Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 81

Jan 30, 2008

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Services really is the biggie, 80% of our econ, 46% exported, 43% of which goes to the EU. Basically 16% of UK economy thrown under the bus

UK had an 8% GDP grow deficit versus Germany 2016-2020, wonder what it will be in the next 4 years?

No worries, we can just sell some sovereignty

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yep I saw the intervention of Bozza, some nasty stuff. Some people think the minute it enters the Bear Pit it is open season and they can abuse who they like...

You’re shit stirring! Give it a rest or post up what you think was nasty stuff on that thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Obviously they are more than entitled to their opinion but I believe they are wrong. As we have heard the heard the same point repeated a number of times by EU-disapprovers, perhaps I may be forgiven for similarly repeating myself...

There is absolutely no comparison between the level of centralised power in the United Kingdom and that in the European Union. As a component of the United Kingdom, England, for example, has no head of state, no army and no parliament. An independent Scotland, like every other member, would be incomparably freer in the European Union than it is now.

Its position would be similar to that of Slovenia for example, which was a region of a nation state (albeit one with looser shackles than the UK) and had no compunction about joining the EU as soon as it was able to.

Im sure they would just repeat to you that they see it as a bit odd to want to have an Independent Scotland running its own affairs and making its own decisions about Scotland and then decide to cede a whole raft of national Scottish powers to Brussels all in the name of pooled sovereignty if they ended up joining the EU.
I can see their point of view if one is a true Scottish nationalist, if you wish to be truly independent and free of a union seems a bit strange to deliberately pull out of one union only to join another.
Might as well grow some Gorbals and crack on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep I saw the intervention of Bozza, some nasty stuff. Some people think the minute it enters the Bear Pit it is open season and they can abuse who they like...

Yeah. May be purely random but seems to have coincided with the return of Baker Lite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah. May be purely random but seems to have coincided with the return of Baker Lite.
Yes, I noted his sudden return and the ramping up of his post count. The Fairy seemed to have had some kind of chemical stimulus last night too, post numbers going crazy, if only he actually had something constructive to say?

I became so bored with the usual suspects that they all went on ignore over a period of 2-3 weeks some months ago.. Like taking off tight shoes!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Johnson can do that but the problem he and his government have created isn't going away. Nothing good ever comes out of nationalism, nobody wins...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...ons-sturgeon-says_uk_600d687cc5b6a0d83a1c2b2b

Scotland will hold a referendum on Scottish independence if the SNP wins the Holyrood elections, regardless of whether Boris Johnson agrees to a new vote.

So if they win, then what?

London can just ignore it, its no more relevance than an online poll.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, I noted his sudden return and the ramping up of his post count. The Fairy seemed to have had some kind of chemical stimulus last night too, post numbers going crazy, if only he actually had something constructive to say?

I became so bored with the usual suspects that they all went on ignore over a period of 2-3 weeks some months ago.. Like taking off tight shoes!

Ditto, I don't have anyone on ignore but some I just refuse to engage with, just classic trolling to get attention.

Suffice to say both have been banned and / or are on second generation NSC accounts

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hilarious that there is some argument that Johnson's trip to Scotland is in fact breaking Covid regulations! It's pretty obvious that it's a desperate gamble to save a Union rather than to destroy a Union.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hilarious that there is some argument that Johnson's trip to Scotland is in fact breaking Covid regulations! It's pretty obvious that it's a desperate gamble to save a Union rather than to destroy a Union.

I'm afraid a photo opportunity at the couple of Scottish NHS hospitals won't wash up there, they had Johnson sussed long ago and saw him for what he is

He should be visiting Ireland, we really should be collaborating with them to establish a secure UK / Eire area with secure quarantine. But that would be could leadership...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm afraid a photo opportunity at the couple of Scottish NHS hospitals won't wash up there, they had Johnson sussed long ago and saw him for what he is

He should be visiting Ireland, we really should be collaborating with them to establish a secure UK / Eire area with secure quarantine. But that would be could leadership...

Are you suggesting then that the Irish haven’t sussed out Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I don't think he will go anywhere near NI after the way he sold them out.. Besides, could be embarrassing if he got held up at Customs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here