Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least if we do leave and it turns out to be shite they can turn around and say they did something to make their voices heard.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This 'will of the people' argument that the Leavers love to use- why are they so scared to find out what the will of the people actually is in 2019?

I wonder.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps the Mod who changed it to what it is now can conduct the amendment in a small ceremony involving one or two canapés and the mayor. Maybe a photographer can capture the moment. Was it Giraffe?

It was Titanic I believe.

I see the extension is deemed to be international law, so it takes precedence over UK domestic law regardless of parliament trying to reject it. The title needs changing.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've signed the petition, I think it's actually got some legs in it.

I voted for Brexit, but not at any cost. This isn't a reversal of my opinion on the EU, but an acceptance that the status quo is better than what this shambles of a government has achieved in the last two years.

Hopefully some good will come of all this - reform of our outdated and broken political system followed by a proper debate on our relationship with Europe now that people are better informed.

As a strong Remainer, I could have finally accepted a Norway type Brexit, but because of the pigheadedness of this government, people are pushed to either No Deal or Revoke A50. Both of which are extremes of political opinion.

Something has to give. Europe are being very patient with us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I am on a different march tomorrow. Its to represent the forgotten in this country. The TTDTFG ( The Taxed To Death and Taken For Granted ) There are only 5.7m of us and we are the lifeblood of this country. We aren't self-seeking politicians, civil servants or the chattering classes of Chiswick, Richmond and Islington. We are the SME's, the small and medium sized businesses on which this country depends.
Whilst certain people are worrying themselves shitless over Brexit, stockpiling food and going on marches, I shall march to work tomorrow. Hard as it is, with economic catastrophe just around the corner, I am going to carry on. I know. Its probably foolhardy but thats me all over. I could let all my staff go and tell them that there is no point carrying on but I just feel it wouldn't be fair. So I have told them that their positions will be reviewed on April 12th and again on May 22nd. If it reaches the point of every man for himself, fighting in the streets over food, clothing and medicines, then that would have to be taken into consideration.
Oh ...... and I hope that all those on the People's Vote March have a jolly good day tomorrow..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that even Corbyn would be better than this appalling want-to-be-dictator that we currently have.

When it comes to Brexit, definitely.
Even if it means remaining if it's for the best.
But he wants to leave on much better terms and protect workers rights etc.
What we have now is just the worse situation possible.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally I don't like non Albion things on here - however our club do have a number of European players so it's a link - a weak one I grant you .
Anyway last chance to go on a shouty march tomorrow if that's the way you feel - or maybe go along and shout at the shouty march - if that's the way YOU feel .

Time to sort these idiots out - whichever way you voted

So go - the more the merrier https://www.peoples-vote.uk/

From a firm remainer........

Your post is pathetic.

‘I don’t like non Albion related stuff’, proceeds to post completely non related to footy stuff, let alone Albion, with the impressive post count of close to bugger all. Brexit is not about the Albion.

If you have an agenda at least have the balls to say so.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Blame for this pickle lies at many doors.

I do feel however that if many had accepted the result and aimed for the best exit possible rather than continually scuppering and sabotaging and delaying hoping that it would go away and we'd simply give up, then the pill would be easier to swallow.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Blame for this pickle lies at many doors.

I do feel however that if many had accepted the result and aimed for the best exit possible rather than continually scuppering and sabotaging and delaying hoping that it would go away and we'd simply give up, then the pill would be easier to swallow.

Theresa May's red lines, which she won't budge on, have led to this deal being the only one available. For her to blame ANYONE else is a joke, frankly.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ah - The "People Who Didn't Like the Result of the Previous People's Vote march." Still, I suppose calling it the People's Vote is a snappier, if misleading, title.

Surprised you haven't joined the 'We've been conned again and given good old Nige another £50 and he's not even joining us, but we're happy to be poorer now and post 29 March, march'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Theresa May's red lines, which she won't budge on, have led to this deal being the only one available. For her to blame ANYONE else is a joke, frankly.

Indeed.

A reasonable Brexit was always there for the taking.

But May's silly red lines have caused so many problems.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
God. I’m sick of the bellends in this country.

If we have a democracy then we have to abide by a majority vote. It doesn’t matter whether we made the “right” choice or not we made a choice.

Once in a lifetime vote? My ahole.there was a woman on BBC this morning (Labour) who was saying we could go for a leave but retain free movement etc....I’m not 100% sure on this but I’m fairly sure that freedom of movement was the main reason leavers voted out.

This country is a joke.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So 2/3 of Parliament is remain and the population vote is 1/3 leave?

I think I can see where the problem is. If the referendum vote was; all those in favour of Brexit should go out to vote, and the remainers stay at home and not vote. And then do the percentage based on the numbers of people of voting age v the Brexit total votes. We would not even be discussing it now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that even Corbyn would be better than this appalling want-to-be-dictator that we currently have.

Someone referred to her after her rather petulant intervention on Wednesday night that she was an authoritarian without authority. I have yet to come across a better description for her and her actions.

D

Deleted member 22389

God. I’m sick of the bellends in this country.

If we have a democracy then we have to abide by a majority vote. It doesn’t matter whether we made the “right” choice or not we made a choice.

Once in a lifetime vote? My ahole.there was a woman on BBC this morning (Labour) who was saying we could go for a leave but retain free movement etc....I’m not 100% sure on this but I’m fairly sure that freedom of movement was the main reason leavers voted out.

This country is a joke.

I really wish others would respect the vote like you.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was very unsure about my vote. I could see that certain things were ineffective and I wanted to see a different approach but ultimately I couldn't bring myself to vote leave without knowing what the future would bring so I voted remain on the fact that it could be awful if we left.

Having seen the last 3 years with continual misjudgements and poor negotiations at every step I'm horrified at the thought of how it might look and I probably sit within the top 20-25% of earners in the country. I'm worried for the poorest 20% and how they will be impacted when we finally leave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here