Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is no gagging orders on them, the ones that feel they were bullied have made their allegations. Strange that they only really started to come out as the Brexiteers got frustrated that be wasn't dealing with Brexit even-handedly.

It's quite clear that he is a bit of a Tory-boy with an abrupt way of speaking, but as for his male former private secretary saying he felt physically threatened...Bercow is 5'5", Angus Sinclair spent 30 years in the Royal Navy! :lolol:

Hmmmm ......

"Scrutiny of such agreements has heightened since Angus Sinclair, a former private secretary to the Speaker John Bercow, told the BBC he was given “compulsory early retirement”, with an £86,250 pay-off dependent on him signing a non-disclosure agreement barring him from making complaints about his treatment in the House"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-agreements-parliament-bullying-a8410956.html

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, no - something I read a couple of months or so back. Sadly I haven't got the link in my browse history.

Yeah I remember this. The ECJ said something about ensuring that revocation was subject to democratic process (or something), in order to avoid the specific example above (i.e. using it as a delaying tool).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh, please.

Brexidiot "Look, a new Spar has opened in Cleethorpes, creating 6 new part-time jobs"

Everybody "Terrific. That offsets the Nissan and Honda debacles, nicely"

JCFG "Ha ha. Toys out of the pram. lol"

:rolleyes:

Leave voter "Look, positive news about new jobs created"

Remainiac "Look, negative news about job losses"

Which reports are more representative of the overall jobs market?

https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...eetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/february2019

Every job lost is painful but that's roughly 1 million more jobs than HM Treasury/project fear said we would have if we dared vote leave... which some might view as mildly positive.

Remainiacs ever since 23rd of June 2016 ....

pramthrow.gif

:p

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ok. I tried to search for that point on Google but I couldn't find anything on it.
I think it was an ECJ ruling 2 or 3 months back specifically about revoking article 50.

Time flies, though. Maybe it was 6 months back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leave voter "Look, positive news about new jobs created"

Remainiac "Look, negative news about job losses"

Which reports are more representative of the overall jobs market?

https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...eetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/february2019

Every job lost is painful but that's roughly 1 million more jobs than HM Treasury/project fear said we would have if we dared vote leave... which some might view as mildly positive.

Remainiacs ever since 23rd of June 2016 ....

pramthrow.gif

:p

We haven't even left yet, remember?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
By the way, a tweak to the Political Declaration for the future relationship ( EU happy to alter this ) could allow MV3...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hmmmm ......

"Scrutiny of such agreements has heightened since Angus Sinclair, a former private secretary to the Speaker John Bercow, told the BBC he was given “compulsory early retirement”, with an £86,250 pay-off dependent on him signing a non-disclosure agreement barring him from making complaints about his treatment in the House"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-agreements-parliament-bullying-a8410956.html

Wasn't there a whole list of MP's who had had complaints made about their behaviour towards secretary's and aides, many tales of bullying, drunkenness and assault as I recall ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So Erskine May says May may not

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That was part of the joke! :lolol:

Yeah, just caught up with the thread and realised after posting. Just had a look at the actual site and noticed HEIL CHURCHILL in the March 2 Leave logo, a hyper link on text reading that failure to deliver Brexit would shake peoples Faith in Democracy takes you to the Electoral Commissions report on Leave.EU's multiple breaches of electoral law.:bowdown:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
****ing hell Leadsom is pissed off isn't she.

Indeed: manifest that Leadsom and Bercow detest each other. I think he simply regards her as a bit thick, and, if so, he has a case. How that woman got within spitting distance of becoming Prime Minister is amazing. All she seems to do is read a script and repeat it ad nauseum. Mind you, Bercow is a total show-pony.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Bercow calling it right. I don’t want to leave as it will hurt the most disadvantaged the most but May should not be allowed to present this shit deal again and again and again until she gets it through. It’s her time to step up and to do something different

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We haven't even left yet, remember?

The predicted 500,000 job losses were in relation to 'the immediate economic impact of a vote to leave and the two
years that follow'

Even if the assumption was an immediate triggering of article 50 after the vote we would still not be leaving for two years :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So May's Withdrawal Agreement has bitten the dust, and a People's Vote with Corbyn is about as welcome as a bacon sandwich at a barmitzvah.

Anyone got any idea what happens next? The EU are waiting for our instruction prior to their meeting in 3 days time and the silence is deafening. This is just incredibly amateur and pathetic from May, we're a laughing stock and I think without a damn good reason for any extension the EU could be forgiven for denying an extension and forcing Brexit upon us. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So May's Withdrawal Agreement has bitten the dust, and a People's Vote with Corbyn is about as welcome as a bacon sandwich at a barmitzvah.

Anyone got any idea what happens next? The EU are waiting for our instruction prior to their meeting in 3 days time and the silence is deafening. This is just incredibly amateur and pathetic from May, we're a laughing stock and I think without a damn good reason for any extension the EU could be forgiven for denying an extension and forcing Brexit upon us. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Can see the irony, but I think they are too sensible for this sort of gesture politics. (I live to be disappointed; and I feel that the EU must be totally exasperated by what's going on here.) Extension will surely be granted but they'll want re-assurance that it will be used for something specific. But in many ways the Speaker's ruling makes both a no-deal leave and a referendum both a little more likely. I'd go for the latter as having narrower odds than the former. God, it's a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here