Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
MP's weren't instructed to do anything. They were elected on the basis of manifesto commitments. The two main parties said they would respect and enact the referendum result if elected and received over 80% vote share. One of those parties has betrayed that promise (the one you support, the institutionally antisemitic* one). Parliament as a whole overwhelmingly voted to trigger article 50 which clearly sets out the consequences of not coming to an agreement ... we leave.

* As defined by the Jewish Labour Movement.

Let's not forget that the Conservatives are institutionally islamophobic

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am very specific about the No 1 promise I want to be upheld. To enact the result of the referendum which all remainers believed in before the result was to leave. It is for the government and parliament to decide how we leave, we all have our preferences, but leave we must.

You only accept a majority view when it suits you as you are fine with the EU ignoring the overwhelming majority in the HoC who have rejected the deal that the EU insists is the only option. Johnson, Gove Mogg etc insist the deal must change which represents the view of the HoC. If we can't agree a deal the legal default position is to leave without one. As it says in the government manifesto ... no deal is better than a bad deal.

Putting aside your statements from back in the early days of this thread, which were along the lines of a Norway type deal being a remainers brexit, or why should the losers decide how we do it etc.

No, that is a false premise.
The EU is saying that the withdrawal agreement is the only withdrawal agreement it can agree to that respects the UK's "red lines", and it's Single Market and Customs Union rules (the ones we helped create as members). The PM that decided those red lines for us is gone, Johnson is free to negotiate a different deal, if he has different red lines, if he isn't changing any of Mays red lines, then obviously there is not anything to negotiate, the situation is the same.

I absolutely accept that there is no majority for the withdrawal agreement, what I do not accept is that this means no deal is the way forward, there is no majority in the HoC for No Deal either
The EU does not have to accept what UK parliament has a majority for, anymore than we have to accept that because the EU 27 have unanimously agreed to the withdrawal agreement, we should do the deal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When did that emergency budget take place which George Osborne and his predecessor Alistair Darling said would be needed to slash public services and raise taxes?

It was deemed that to do so would, wait for it, push us into a recession, so only a Billion quid was reassigned initially, up to £9 Billion this year on Brexit related capital expenditure though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
MP's weren't instructed to do anything. They were elected on the basis of manifesto commitments. The two main parties said they would respect and enact the referendum result if elected and received over 80% vote share. One of those parties has betrayed that promise (the one you support, the institutionally antisemitic* one). Parliament as a whole overwhelmingly voted to trigger article 50 which clearly sets out the consequences of not coming to an agreement ... we leave.

* As defined by the Jewish Labour Movement.

A50 clearly sets out that extensions are possible by agreement too.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Looks like the new Chancellor is lining up for a tax give-away. Another sign of a quick election? Made me chuckle when he described himself as a 'low tax guy'. Presumably this relates to personal propensity for avoiding paying them?

This is a bunch of opportunists, cowboys and wide-boys masquerading as a government.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Looks like the new Chancellor is lining up for a tax give-away. Another sign of a quick election? Made me chuckle when he described himself as a 'low tax guy'. Presumably this relates to personal propensity for avoiding paying them?

This is a bunch of opportunists, cowboys and wide-boys masquerading as a government.

This will be great for all those old Gammons that voted leave for their Grandkids futures. On top of losing them some freedoms, to make Brexit more palatable, we will be ramping up debt to be paid back by them over the whole of their working lives. I am really pissed off about this aspect, no magic money tree, unless we need one to make it look like there is more money around after Brexit, absolute *****.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This will be great for all those old Gammons that voted leave for their Grandkids futures. On top of losing them some freedoms, to make Brexit more palatable, we will be ramping up debt to be paid back by them over the whole of their working lives. I am really pissed off about this aspect, no magic money tree, unless we need one to make it look like there is more money around after Brexit, absolute *****.

Sorry to say that it is to be expected from a Cabinet full of dangerous congenital liars and hypocrites.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And if you want to be pedantic about it, between conservatives and UKIP, they only received 44.2% share of the voted.

The rest was made of labour who's manifesto ruled out no deal and the other parties whom were all remain.

If you want to rely on 2017 voting share, it's another win against no deal. There is absolutley no mandate no matter what figures you try to use.

Obviously the above, not withstanding the fact that Tory promised "an orderly" brexit. Is no deal orderly. I'd say very little would agree no deal is orderly. It will be unprecedented chaos.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

He wants only to be pedantic, until its been pointed out repeatedly, then he becomes offensive. Would never ever admit he's wrong about anything. That's why I have the prancing ninny on ignore.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pot kettle black , dear oh dear you're such a bitter person

Why is that a pot calling the kettle black? I have never said polls are accurate.

How am I being bitter? Where is the bitterness in that post? There isn't any, but you thought you had to reply anyway just to say something, anything.
It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, but have to have the last word.

:lolol: :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Why is that a pot calling the kettle black? I have never said polls are accurate.

How am I being bitter? Where is the bitterness in that post? There isn't any, but you thought you had to reply anyway just to say something, anything.

Oh dear on the back foot again ,I'll stick to my opinions of you being a Very bitter undemocratic person ,spitting feathers because of the referendum result, I'm sorry you and the others on here have struggled to come to terms with the decision but hey ho we can't all have it our own way in life, nothings changed LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There isn't any, but you thought you had to reply anyway just to say something, anything.

Oh dear on the back foot again ,I'll stick to my opinions of you being a Very bitter undemocratic person ,spitting feathers because of the referendum result, I'm sorry you and the others on here have struggled to come to terms with the decision but hey ho we can't all have it our own way in life, nothings changed LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

You see, you just can't help yourself.

:lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here