the calculation would be that with as much done as possible to deliver Brexit, much of the leaver vote would not go to Farrage party. i doubt FP will win any seats as things stand.

Just listening to FP spokesman now. He says that if Boris promises hard brexit and deselects any tory candidates who don't agree, FP will stand down in tory winning constituencies, and focus their attention on labour seats. But if Boris goes for some sort of Brexit deal, the FP will stand against tories. The FP will therefore almost certainly go into battle - Farrage will want another tilt at becomg an MP.

Something tells me, however, that Boris will either win the vote tomorrow, or use knavish tricks to delay the GE till after Oct 31 (whence the FP becomes redundant).

Have a read of the third book of the Rotherweird trilogy (published a few weeks ago). Talk about life imitating art!

(just in case....I have no intention of putting you on ignore....I don't agree with you on Brexit but you are no Prancing Ninny or PP666 :thumbsup:)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Johnson's latest bluster-fest contained the usual cocktail of lies, half-truths and outright stupidity. The one that is most laughable was the assertion that somehow we are making progress with negotiations. Merkle gave him 30 days of which 10 have elapsed with no action form our side at all. He has previous said that he'll double the number of negotiations - I'm no mathematician but 2 x 0 = 0.

Behind the big fat bluster is a big fat zero.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johnson's latest bluster-fest contained the usual cocktail of lies, half-truths and outright stupidity. The one that is most laughable was the assertion that somehow we are making progress with negotiations. Merkle gave him 30 days of which 10 have elapsed with no action form our side at all. He has previous said that he'll double the number of negotiations - I'm no mathematician but 2 x 0 = 0.

Behind the big fat bluster is a big fat zero.

I disagree.

Boris is LOVING this.

Remember, this is a bloke who has taken great delight in being married and getting away with shagging as many Roedean types as he can get his fat hands on.

Don't underestimte this man. He has no shame and no boundaries.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I disagree.

Boris is LOVING this.

Remember, this is a bloke who has taken great delight in being married and getting away with shagging as many Roedean types as he can get his fat hands on.

Don't underestimte this man. He has no shame and no boundaries.

The 0 was a calibration of his vision, principles and ideas beyond the self serving. A quantification of his opportunism and narcissism would be off the scale.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
edit wrong thread

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But you keep saying leave means leave and you keep relying in the referendum for instruction in the name of democracy.

So, can you tell me where it says we will leave the EU if vote leave won the referendum?

If you can't answer this simple question then unfortunately you can't claim remaining in the EU will be a betrayal , or other words to that effect.

Why, in your opinion, did Parliament (on all sides) agree to adhere to the result by about 6 : 1?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here