Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And yet some people, who apparently are not stupid, believe this is a valid plan and would vote for it :facepalm:

Yep. It also appears the no deal/managed no deal/big break Brexit/whatever it's called this week 'transition period' without ECJ jurisdiction plan has been given a timescale of no more than 2 years, yet the the negotiation of a future FTA with The EU and possible subsequent appeal to The WTO when they don't do exactly what Steve Baker and Sir Bernard Jenkin want is a complete blank canvas in terms of time. Still, they're merely details and this is after-all Brexit - who needs them. :rolleyes:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Wow - this is all one big clustercufk. The very real possibility that we'll have a shaggy haired liar as our Prime Minister, a subsequent no-deal Brexit, with a hard border between Ireland/Northern Ireland, and then once the US gets it's claws into our sovereignty, the NHS will be on the table for the US to skim dry alongside a number of really rather unpleasant US "initiatives".

Well done 51% of you. Idiots.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wow - this is all one big clustercufk. The very real possibility that we'll have a shaggy haired liar as our Prime Minister, a subsequent no-deal Brexit, with a hard border between Ireland/Northern Ireland, and then once the US gets it's claws into our sovereignty, the NHS will be on the table for the US to skim dry alongside a number of really rather unpleasant US "initiatives".

Well, it's right out of the blue and it's not as if anyone could have seen this coming

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

I love the arguments on here about the in-fighting in the Tory party, what Jeremy Corbyn would do if he got in etc etc.The situation we are currently in cannot be rescued by Theresa May, Amber Rudd, Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Tony Blair coming back from retirement or Maggie Thatcher coming back from beyond.

This government is the same organisation which is going to rollout all of the changes created by Brexit in the next 18 months (3.5 years for those who believe the implementation period). None of these changes have yet been agreed meaning no work can commence on them. Even a WTO 'no deal' will need to be implemented.

Whatever your political alliances, surely a little common sense will tell you that there are huge issues staring us in the face. The Government (whoever that consists of !) will have to fudge. The timescales which are currently being talked about are ridiculous :facepalm:

I reckon she just made another lucky guess in this post 2 years ago ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's that got to do with what is being discussed ?

They were talking about usernames and you said that they were all as bad as one another. And I really can't be arsed, but having been a 'regular' poster on here for some time, I am sure that the number of posts from Leavers claiming they have been abused are far greater than the original ones abusing them.

Remoaners, Squealing Pigs, undemocratic loons. My particular favourite, which has happened a few times, is when I have to re-explain something to a Brexiteer a number of times in increasingly simple terms until the penny finally drops, and then I get called 'a condescending prick'.

I would suggest that if you find these upsetting, maybe stay off the thread :shrug:

So, anyway, back to Users setting up accounts with racist Usernames

Ive been called a liar & Pinocchio by at least two leavers even when I've posted a link to the facts I'm posting about. It isn't retaliation because I haven't abused anyone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How anyone thinks the way politics in this world is headed is not insane is ludicrous. How anyone thinks it isn’t going to get worse is equally ludicrous.
The idiots won.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ive been called a liar & Pinocchio by at least two leavers even when I've posted a link to the facts I'm posting about. It isn't retaliation because I haven't abused anyone.

Just as well we're not snowflakes who whine on endlessly about how we are all grouped together and insulted :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It is NOT the fault of leave voters that the process has been managed by incompetents and now an entitled, wealthy lunatic fringe. They were promised something that isn't deliverable and thus what is being proposed by Raab (proroguing parliament) is a sop to the extreme right-wing tail wagging the flea-infested dog that is the current Tory party, and is nothing short of a shameful undemocratic disgrace.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is NOT the fault of leave voters that the process has been managed by incompetents and now an entitled, wealthy lunatic fringe. They were promised something that isn't deliverable and thus what is being proposed by Raab (proroguing parliament) is a sop to the extreme right-wing tail wagging the flea-infested dog that is the current Tory party, and is nothing short of a shameful undemocratic disgrace.

But at what point do you stop, review what's happening and question what is going on currently (3 years into this complete clusterf*** and before we have even made a decision on what type of Brexit we want) and think maybe what I have been told isn't correct and what is this doing to our country currently ?

Last 24 hrs news

Brexit: Rory Stewart accuses Conservative rivals of 'misleading' voters on prospect of new deal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/brexit-latest-rory-stewart-deal-conservative-vote-boris-johnson-misleading-a8945156.html

Fears for 1,700 jobs as Ford set to close Bridgend plant

https://news.sky.com/story/fears-for-fords-bridgend-plant-as-car-giant-calls-meeting-with-union-leaders-11735694

UK economy near stagnation due to Brexit, weak global demand - PMI

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0605/1053579-uk-economy-near-stagnation-pmi/

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Tories can't learn lessons. The Europe question has finished many Prime Ministers & cabinet ministers, & still they don't learn.

D

Deleted member 22389

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48340619

US car giant Ford has announced it will cut 7,000 jobs globally by the end of August in an effort to save costs.

The plan will reduce Ford's salaried workforce by 10% and will be made through both voluntary and forced redundancies, according to the firm.

Ford said the plan, which includes 2,300 cuts in the US, will save the company $600m (£471m) a year.

It is the second major US carmaker to announce redundancies, following GM which is shedding 14,000 posts.

Ford is already making cuts in Europe as part of a shake-up first revealed at the beginning of the year.

In March, Ford said it would axe 5,000 jobs in Germany, including hourly, salaried and temporary staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yes where are the mods. Your all as bad as each other.

Which other users have nazi inspired usernames and post links to far right, anti-semitic youtube channels? Do tell.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Raab has completely lost his mind: he wants to suspend parliament. He hinted at this a few days ago and is now promoting it as a policy

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-raab-fury-torys-illegal-16265978

It's absolutely bonkers - not only would it split the Tory party asunder and end the union but it would draw the Queen into a politics, something that's she avoided for more than 60 years.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48340619

US car giant Ford has announced it will cut 7,000 jobs globally by the end of August in an effort to save costs.

The plan will reduce Ford's salaried workforce by 10% and will be made through both voluntary and forced redundancies, according to the firm.

Ford said the plan, which includes 2,300 cuts in the US, will save the company $600m (£471m) a year.

It is the second major US carmaker to announce redundancies, following GM which is shedding 14,000 posts.

Ford is already making cuts in Europe as part of a shake-up first revealed at the beginning of the year.

In March, Ford said it would axe 5,000 jobs in Germany, including hourly, salaried and temporary staff.

Isn't this where you usually attempt to claim that manufacturing is booming by posting a tweet saying a bloke in Kettering is thinking about converting his shed into a factory and might employ someone part-time?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I had some sympathy with leave voters for the above reasons, however they have just voted again in great numbers for the Brexit party.

Any sympathy I had is gone.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I had some sympathy with leave voters for the above reasons, however they have just voted again in great numbers for the Brexit party.

The HAVE to win. Its important for their ego's, much more important than the countries economy, and future.
Come on, how can they go down the pub, or onto forums, after spewing bullshit for the last couple of years, if it doesnt happen. They would look stupid, and im fairly sure their thin skins would not be able to stand that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Isn't this where you usually attempt to claim that manufacturing is booming by posting a tweet saying a bloke in Kettering is thinking about converting his shed into a factory and might employ someone part-time?

I stopped that some months ago. I didn't want to ruin the negative vibe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Hey, not all of us did. I may have voted to leave but I'd need my head examining to vote for any party led by that charlatan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here