Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some of the mods are showing their Nazi sympathising ways and censoring any comments against racists.

Of course it could be you being a prick and accusing mods of being what they are not !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
leave or remain ................tell me who won ?
regards
DR
Pretty much everyone lost ! The Kremlin won, I suppose. Rees-Mogg and his cronies won. 55 Tufton Street won. But mostly everyone lost.

Avoid a *no deal / no meal* brexit and it'll be way easier on all of us losers, though.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well I think if you complain about a blantly offensive and racist poster who posts Nazi slogans constantly and the mods who respond go nah thats ok, then it is pretty clear its those mods and not me.

Plooks if I said I admired the German efficiency and work ethic leading up to and during the war years, Rommels obvious ability, The engineering and inventability, particularly rocketry would I be a Nazi?

D

Deleted member 22389

Plooks if I said I admired the German efficiency and work ethic leading up to and during the war years, Rommels obvious ability, The engineering and inventability, particularly rocketry would I be a Nazi?

I'm interested in the Engineering side of things along with thousands of others, it certainly doesn't make anyone a Nazi.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That's wrong. No one voted for an outright, clean cut leave. How we left was not on the voting slip. I see why you keep asking what was on the slip.

The question asked was remain or leave, not Leave but only if there is a deal first. A no deal is an outcome that exactly matches the votes result, to leave, and leaving with a deal in place (which the contents could never be predicted before the vote) exactly matches the referendum outcome too, to leave. How we leave shouldn't matter, just the amount of notice given to those who will be affected by it matters, the sooner the way we leave is set in stone, the better for business (with a deal or with a no deal, it doesn't matter along as there is plenty of notice for them to plan and prepare)

This dragging of the process of leaving, the delays and the battles to try to stop a no deal Brexit is causing the uncertainty for business, not the outcome of the vote itself. Business needs certainty to help it plan for the future, and when there is uncertainty, they tend to no longer invest in research and development to the same sort of levels as before but cut back instead. Businesses needs an idea of when to plan for our exit, it means they can put contingency plans in place to help secure supplies it will need during the transition period once we leave. Businesses need to know who we will leave and how future recruitment will need to be conducted if recruiting abroad

If they have no idea if we leave, when we leave, and what rules and agreements will be in place which will directly affect how they operate, how can they plan

All this fighting over trying to stop the process is damaging business, its impacting the economy and things like the scaremongering over the need for stockpiling because of this uncertainty is never going to be good for our economy or businesses based here.

Businesses have a history of being able to adapt, but the failures and sabotaging by politicians and alike are making it harder for them, they need a time scale to plan and work to and all of these delaying tactics and fighting against the votes outcome are doing is making it harder for them and making it more likely that the economy will be adversely effected than if we had announced several months ago that we leave with a no deal. Those fighting it, think they are making the situation better by preventing it, are in fact just making things worse (including causing more damage to the economy)

D

Deleted member 2719

The question asked was remain or leave, not Leave but only if there is a deal first. A no deal is an outcome that exactly matches the votes result, to leave, and leaving with a deal in place (which the contents could never be predicted before the vote) exactly matches the referendum outcome too, to leave. How we leave shouldn't matter, just the amount of notice given to those who will be affected by it matters, the sooner the way we leave is set in stone, the better for business (with a deal or with a no deal, it doesn't matter along as there is plenty of notice for them to plan and prepare)

This dragging of the process of leaving, the delays and the battles to try to stop a no deal Brexit is causing the uncertainty for business, not the outcome of the vote itself. Business needs certainty to help it plan for the future, and when there is uncertainty, they tend to no longer invest in research and development to the same sort of levels as before but cut back instead. Businesses needs an idea of when to plan for our exit, it means they can put contingency plans in place to help secure supplies it will need during the transition period once we leave. Businesses need to know who we will leave and how future recruitment will need to be conducted if recruiting abroad

If they have no idea if we leave, when we leave, and what rules and agreements will be in place which will directly affect how they operate, how can they plan

All this fighting over trying to stop the process is damaging business, its impacting the economy and things like the scaremongering over the need for stockpiling because of this uncertainty is never going to be good for our economy or businesses based here.

Businesses have a history of being able to adapt, but the failures and sabotaging by politicians and alike are making it harder for them, they need a time scale to plan and work to and all of these delaying tactics and fighting against the votes outcome are doing is making it harder for them and making it more likely that the economy will be adversely effected than if we had announced several months ago that we leave with a no deal. Those fighting it, think they are making the situation better by preventing it, are in fact just making things worse (including causing more damage to the economy)

Dead right.

I think your being polite and what you really want to say is 'leave means leave' and it's time you let it go and got on with your lifes you sad ba£tards.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
After yet ANOTHER interview with Grievious.

A statement from the BBC read: “The BBC continues to report Brexit impartially and features a wide range of different perspectives across our news coverage.

“Our journalists report independently and without fear or favour. It is one of the reasons why the public trusts the BBC more than any other source of news.”

Well that is just ludicrous!

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The question asked was remain or leave, not Leave but only if there is a deal first. A no deal is an outcome that exactly matches the votes result, to leave, and leaving with a deal in place (which the contents could never be predicted before the vote) exactly matches the referendum outcome too, to leave.

And this is what I am saying. Leaving with a deal is leaving, leaving with no deal is leaving.

