Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

Damn, someone told me Leave means Leave. Are you saying that isn't the case?

Oh the irony. That quote was from a remainer - Treason May. The same person who said “No deal is better than a bad deal” but never meant that either, and who also said “we will leave the EU on the 29th March”. So, reaminers fail to keep to their word. Well, what a surprise (not).

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Whats so bad about the ECJ?

Did those mean EU give us too many workers rights.

Did the mean EU give you too many human rights? We've been too spoilt. OUT. NEXT.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You are a lightweight 'ninny' in comparison to larus. Don't make any more of a fool of yourself. It's uncomfortable reading.........:smile:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
After reading some of your comments on here tonight, I can sleep soundly knowing i'm not the loser. I haven't been asked any questions, so none to answer. You seem upset though.

If you're looking for extreme, then i suggest you read some of the things your cohorts on this thread have said...some of them have even managed complete sentences.

Well now aren't you the 'biatch'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well now aren't you the 'biatch'.

Do people even use that word anymore? Credit to you for trying to bring it back, I suppose.

larus

After reading some of your comments on here tonight, I can sleep soundly knowing i'm not the loser. I haven't been asked any questions, so none to answer. You seem upset though.

If you're looking for extreme, then i suggest you read some of the things your cohorts on this thread have said...some of them have even managed complete sentences.

No, some other loser failed to answer a simple question about the lies from the remain side - as he couldn’t so chickened out.

Then you popped up with your oh so funny retort about bingo - wow, so original. But, like the other poster, you couldn’t dispute the facts so come out with snide comments.

Enjoy your sleep - after all, the UK will be destitute soon when we leave the EU with No Deal, so rest easy whilst you can. (Well, that’s what project fear keeps saying).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But, like the other poster, you couldn’t dispute the facts so come out with snide comments.

I haven't been asked anything, so I have nothing to dispute. If i'm asked a question, i'll do my best to answer it. You'll be surprised how reasonable people will be if you try to do the same.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I haven't been asked anything, so I have nothing to dispute. If i'm asked a question, i'll do my best to answer it. You'll be surprised how reasonable people will be if you try to do the same.

You may not have been questioned directly. larus has been nothing but reasonable. A lot of people who read this thread but do not post will also think he has been reasonable. Why do you think he has not been? Asked questions (remaining unaswered) Gave his view, inviting response and as yet NO one has responded with substance. Have they?

larus

So, you jumped in and replied to one of my posts in reply to someone else and made a pathetic comment about bingo, and now you want to play the righteous card about being reasonable. Don’t you see how hypocritical that makes you.

I answered [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION] earlier and asked him some questions, which he knew he couldn’t answer, so he got all hissy. Seems that remainers are very selective in their outrage.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Eh? Can't speak for anywhere else but the Leeds one was packed. Far more than they were expecting - they'd fenced off an area for it and it spilled over into the adjacent roads and a fairground that's there for the summer.

My photos aren't great to be honest, I couldn't get high enough.

View attachment 114860

Speaking as a photographer, you've done alright Notters. Still not that many people though considering how outraged people were meant to be. With over a million signatures to the petition I was expecting Hong Kong style numbers and anger.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So, you jumped in and replied to one of my posts in reply to someone else and made a pathetic comment about bingo, and now you want to play the righteous card about being reasonable. Don’t you see how hypocritical that makes you.

I answered [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION] earlier and asked him some questions, which he knew he couldn’t answer, so he got all hissy. Seems that remainers are very selective in their outrage.

No-one in this thread can claim any sort of moral high-ground, i never pretend to or claim to - if people find my posts hypocritical then I accept that, but i don't claim to be anything I'm not.

I'm not quite sure you're able to complain though about a post I make, then make a generalisation about one side of the argument however. On both sides there's been some decent and mature discussion (i'm always willing to partake if it's there) and also some complete cockwombles that don't help either sides cause. If we could ignore them i'm sure this would be a pretty decent thread :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I never hear any reaminers saying why we should stay - only the fear of leaving.

Because it gives us easy access to 26 other markets?
Because it makes it a lot easier to participate in European projects like Airbus.
Because it makes the UK an attractive place to establish factories for people like Honda, Nissan and Toyota because they can easily export for here to the rest of Europe.
Because the EU has existing trade deals in place which it will take us years if not decades to replicate.
Because being a part of the EU gives us more clout internationally than we would have by ourselves.
Because us being part of the EU improves the relationship between the US and the EU.
Because the EU brings us a lot of good - phone roaming charges, for example.
Because of the cooperation on terrorism, crime prevention and so on.
Because of the "human" values which prevail over things like workers' rights, which many members of the current government would remove happily in a heartbeat.

I could probably think of more, but it's late and I'm getting tired.

And as for your comment about lies,
what about that big red bus, that overstated what we pay to the EU by a factor of about three,
what about the imminent membership of Turkey, which never happened and probably never will,
what about the fact that the entire population of Romania did not move here.
What about all the assertions of how easy it was going to be to negotiate the whole range of trade deals... still, the Philippines is a good start.
What about Cambridge Analytics.
What about deliberate overspending on the campaign and the cheating and FRAUD which went on to try and hide it.

I wouldn't trust any of the leaders of the BREXIT campaign as far as I could throw them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely closing down Parliament including Select Committees, with no option to bring back Parliament during the lengthy closed down period is far more important, and is a serious political and democratic crisis for this country.

Parliament has showed itself to be incapable of handling this issue, it needs to be concluded in a swift and decisive manner, Boris is attempting to do that.

Jan 30, 2008
Because it gives us easy access to 26 other markets?
Because it makes it a lot easier to participate in European projects like Airbus.
Because it makes the UK an attractive place to establish factories for people like Honda, Nissan and Toyota because they can easily export for here to the rest of Europe.
Because the EU has existing trade deals in place which it will take us years if not decades to replicate.
Because being a part of the EU gives us more clout internationally than we would have by ourselves.
Because us being part of the EU improves the relationship between the US and the EU.
Because the EU brings us a lot of good - phone roaming charges, for example.
Because of the cooperation on terrorism, crime prevention and so on.
Because of the "human" values which prevail over things like workers' rights, which many members of the current government would remove happily in a heartbeat.

I could probably think of more, but it's late and I'm getting tired.

And as for your comment about lies,
what about that big red bus, that overstated what we pay to the EU by a factor of about three,
what about the imminent membership of Turkey, which never happened and probably never will,
what about the fact that the entire population of Romania did not move here.
What about all the assertions of how easy it was going to be to negotiate the whole range of trade deals... still, the Philippines is a good start.
What about Cambridge Analytics.
What about deliberate overspending on the campaign and the cheating and FRAUD which went on to try and hide it.

I wouldn't trust any of the leaders of the BREXIT campaign as far as I could throw them.

Romanian criminals are a great asset along with a host of other undisirables strolling into the country, don't worry we'll still be trading with the EU ,40 years is a short time in the general context how did we cope before then .
people have decided they don't want to be in the club any longer
It's about time you accepted that and moved on
regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You don't have a partner, do you?
Well, I will take that back you have your other NSC alter ego.
Perhaps you need to go and get Intimate with him, as you were born to self pleasure.

Oh dear Mouldy... you really should stick to emoticons instead of being reduced to pointless, presumptuous, personal nonsense; it's funny mainly because it's so inept.

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Again. The original referendum gave us a "what" for the outcome.

A second referendum would give the opportunity to choose a brexit or remain.

If you are so democratic you wouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Very desperate mikey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here