Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Project Fear:

100s of thousands of jobs lost - tick, continuing apace.
Return of the Troubles - tick, still getting off the ground.
Academia and research crash - tick.
Another nail in the coffin for British industry - tick, car firms off in droves, BS collapsing into administration, etc.
Loss of household income - tick, around 4% last I saw.
An incredibly difficult prospect for UK government to deliver - tick, main parties in freefall.
Break-up of the union - tick, possibility on the cards now more than ever.
Unicorn trade agreements not likely, and US will force us into a secondary status "partnership"- tick, US looks a shit partner for various reasons and has said so, no one else queueing up for trade.
Racism and xenophobia will rise - tick, on the rise.
Sterling fall - tick.
And so on...
AND IT HASN'T STARTED YET.
Of course, Leavers never lied, apart from when they lied, since they never offered anything to begin with, still don't...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clown means clown

170606-BoJo-the-clown-Boris-Johnson.jpg

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Andrea Jenkyns MP (on Politics Live yesterday)

So which countries currently trade with the rest of the world on WTO trade terms only?

Jenkyn's: i'd have to look into that...

& there you have it. Brexiteer loons like Jenkyns even now don't understand anything about what they are proposing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Andrea Jenkyns MP (on Politics Live yesterday)

So which countries currently trade with the rest of the world on WTO trade terms only?

Jenkyn's: i'd have to look into that...

& there you have it. Brexiteer loons like Jenkyns even now don't understand anything about what they are proposing.

She drinks down the pub with Nadine Dories

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why are you addressing this question to me Westdene Seagull? I have not called you either of those names....
You on the other hand have bandied around crude words both directly at me and also about me to other people who have posted on this thread. I think the latter behaviour is particularly low....
When challenged about your reasons, you have little to say....
Perhaps you can explain yourself to me now, preferably without bad language if you can........

Where have I suggested you have called me either of those names ? The question has clearly gone over your head. So you supported a post suggesting a new Brexit thread but without the insults and bans for anyone who did go down that route. I was just asking if you would support the ban even if the insults come from the remain posters ( I used the two words I posted because one of your cohorts is rather keen on using them ). Not sure how difficult a question that really was ?

As to your other point, it's because your posts rarely make a point or arguement against something someone else has posted. Instead your posts have an air of arrogance and come across as condescending. A parent speaking to their four year old child if you like. Maybe you could post without thinking you're somehow intellectually superior ?

It's strange because I've yet to see any redeeming characteristics in the few posts you've made elsewhere on the board. As an example, on this thread I'm not keen of [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] 's posts but on other threads he comes across as a decent likeable chap. Maybe you could prove me wrong with you ?

There you go ..... no bad language.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Where have I suggested you have called me either of those names ? The question has clearly gone over your head. So you supported a post suggesting a new Brexit thread but without the insults and bans for anyone who did go down that route. I was just asking if you would support the ban even if the insults come from the remain posters ( I used the two words I posted because one of your cohorts is rather keen on using them ). Not sure how difficult a question that really was ?

As to your other point, it's because your posts rarely make a point or arguement against something someone else has posted. Instead your posts have an air of arrogance and come across as condescending. A parent speaking to their four year old child if you like. Maybe you could post without thinking you're somehow intellectually superior ?

There you go ..... no bad language.

Rather typically patronising Westdene. I haven't a clue what you mean by 'The question has clearly gone to your head'. Please explain.

Your individual words are not crude - unlike your recent outpourings, but the tone is.

If you wish to engage in a reasonable debate about the pros and cons of Brexit then just let me know. Today might not be bad day to do that.

If you wish to suggest that I am talking down to you or I am some kind of intellectual snob - that isn't very helpful. Nor are comparisons you make between me and other people whose comments you don't like.....

Thank you for avoiding using bad language.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We all know Farage, but here is a piece on who else might get a nice pay packet, as well as some influence in the EU, if they bother to turn up.
https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this...6uSYVIL9Myn7N3h6pb6POBncSZGFu5ojGAIl9uZZaFYWE

The alternative for leave supporters if this lot seem a bit too much is UKIP, which Farage has moved on from as they have become too racist for his more subtle racism. What a lovely choice you have.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Project Fear:

100s of thousands of jobs lost - tick, continuing apace.
Return of the Troubles - tick, still getting off the ground.
Academia and research crash - tick.
Another nail in the coffin for British industry - tick, car firms off in droves, BS collapsing into administration, etc.
Loss of household income - tick, around 4% last I saw.
An incredibly difficult prospect for UK government to deliver - tick, main parties in freefall.
Break-up of the union - tick, possibility on the cards now more than ever.
Unicorn trade agreements not likely, and US will force us into a secondary status "partnership"- tick, US looks a shit partner for various reasons and has said so, no one else queueing up for trade.
Racism and xenophobia will rise - tick, on the rise.
Sterling fall - tick.
And so on...
AND IT HASN'T STARTED YET.
Of course, Leavers never lied, apart from when they lied, since they never offered anything to begin with, still don't...

+ Reduced to a laughing stock. (We used to be 'the sick man of Europe', we'll now be the 'sick man out of Europe').

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Juncker stating today that they expect another extension to be be requested/given in October.

We are never leaving the EU - the idea that a mandate given in 2016 should still be valid in 2019-2020 is laughable.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Juncker stating today that they expect another extension to be be requested/given in October.

We are never leaving the EU - the idea that a mandate given in 2016 should still be valid in 2019-2020 is laughable.

If the EU have a deadline, it's most likely to be the end of next year as the next EU accounting period runs from 2021 to 2027, making it a whole lot more straightforward if the UK has already gone by then. But to get to 3-4 years after the referendum the mandate starts to look questionable, it would be around the time (pre-Fixed Term Parliaments Act, which is awful legislation in itself) that most Governments would be triggering an election for a renewed mandate.

Jan 30, 2008

I'm pissing myself reading this , well done comedy genius
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here