Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
And People on here still idolise the EU as some Bastion of Democracy, roll on October the 21st 2019 LEAVE MEANS LEAVE as instructed by the referendum result
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And many others, including the brand new, democratically elected ( pause for a quick dose of hysteria ) boss of the EU, Ursula von der Leyen, 60 year old German. Formerly, the least popular member of Merkel's cabinet but apparently highly popular in Brussels. Formerly a student at the LSE but under the name ' Rose Ladson ' ( why? ) Her political persuasion is rather unclear but not to worry, she's signed up for the next five years, even though she is being investigated, as a result of her former defence ministry being accused of allocating over-inflated contracts, worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, to outside contractors and consultants. Sounds about right to head the EU.
Meanwhile.....back to the Brexit MEP'S.

These two items are not mutually exclusive: i.e. we don't need to chose between a German politician who clearly has some questions to answer (I did a bit of digging around on this) and our own MEPs. We can admire or criticise both, although I guess it's natural to select our own particular targets.

But as you say ' back to the Brexit MEPs', which I've taken as an invitation. Here's a link which also raises some questions about them, individually and collectively.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/06/03/brexit-party-candidates-elected-to-the-european-parliament/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And many others, including the brand new, democratically elected ( pause for a quick dose of hysteria ) boss of the EU, Ursula von der Leyen, 60 year old German. Formerly, the least popular member of Merkel's cabinet but apparently highly popular in Brussels. Formerly a student at the LSE but under the name ' Rose Ladson ' ( why? ) Her political persuasion is rather unclear but not to worry, she's signed up for the next five years, even though she is being investigated, as a result of her former defence ministry being accused of allocating over-inflated contracts, worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, to outside contractors and consultants. Sounds about right to head the EU.
Meanwhile.....back to the Brexit MEP'S.

She was nominated amongst four candidates by the leaders of the 28 countries (Theresa May voted for her) and then the MEPs voted.
383 votes to 327 with 22 abstentions and one blank paper.

There is another confirmation vote in October when the EU Parliament has had time to hear her policies.
It sounds a lot more democratic than for the new Prime Minister.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As opposed to ' Bollocks to Brexit ' which was a paragon of maturity.

...your sarcasm is noted!

Neither is mature, but 'Bollocks to Brexit' is a catchy slogan as opposed to a dismal display of petulance.

- and 'Bollocks to Brexit' is probably better than 'Blame Brexit' when the UK leaving causes misery to millions!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
She was nominated amongst four candidates by the leaders of the 28 countries (Theresa May voted for her) and then the MEPs voted.

There is another confirmation vote in October when the EU Parliament has had time to hear her policies.

For those railing against her, it's worth noting she won with 52% of the vote. :tantrum:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
the brand new, democratically elected ( pause for a quick dose of hysteria ) boss of the EU, Ursula von der Leyen

Interesting, so you have a problem with a result produced by a restricted voting group which returns a result between 51 and 52%?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So in 2019 it has come to this.

At PMQs one party leader accusing another party leader of being more racist than each other.

One party anti Semite and the other anti Muslim.

Just incredible.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Like Brown was? Pretty much the same to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gonna say - wish our system was anywhere near as democratic as the EU's.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And People on here still idolise the EU as some Bastion of Democracy, roll on October the 21st 2019 LEAVE MEANS LEAVE as instructed by the referendum result
regards
DR

How should we leave, given No Deal isn't an option? What do you think the politicians should do? Just shouting LEAVE MEANS LEAVE doesn't actually mean anything.

RADIATOR MEANS RADIATOR - that's what you sound like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting, so you have a problem with a result produced by a restricted voting group which returns a result between 51 and 52%?

Not when the outcome suits, in which case it is a MASSIVE victory, the nation has spoken, and any question of a rethink is tantamount to treason :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well yesterday Farage's group of Crypto fascists tried to pretend they were the only ones in the EU parliament chamber, taking a pic of themselves alone in tea break (do hide your watches in future)

Today it was back to normal...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Well yesterday Farage's group of Crypto fascists tried to pretend they were the only ones in the EU parliament chamber, taking a pic of themselves in the alone in tea break (do hide your watches in future)

Today it was back to normal...

View attachment 113097

It does beg the question as to what all these non attendees do when they aren't attending (Which I assume is what they are paid to do).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It does beg the question as to what all these non attendees do when they aren't attending (Which I assume is what they are paid to do).

I know its shocking. Get rid of these pesky workers rights set out by the EU, no one should be allowed to take breaks. Back to victorian work houses....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here