Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I asked for that a couple of days ago. Addressed the message to Bozza too. No action, so I take that as a free for all. No Mods replied either. Go figure.

Collective responsibility seems to have vanished ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep a majority won a referendum. For the first time in hundreds of years it was contested by the losers. Quite definitely collective democratic responsibilty has gone.

I meant the Mods.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Take a trial. You have a case for the defense and a case for the prosecution. Both present their argument and a jury considers the evidence for and against and comes to a decision based on that.
That decision is quite rightly adhered to.
However, let's say some new evidence comes to light. Perhaps somebody lied under oath, perhaps some new forensic evidence, use your imagination.
A man is in jail having been found guilty. The new evidence may reverse that decision in a retrial. It may not. But he will be granted a retrial. Or if he's really lucky and the evidence is compelling enough, the verdict may be reversed and he is set free, But at the least, he would get a retrial.

See what I'm saying? 'course you do, none of you is daft.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Take a trial. You have a case for the defense and a case for the prosecution. Both present their argument and a jury considers the evidence for and against and comes to a decision based on that.
That decision is quite rightly adhered to.
However, let's say some new evidence comes to light. Perhaps somebody lied under oath, perhaps some new forensic evidence, use your imagination.
A man is in jail having been found guilty. The new evidence may reverse that decision in a retrial. It may not. But he will be granted a retrial. Or if he's really lucky and the evidence is compelling enough, the verdict may be reversed and he is set free, But at the least, he would get a retrial.

See what I'm saying? Course you do.

You are quite amusing Clamp. Brilliant.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Where did i say that? Why put that lie out? I was referring to the brexit party, who are unequivocally racist.

What?

How can you justify making that accusation, let alone saying it's unequivocal.

Do you know what unequivocal means?

People like you do my nut. Ok, you don't agree with the Brexit Party. Maybe you don't like the Brexit Party. That is fair enough. But saying that they are unequivocally racist isn't fair enough, it's indefensible.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This made me chuckle. Forgive me for being childish, but still...

The Guardian said:
Chris Williams, an agent for the Green party in Leicester, has told the Guardian that he has seen scores of spoilt ballots, apparently forged by pro-Brexit voters.

Slogans such as ‘Brexit now’, ‘We need brexit’ and ‘We’ve already voted on this’ were scrawled next to Brexit, he said, but the electors neglected to vote for either Ukip or the Brexit party.

Williams had been checking the disputed ballots as part of his duties as an election agent, and also found one ballot which had ‘wank’ written in every single box apart from that of the Green party. The voter left a note saying ‘not wank’ for the environmentalist party which was deemed acceptable as a vote.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are quite amusing Clamp. Brilliant.

The great thing about my analogy is that Leave voters can interpret that us joining the EU was the original trial and the referendum the retrial. There really is something in there for everyone.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The great thing about my analogy is that Leave voters can interpret that us joining the EU was the original trial and the referendum the retrial. There really is something in there for everyone.

Heath was effectively paid 1.5mil taking us into the EU common market by the burghers of Aachen, Germany. Dont forget the document FCO 30/1048!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What?

How can you justify making that accusation, let alone saying it's unequivocal.

Do you know what unequivocal means?

People like you do my nut. Ok, you don't agree with the Brexit Party. Maybe you don't like the Brexit Party. That is fair enough. But saying that they are unequivocally racist isn't fair enough, it's indefensible.

When Farage is involved, there will always be racism. That's what he is. He has assembled a rather disagreeable rabble to join him in his quest for power. As have many parties to be fair!
What can I say? I don't like the man or his politics.
However, listening to the Westminster Hour on R4 now and the Brexit Party seem to be doing well, a few MEP's so far. The UK's name is going to be dirt come tomorrow.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
When Farage is involved, there will always be racism. That's what he is. He has assembled a rather disagreeable rabble to join him in his quest for power. As have many parties to be fair!
What can I say? I don't like the man or his politics.
However, listening to the Westminster Hour on R4 now and the Brexit Party seem to be doing well, 7 MEP's so far. The UK's name is going to be dirt come tomorrow.

People around him with many different skins and religion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Brexit Party will come unstuck the minute they have to write down a manifesto. Really easy to say "just leave" but they represent a broad number of Leave views judging by people who have attended rallies. As with Brexit in the referendum, writing down what Brexit means ends up with alienating a chunk of the voters who supposedly want it.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The Brexit Party will come unstuck the minute they have to write down a manifesto. Really easy to say "just leave" but they represent a broad number of Leave views judging by people who have attended rallies. As with Brexit in the referendum, writing down what Brexit means ends up with alienating a chunk of the voters who supposedly want it.

Desperate and you will no doubt come back with a question. Desperate, deluded and politically dim.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You'd like to think so. But do you really think their supporters care? Most of them probably don't even know what a manifesto is. I'm not joking.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Desperate and you will no doubt come back with a question. Desperate, deluded and politically dim.

It's not. There is no Brexit Party manifesto. They have neither plans nor answers.

Prove me wrong. Show me the manifesto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here