Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
They aren’t in charge of this shitshow. Tories are lying and cheating their way to no deal against the wishes of our elected representatives without scrutiny.

Also against the wishes of the people. Almost nobody voted for leaving with No deal when they voted to leave.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A question for yourself and other Remain posters has there been any posts from Leave voters who have been convinced by your view of the political world since 2016 that your posts have convinced them that voting Leave was a mistake and if there was a second Referendum they would vote Remain ? just curious .

My brother in law voted Leave and massively regretted it within a few months. He would vote Remain now.

Out for a curry with some mates (other young Dads) recently. Of the 4, 2 voted Remain and would do so again, 1 didn’t vote but said he’d vote Remain this time, and the 4th was a Leaver who would now vote Remain.

The polls suggest this is the case across the country - a number of people are regretting their vote and would like another chance.

Does it really surprise you given the reality of what a **** up a No Deal Brexit would be?!

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
So the wishes of 17.4 million, in a country of 60 million need to have their emotions soothed, rather than avoid economic chaos to the country for possibly decades.
Cool. Thanks for letting me know the mind-set. Makes complete sense.

Bore off Dave you don't live here
regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yellowhammer has been released.

It’s as bad as many thought it would be.

The whole of paragraph 15 is redacted, I wonder if that’s the one concerning martial law.

Civil Contingencies Act, curfews etc.

And this document reads like a positive spin on things. It is by no means 'worst case'.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What I don't get why the government aren't happy to delay no deal until after Christmas. It also provides further time to prepare for no deal and in theory negotiate a Johnson deal.

Reading these the time of year amplifies the immediate impacts as there is less storage available for Christmas and less home grown food etc.

How they can do this over waiting a few more months knowing the likely impact will be reduced is baffling.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Paragraph 15 said

Tariffs make UK petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability, but UK government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans. This leads to big financial losses and the closure of two refineries (which are converted to import terminals) with about 2,000 direct job losses. Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions they directly supply. Government analysis of the impact of no-deal on refineries continues.

Fuel up if you think its over.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
****ing ludicrous to compare the two. Only one party is undemocratically trying to force the country into a hellish future that no one voted for. Wake the **** up mate.

I would disagree and say there are parties out there trying to wreck democracy.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
seeing is believing i'm not losing sleep over it
Regards
DF

Seriously? The government who are trying to force through a no deal brexit are actually saying "This is what we expect to happen" and you won't believe it until you actually see it? What do you expect to gain from Brexit that makes it worth making so many people who are struggling already suffer more?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve now read the Operation Yellowhammer report.

Is there any no deal Leaver that can give me even one benefit of a no deal Brexit. You will have to also provide an alternative to a WTO managed transition ,as due to Trumps blocking of Appeal Judges on the WTO appeals process, it looks like the World Trade Organisation will have ground to a halt by the end of December.

Anyone??

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
seeing is believing i'm not losing sleep over it
Regards
DF

Screenshot_20190911_213023.jpg

Hopefully this means you, Timmy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here