View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
807. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

557 69.02%
  • Leave

221 27.39%
  • Wouldn’t vote

29 3.59%
Page 9393 of 10014 FirstFirst ... 8393889392939343938393909391939293939394939593969403944394939893 ... LastLast
Results 93,921 to 93,930 of 100140

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where are you getting your 30% rejection rate figures from for EU nationals on the settled status scheme.
    The only figures of the home office scheme I saw were home office figures published in May this year
    That home office report said 600,000 had applied and from the 3 initial tests 230,000 had applied. 95% of those 230,000 had been processed and
    “ 0 applications were refused status under the scheme”.
    69% of application were granted settled status
    31% of applications were granted pre-settled status.

The next batch of data from the home office is due out some time in august according to that report

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-phase-report
    There are three million EU citizens working here, who were told they had until Dec 2021 to register, but Pritti Patel has changed that to October 31st this year. The system cannot cope, as your figures show just a few thousand are getting processed.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There are three million EU citizens working here, who were told they had until Dec 2021 to register, but Pritti Patel has changed that to October 31st this year. The system cannot cope, as your figures show just a few thousand are getting processed.
      I don't think that is the intention, but it is hard to see how someone can prove they have the rights of employment or housing until they get their paperwork in order. The intention is that no arrivals after exit day will be able to apply for pre-settled status, whereas this was going to run to the end of the withdrawal period, if we leave with the transitional arrangements. Those who are already here should be ok, but how will a new employer know the difference? How will an existing employer know that their employee will pass the application process?
      I still think no deal is not going to happen, and all planning and moves are just for show, but it is not fun for the front seat passengers in this game of chicken.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Free movement quite rightly ends on October 31st, because that's what the country voted for. Anyone arriving in this country after that date will need to follow the new rules I presume. Anyone who arrived before October 31st has until Dec 2021 to apply for settled status. EU citizens who have been here a good number of years should of got their settled status sorted out months ago, there are really no excuses here.

1 Not allowed!
      I see, so your answer is you don’t know where you got your figure from of 30% of EU nationals applying for pre and settled status have been rejected, so you thought you would deflect onto something else……….i can hazard a guess where you got the figure of 30% from
      You clearly have a problem with figures if you think those figures in the report are just a few thousand.
      Oh and by the way there are not 3 million EU citizens working here. There are those here who are economically inactive, those who are family members, those who are jobseekers etc.

May 2016 There were an estimated 2.15 million EU nationals working in the UK Labour Market
      May 2019 There were an estimated 2.38 million EU nationals working in the UK Labour Market.

Source ONS
      https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...eleases&page=1
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      I still think no deal is not going to happen, and all planning and moves are just for show, but it is not fun for the front seat passengers in this game of chicken.
      hope you're right, trouble is i cant see how Johnson backs up unless he has something to show as a change. does he really come back and just ask for another vote on the current WA, expecting ERG to step in line? or enough from Labour to get there (the party line would certainly be to vote against). the option of delay seems least likely unless there is a meaningful purpose. no deal seems increasingly likely.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      hope you're right, trouble is i cant see how Johnson backs up unless he has something to show as a change. does he really come back and just ask for another vote on the current WA, expecting ERG to step in line? or enough from Labour to get there (the party line would certainly be to vote against). the option of delay seems least likely unless there is a meaningful purpose. no deal seems increasingly likely.
      I don't believe 'no deal' will happen. Apart from the complete lack of preparation, infrastructure, staffing etc which I may have mentioned once or twice that means it couldn't work operationally, it would put the Tories out of power for generations and Johnson would go down as the worst Prime Minister in history. The panic and mayhem would, I suspect, have us back in the EU on worse terms, within 6 months if not sooner.

As each day goes by, it becomes more obvious that if 'no deal' isn't exactly 'project fear', it's pretty bloody close

4 Not allowed!
      I do find the fact that the three amigos, @pastafarian, @JC Footy Genius and @Westdene Seagull are now lined up fair and square alongside @Pretty pink fairy backing Johnson and his 'no deal' a little amusing.

They have gradually been forced into a position none of them wanted to be in, because it has become clear that the 'good deal' that they were sold by the Leave campaign, doesn't and has never existed, and the simple choice has been between Customs Union (or Vassal State !) or 'No deal' and an Irish border all along. (Who could have seen that coming )

As I said, that is a little amusing, but what is f***ing hilarious is that the dribbling moron Ppf hasn't changed his position in the last 3 years, but they have all changed theirs to align with him. Maybe they could have saved themselves a lot of time, typing and embarrassment if they had just listened to his erudite case for 'no deal' from the very beginning
      Last edited by WATFORD zero; 21-08-2019 at 08:41.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      Johnson would go down as the worst Prime Minister in history.
      That accolade was already assured the moment he took office.
      Beer in the Netherlands - "Probably the best beer guide to the Netherlands ever written." - Trufflehound.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehound View Post
      That accolade was already assured the moment he took office.
      Good point, well made
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      A point made on the Today programme was that while the forces against no deal appear to be divided (and divided in all sorts of ways), the maniacs (OK, my word for them) who are gripping the steering wheel towards the cliff edge seem to be pretty much united. This is bad news indeed. It's almost as if the Sensibles are kind of assuming that with each passing day, and the accumulation of evidence that No Deal = Total Disaster, that the Nutters will simply see how delusional they are and do a U-turn before that cliff-edge. It ain't going to happen.