Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit: UK has 12 days to set out plans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49749465

Not long for our leave voting friends to find out what Johnson's Brilliant 'good deal' is and what it was they voted for 3.5 years ago. The excitement is getting so intense, you can almost taste it (©crodonilson).

Maybe some of them would like to start posting 'Tick Tock' a lot :lolol:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not going to list everything as they've been done to death in the last 100k+ posts but here's one - Osbourne said there would need to be an emergency budget shortly after the vote if the result was leave. Maybe I missed it while being on holiday ….. could you give me the date this emergency budget took place ?

I can give you the date Osborne said: "Given the delay in triggering Article 50, given the decision by the Prime Minister to hand over to a successor, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to wait for a new Prime Minister before we determine what that action is." - That was the 27th June, 2016.

Have a think about the date Article 50 was finally triggered, have a think about when was it going to be triggered when Osborne said there'd be an emergency budget on the 15th June 2016 and also have a think about what did happen on the morning of 24th June 2016 outside Downing Street. (I'll help you with that that last bit - He went to Eton College and he once said: "‘If the British people vote to leave, there is only one way to bring that about, namely to trigger Article 50 of the treaties and begin the process of exit, and the British people would rightly expect that to start straight away.")

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Not long for our leave voting friends to find out what Johnson's Brilliant 'good deal' is and what it was they voted for 3.5 years ago. The excitement is getting so intense, you can almost taste it.

Heard a rumour someone had put in the design at a patents office for a covert hormone beef detector, clearly things are moving are quite a pace...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Not long for our leave voting friends to find out what Johnson's Brilliant 'good deal' is and what it was they voted for 3.5 years ago. The excitement is getting so intense, you can almost taste it.

The EU Parliament voted yesterday by 544 votes to 126, to offer us an extension. So much for Europe hating us.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I wouldn't use hate. Scoff and ridicule, yes. Hate, no.

You should try watching this shitshow unfold from the perspective of outside the UK. Scoffing and ridiculing is the best 'gallows humour' way to deal with the jaw-dropping exasperation everyone feels with the UK government's pantomime actions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I wouldn't use hate. Scoff and ridicule, yes. Hate, no.

They have much, much bigger fish to fry right now with the German and Italian banks problems.

Not sure if hate is the right word. When you have a patient on suicide watch you just try and do all you can to manage the situation to avoid the worst outcome....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You should try watching this shitshow unfold from the perspective of outside the UK. Scoffing and ridiculing is the best 'gallows humour' way to deal with the jaw-dropping exasperation everyone feels with the UK government's pantomime actions.

Much of the UK population would do well just to pick up a foreign newspaper to find out what really is going on with Brexit, the press here are just re-inforcing delusion in a section of the public

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Jaw dropping amazement at what is happening in our Parliament now, that some people here, seem to think is justified.
If they had seen this in 2016, they wouldn't have believed it, but somehow they shrug their shoulders because they 'won'.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jaw dropping amazement at what is happening in our Parliament now, that some people here, seem to think is justified.
If they had seen this in 2016, they wouldn't have believed it, but somehow they shrug their shoulders because they 'won'.

Leavers have not 'won' as you so eloquently put it. The vote was to leave the EU, last I saw we're still in the thing, and continue to chuck money at them. Money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My English teacher would've been apoplectic at the sight of 'think' used three times in one sentence.
That would have been as abhorrent to her as using the adverb nice.

Excellent. Thanks for your input. Not the same without a cut/paste tweet but not too shabby.

As for your English teacher, they need to keep calm.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Leavers have not 'won' as you so eloquently put it. The vote was to leave the EU, last I saw we're still in the thing, and continue to chuck money at them. Money that could be better spent elsewhere.

I agree money could be spent better elsewhere but we send such a small amount of our GDP to the EU, it is negligible. The general public are bamboozled by the millions and billions quoted by politicians, but the amount spent on leaving the EU since June 2016, is more than we have contributed.
I saw a calculator a few months ago where you enter your gross income, and then it shows you how much goes to the EU. Mine is £35 a year. Not even £1 a week.
Then, our country gets grants from the EU so we are better off in, than out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here