Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is quite silly really. Recession fears were being driven by an on-going trade war between the US/China which have now eased off. Let us not forget Italy have been 'folding' for 4 years now and still haven't. So I think Germany will be fine. Contrary to belief, it wouldn't have affected the UK anyway as we are not required to be part of any financial rescue packages as per the treaties.

Also, Brexit is having an effect on Germany as well as ourselves, how could it not? Let's not forget that we have just had a contraction ourselves.

In terms of Billions lost in membership fees, Germany are net contributors themselves. The only countries which stand to lose out are net beneficiaries of the Bloc, unless the EU can enforce higher fees for the remaining members.So I am not really clear why Germany would ever need to replace £Bns.

Brexit or No Brexit, I do not expect money to stop moving between the UK/EU and trade will continue, with money flowing from the UK into the EU. So I am not particularly sure why anybody would think the EU automatically become at further risk after Brexit. Unless we switch suppliers of certain products to none EU countries.

I didn't ask the question, I just answered it.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Please tell me outside the UK where we can 'travel freely'. I can answer but would like to hear yours.

It's quite obvious he was talking about Visa free travel here, right to settle and find work within 3 month etc etc.

But for whatever reason, you're clearly on one. . .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's quite obvious he was talking about Visa free travel here, right to settle and find work within 3 month etc etc.

But for whatever reason, you're clearly on one. . .

And you don't think we can do this? I did a year in the USA and had no problem whatsoever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In what way?
Regards
DF

The Musicians Union website, and the difficulties orchestras will have after Brexit. Orchestras travel regularly.

https://www.musiciansunion.org.uk/Home/Advice/musicians-brexit-guidance

Yeah I'm ready to tell my child when he's old enough to understand that one day UK residents had the rights to live, love, study, work and travel freely across 27 nations, but some very short sighted close minded people voted to remove that ability from him.

When have we ever been able to travel freely? Have you been to Spain without your passport?

You have mentioned travelling freely whilst ignoring the other part of his post which mentioned live, love study and work. Travelling is a very small part of it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You have mentioned travelling freely whilst ignoring the other part of his post which mentioned live, love study and work. Travelling is a very small part of it.

Quite simply because you can do all of that without being in the EU. I picked up on travel freely because it isn't correct. My passport ran out over the summer, I can't pop over to France without it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How many times has he changed political allegiance recently without fighting a by-election and yet he still expects people to take him seriously.
The man is a self-serving, odious, creep, embracing the worst elements of sneering elitism amongst the pro-EU middle classes.

Didn’t realise Brexit was a class thing. Thought it was more an age one. And he has said he will not fight Streatham at the next election.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
No I needed a working visa but it was problem free... what part of no problem don't you get?

The part where he was clearly talking about Visa free travel which led you to then pedantically bring up the USA for which you did nott have Visa free travel or a right to settle and look for work without a Visa. What part of that don't you get?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The part where he was clearly talking about Visa free travel which led you to then pedantically bring up the USA for which you did nott have Visa free travel or a right to settle and look for work without a Visa. What part of that don't you get?

It wasn't 'pedantic', I said it in one post. But you carry on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Luxembourg PM not mincing words, appears WELL pissed off with this farce in general and BJ in particular, and lack of UK proposals in writing.

Oh and he actually just used the words 'Wouldnt happen in Luxembourg' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here