Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

I know.

One day you will stand up for what you believe in and expect your voice to be heard.

You will be brushed aside, you will be outraged, and you won't have a leg to stand on. You were happy to throw away the principle that power rests with the people. One day that will be a principle you will go looking for, only to find it isn't there.

Spot on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And there's the real truth of what's going on.

it isnt really. the new rules are aimed at companies using Ireland, Luxembourg and other countries to shuffle their tax liabilities. we already align with most the new legislation anyway. the narrative is also contradictory, the objective of being a tax haven means corporations and people moving assets here, which becomes more difficult for EU based tax payers post brexit.

Jan 30, 2008
To believe that this country is a democracy is to believe a lie. It's clear as day. We are not governed by representitives, we are ruled by rulers.

I will never vote again. Part of me feels like I am "withdrawing my consent", but guess what? My consent doesn't matter either.

Push has finally come to shove over the last couple of years, and now we know where the power really lies in this country, and it is not with the people.

Yet some stains on here think that's acceptable ,obviously oblivious to a large proportion of the people in this country, political armegedon on its way i believe , waiting patiently
Regards
DF

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Declaring the money in offshore accounts, a la tax havens like The Cayman Islands.

The measures in the Anti Tax Avoidance directive, which is what is being referred to, are already covered by existing UK legislation. Bar two measures which have an implementation date of 2022 not 2020

D

Deleted member 22389

To believe that this country is a democracy is to believe a lie. It's clear as day. We are not governed by representitives, we are ruled by rulers.

I will never vote again. Part of me feels like I am "withdrawing my consent", but guess what? My consent doesn't matter either.

Push has finally come to shove over the last couple of years, and now we know where the power really lies in this country, and it is not with the people.

Leavers have been shafted, pure and simple. There is only so much people will put up with here. It's an absolute Fing disgrace.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does Corbyn have something better to be doing?

Very poor from him not to be in the House.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i see May's WA is back on the table.

It will be funny if it's passed after she's left office

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
just saying the Home Office does not have the power to do what you are suggesting, it would require a government to pass law. the ID cards is a example of something related that the Home Office has pushed for and been rejected.

I really struggle to understand how something as simple as the requirement to register as a resident would be a problem. You have twice mentioned ID cards, which is about citizenship and identity; something different. It happens all around the world. What’s the issue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here