Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting analysis by Portillo, but I've read the same elsewhere.

1) Boris will win and become PM

2) He will go back to EU and offer them what the EU wanted in the first place. A backstop that applies to Northern Ireland only, effectively leaving them in the EU.

3) He would normally struggle to get the numbers in Parliament (DUP won't agree), but will force it over the line via calling a referendum of the people of Northern Ireland you will agree.

4) Having blown up the small Tory majority, he will then have to call a general election........

There are several tweets going round & verified of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel telling ambassadors he believes in Freedom of Movement.
It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't flip flop completely & try to charm the nation into accepting his 'deal'.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
There are several tweets going round & verified of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel telling ambassadors he believes in Freedom of Movement.
It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't flip flop completely & try to charm the nation into accepting his 'deal'.

This is the same Boris who wrote 2 open letters; one for remain and one for leave. He has previous.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Boris’ mind is now firmly on winning the next general election now that he has all but won the Tory party one.

He could go any way (including remain) if that would keep him in power. Brexiteers have proved they can rally about 30% of the electorate, Boris may have eyes on the other 70%.

Jan 30, 2008
I agree. We should all make the most of what we have now before October 31st (should anything change).

With any luck you will be able to spend more time on here because you will not need to leave your house to collect your giro.

Priceless, that comment alone deserves a cap , well done a great start to the day:dunce:
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Frankly, its hard to know what he represents. Do we really want a PM that is endorsed that racist on the other side of the pond?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I doubt if anyone with a functioning brain will be laughing Dats Reiht
It is the beginning of a long process, not the end of a football match.

Really is best to ignore him, never posts anything sensible and craves the attention of a 2 year old.....

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why is it hilarious? It is magnificent belief in the UK regardless of the political turmoil. Does that make you 'laugh'? Happy laugh or sardonic?

It's hilarious in the same way you think it's funny that despite the UK construction sector contracting (and people losing jobs as a result), because of Brexit uncertainty, you say the UK gained more inward than Germany and France, i.e. It's not remotely ****ing funny or hilarious at all. Hope that helps clear things up :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Nor me. He said he wanted a deal and FoM would be acceptable to the EU and would probably get the support of the House. The ERG would be up in arms but he wouldn't need them. Everyone says "Good old Boris", he calls an election and romps home. Spiffing time everyone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nor me. He said he wanted a deal and FoM would be acceptable to the EU and would probably get the support of the House. The ERG would be up in arms but he wouldn't need them. Everyone says "Good old Boris", he calls an election and romps home. Spiffing time everyone

In a nutshell.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I recall in the immediate aftermath of the the referendum when looking rather shell shocked he first spoke and said that young people shouldn't worry as they'll still be able to go and live and work in The EU in the future after we've left, until an aide later clarified he was tired and emotional etc.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Really is best to ignore him, never posts anything sensible and craves the attention of a 2 year old.....

...or challenge him robustly and tear his infantile beliefs to bits for the sake of suggestible readers who come onto this thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Friday's Brexit manufacturing news. Just thought I would post two today, otherwise I could be here all day. See you next week.

Sheffield manufacturer lands Rolls-Royce contract

http://www.machinery-market.co.uk/news/24087/Sheffield-manufacturer-lands-Rolls-Royce-contract

Ferrari selects YASA electric motor for SF90 Stradale

https://www.yasa.com/news/ferrari-selects-yasa-for-sf90-stradale/

A few luxury cars being produced for the mega-rich. Meh.

Edit: my mistake, Rolls Royce is for aircraft. Fair enough.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
...or challenge him robustly and tear his infantile beliefs to bits for the sake of suggestible readers who come onto this thread.

I'd never put anyone on ignore unless they were abusive, but some on here its just constant trolling with nothing to say.

What did Mark Twain once say "'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here