Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If he really wanted to help the victims of Brexit he'd start the process to join the EEA.

I see no evidence he wants to help.

He said f**k business, global pandemic or not, he did his duty to the nation

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
ab5993d89170c7731b5022327d31d2a9.jpg

Angela love....I think you’ve got another yeast infection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If he really wanted to help the victims of Brexit he'd start the process to join the EEA.

I see no evidence he wants to help.

It's a nice idea, however, the price of some species is far outside the price range of an average family plus, as a nation, we are far more comfortable with something that comes already filleted, boned and coated in breadcrumbs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The German press is more positive about the UK in one article than the 5th column collectives thousands of posts ... *shock*

I see they are also regurgitating the no one ever posts any positive Brexit news fib ...

A third of construction companies expect to provide more jobs for British workers

CITB’s annual Migration Survey showed while there are challenges ahead for the sector which is set to grow by a quarter of million workers in the next four years, British construction is a robust industry which is well provide more opportunities for British workers, as the number of migrant workers falls.

Among the findings were that 41% of employers will look to increase the skills of British workers, almost a third (30%) will provide more permanent jobs for Brits, a quarter (24%) will increase minimum salaries, and 16% will look to take on more local apprentices. While employers reported a fall in the number of migrant employees, there was a rise in the number of self-employed migrants working for the industry.

https://www.fenews.co.uk/press-relea...it-bounce-back

No idea why they hate this country so much ... relishing negativity and ignoring anything that doesn't fit their rather sad world view.

Since you seem so desperate for someone to acknowledge your 'Brexit good news', let's have a look at one of the stories you tried to link to.

While employers reported a fall in the number of migrant employees, there was a rise in the number of self-employed migrants working for the industry.

While only 16% of companies expect that issues with migrant workers not remaining in the UK will impact their firm, almost three-quarters (72%) expect it to impact on the sector, with a quarter (27%) anticipating a serious impact.

https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/hr-skills-news/construction-jobs-rise/88460/#:~:text=Among%20the%20findings%2C%2041%25%20of,take%20on%20more%20local%20apprentices.

Steve Radley, Director of Strategy and Policy at CITB, said: “Construction faces a number of challenges over the next few years, among them declining numbers of migrant workers, as Covid has seen more workers leave the country and with a new tighter migration system. "It’s also critical that employers understand the new points-based system and have confidence it will respond quickly where there are pressures on key skills."

One concerning trend was the lack of understanding among companies of how post-Brexit settlement empowers them to retain staff, with less than one in ten (9%) saying they understood it well. Better attitude and work ethic was given as the chief reason for why migrant workers are employed (56% of companies), followed by a lack of skilled workers locally (45%) and increased productivity (32%). Around a quarter (23%) said migrant workers are better qualified than their British counterparts, while only 6% claimed lower cost was a factor.

https://www.fenews.co.uk/press-releases/79-sp-821/62662-jobs-boost-for-brits-in-construction-sector-brexit-bounce-back

With working links. It appears the construction industry isn't quite as happy about Brexit as you claim with the vast majority believing it will impact the sector. Maybe you should read articles before posting them :dunce:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Since you seem so desperate for someone to acknowledge your 'Brexit good news', let's have a look at one of the stories you tried to link to.

While employers reported a fall in the number of migrant employees, there was a rise in the number of self-employed migrants working for the industry.

While only 16% of companies expect that issues with migrant workers not remaining in the UK will impact their firm, almost three-quarters (72%) expect it to impact on the sector, with a quarter (27%) anticipating a serious impact.

https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/hr-skills-news/construction-jobs-rise/88460/#:~:text=Among%20the%20findings%2C%2041%25%20of,take%20on%20more%20local%20apprentices.

Steve Radley, Director of Strategy and Policy at CITB, said: “Construction faces a number of challenges over the next few years, among them declining numbers of migrant workers, as Covid has seen more workers leave the country and with a new tighter migration system. "It’s also critical that employers understand the new points-based system and have confidence it will respond quickly where there are pressures on key skills."

One concerning trend was the lack of understanding among companies of how post-Brexit settlement empowers them to retain staff, with less than one in ten (9%) saying they understood it well. Better attitude and work ethic was given as the chief reason for why migrant workers are employed (56% of companies), followed by a lack of skilled workers locally (45%) and increased productivity (32%). Around a quarter (23%) said migrant workers are better qualified than their British counterparts, while only 6% claimed lower cost was a factor.

https://www.fenews.co.uk/press-releases/79-sp-821/62662-jobs-boost-for-brits-in-construction-sector-brexit-bounce-back

With working links. It appears the construction industry isn't quite as happy about Brexit as you claim with the vast majority believing it will impact the sector. Maybe you should read articles before posting them :dunce:
Jesus you are dense, I didn't claim the construction industry was 'happy with Brexit', I was highlighting the bit where construction companies will be employing more British citizens and investing in more training for UK people and paying them more now the never ending supply of cheap labour from the EU has been stopped .... good news [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Jesus you are dense, I didn't claim the construction industry was 'happy with Brexit', I was highlighting the bit where construction companies will be employing more British citizens and investing in more training for UK people and paying them more now the never ending supply of cheap labour from the EU has been stopped .... good news [emoji106]

I guess that reading, like thinking, isn't something you excel at. I'm beginning to see how you managed to end up voting for a border in the Irish Sea :dunce:

:bigwave:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

wouldn't it be great if things actually worked like that? How many 16 year olds say they want to be a plumber or a hod carrier? Unless you pay them top dollar, good luck with that

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Oh my, it's oh so predictable, who remembers the Brexit march from Sunderland to Westminster?

[tweet]1364611689438728194[/tweet]

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
wouldn't it be great if things actually worked like that? How many 16 year olds say they want to be a plumber or a hod carrier? Unless you pay them top dollar, good luck with that

Plenty in my family have gone on the tools, made bundles of lolly and no student debt hanging round their necks, apprenticeships are the way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here