But now suddenly changing the vote to be leave with no deal and saying anything else goes against the referendum is a ludicrous statement. But here we are and that's what is being said.

I know for a fact that not everyone who voted leave voted for a no deal exit. It is like Theresa May saying that the referendum vote showed that people wanted immigration to be curbed. How can you deduce that from an in out vote on the EU membership. Mention of immigration has now gone quiet. Why? Because visa quotas will be Part of future trade agreements. Suddenly immigration was not an issue for leave voters, they knew all along that this would be the case. Now it's the vocal minority saying that no deal is what the vote was for.

The point that has been made over and over is that not all Brexiteers want the same kind of exit. Claiming that they all do is complete poppycock

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And this is what I am saying. Leaving with a deal is leaving, leaving with no deal is leaving.

But now suddenly changing the vote to be leave with no deal and saying anything else goes against the referendum is a ludicrous statement. But here we are and that's what is being said.

I know for a fact that not everyone who voted leave voted for a no deal exit. It is like Theresa May saying that the referendum vote showed that people wanted immigration to be curbed. How can you deduce that from an in out vote on the EU membership. Mention of immigration has now gone quiet. Why? Because visa quotas will be Part of future trade agreements. Suddenly immigration was not an issue for leave voters, they knew all along that this would be the case. Now it's the vocal minority saying that no deal is what the vote was for.

The point that has been made over and over is that not all Brexiteers want the same kind of exit. Claiming that they all do is complete poppycock

Must admit I didn't vote for a no deal brexit. I believed it would be a mutual agreement but that was ruined by 620 MPs. Now it's a keystone cop situation. If a No Deal is the outcome parliament as a whole is to blame

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Gaudete, gaudete, Christus est natus
Ex Maria virgine, gaudete

Tempus adest gratiae, hoc quod optabamus
Carmina laetitiae devote redamus

Deus homo factus est natura mirante
Mundus renovatus est a Christo regnante

Ezechielis porta clausa per transitur
Unde lux est orta salus invenitur

Ergo nostra cantio psallat iam in lustro
Benedicat domino salus regi nostro

And breath... that's better... please carry on :smile:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No Deal does not give any certainty though, as it is not a sustainable position.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dead right.

I think your being polite and what you really want to say is 'leave means leave' and it's time you let it go and got on with your lifes you sad ba£tards.

If you are happy to leave without a deal then you are a total mug, thick as mince.
The front benchers under Johnson, who not long ago said no deal will be a catastrophe but are now saying it can be done because Johnson has told them to say it is the stuff of comedy legends, all like bloody sheep just to keep their job.
I mean Boris Johnson, come on man, get a grip of yourself, if you saw ITV news tonight reporting from businesses, and the so called chancellor, even someone of your type would know deep down we can't leave without a deal, and probably not at all
It's all just stubbornness and pure ignorance by you and your sort.
I can only think that you must sleep on straw.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Must admit I didn't vote for a no deal brexit. I believed it would be a mutual agreement but that was ruined by 620 MPs. Now it's a keystone cop situation. If a No Deal is the outcome parliament as a whole is to blame

Sorry but that is utter crap. If people did not understand the consequences of their action that is their own fault for expressing an opinion on an issue whilst being ignorant of the facts. The only people to blame for Brexit of any kind are those who voted for it even, if like you, they actually didn’t understand it.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Sorry but that is utter crap. If people did not understand the consequences of their action that is their own fault for expressing an opinion on an issue whilst being ignorant of the facts. The only people to blame for Brexit of any kind are those who voted for it even, if like you, they actually didn’t understand it.

I think that is a bit harsh. The referendum was so vague, and it seems there were lots of lies, that no-one really had a clear idea of what they were voting for. The politicians couldn't explain exactly what Brexit would look like since, even now, they cannot agree. Stating that you voted with a different idea of what it would look like is refreshingly honest. It's far smarter than blindly saying "leave means leave" when they don't know what leave means even now.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you are happy to leave without a deal then you are a total mug, thick as mince.
The front benchers under Johnson, who not long ago said no deal will be a catastrophe but are now saying it can be done because Johnson has told them to say it is the stuff of comedy legends, all like bloody sheep just to keep their job.
I mean Boris Johnson, come on man, get a grip of yourself, if you saw ITV news tonight reporting from businesses, and the so called chancellor, even someone of your type would know deep down we can't leave without a deal, and probably not at all
It's all just stubbornness and pure ignorance by you and your sort.
I can only think that you must sleep on straw.

Just a touch patronising.

Anyone supporting Labour and their constant sitting on the fence really should not be spouting about MPs changing their stance.

As for 'which party shall I join Chucka' he is just the bedwetting queen of the lot.

I have seen constant remoaners post up on Facebook all the time for the past 3 years, wasting energy, causing arguments and spreading hate.

The remoaners need to LET IT GO have some FAITH and go with the majority as that what was clearly voted for.

If for any reason this doesn't go through there will be a bigger backlash and it will be a vortex forevermore, and all caused because some will not accept a DEMOCRATIC VOTE and whipped up equally a few MP trying to win the next election.

The EU has also done feck all to help and I hope they pay that price heavily when we leave with NO deal.

Boris is doing a great job in attacking the situation and putting it to bed if you are a fence-sitter type go and hide under your duvet for 6 months as the current British snowflake, needs to toughen up.

Ps Come on the ALBION.:albion2::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here