Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, but we still don't know, this really is a fear factor built in by non democrats. When we leave, and assuming our economy is ok, I will love to see you lot come back and say you were wrong. If our economy does take a dive I too will hold my hands up.

Yellowhammer was drawn up as a tool for the current government and they tried to bury it. You can bang on about fear but that's like sticking your head in the sand. I don't know what your financial position is but I'm guessing you wouldn't suffer too much from a down turn in the economy. Others won't be so fortunate.

That said, if there were to be a second referendum, your vote is not what remain would be trying to change as you're too entrenched, as is the likes of Bashlsdir and PPF. The difference in the referendum was about 1.27m votes. Only need to change 650k votes. All sorts of things will have a bearing, eg mortality rates over the last three years, the electorate being more educated about the EU and possibly an even higher turnout.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I now see disappearing logic in the Brexit lobby; increasingly it seems to have become a strange religion or cult where strong unerring belief and adherence to the faith undermines any serious scrutiny.

It’s genuinely mind boggling isn’t it. I have a problem with my clock radio that it keeps tuning it’s self to 5 live. Like some recurring nightmare, where I wake up to leave voters phoning in and saying the most bizarre and duck up things. There was a guy from Ipswich saying “I’m not racist right, but I voted leave because of all the foreigners in my town” or the fella that said “we’re British what are people worried about, we can grow vegetables and eat rabbits, there’s plenty of them” it would actually be funny, but it is ducking tragic.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed there are. They mostly use insults instead of fact and end up siding with Nazis :kiss:

I hear you are vile now. How did you get interested in that type of thing ? What's the official line now ? I'm not very busy at present but may return to work soon. If there's a short course I can take it should be fine. Other than that I'll just like your entries if that's okay.

I should meet up with Guinness Girl again for a few wines. Maybe she'll update me. I assume she's decided to learn the vile thing too although I haven't seen any evidence of it from either of you. I obviously don't notice these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I hear you are vile now. How did you get interested in that type of thing ? What's the official line now ? I'm not very busy at present but may return to work soon. If there's a short course I can take it should be fine. Other than that I'll just like your entries if that's okay.

I should meet up with Guinness Girl again for a few wines. Maybe she'll update me. I assume she's decided to learn the vile thing too although I haven't seen any evidence of it from either of you. I obviously don't notice these things.

I feel a sketch coming on.....Is this the right room to be vile...etc etc.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I feel a sketch coming on.....Is this the right room to be vile...etc etc.

No, this room is cantankerous, repetitive, intransigent rhetoric. F*** off. Leave means leave.

Oh, it's down the corridor on the right. I'll let [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] know you are coming.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh sorry vile human being, were your comments your projection?

Yeah, thought not, tosser.

You didn't ask for mine.

I tend to believe Yellowhammer, not least because the government has tried to hide, obfuscate and spin it and yet it is based on known things, or facts as I like to call them, Following a no deal Brexit food prices will go up and there will be shortages. This will be because of delays in getting imports in to the country, changes in subsidies and tariffs and panicky idiots hording and panic buying. It will be worse in November precisely as per the BBC analysis I quoted -- because storage is geared up for Black Friday and Christmas.

Medicines will also be harder to come by and there is a real risk that some life saving medicine will not be available. This is again due to importing it.

Queues at the border will be a nightmare, unless the government takes the decision on this side of the border, to carry on as we have before. Even if they do we cannot legislate for what other EU states will do on their borders. This is the very opposite of taking back control. However, if we decide to operate a full border on this side we are screwed because I can promise you that the IT and systems changes needed to support this will not even have been tested by now.

By far the worst border issue will be Northern Ireland. If we return to a hard border then we break the GFA and risk the devolved government, handing the advantage to fringe terror groups who are already ramping up in (London) Derry. We will also put the supply chains of hundreds of Northern Irish businesses at risk. But, again, I don't believe for a minute there any border posts or IT systems ready. This means we will still have a back door to the EU after "no deal", without a backstop.

Then there's fuel. The fact the government redacted this part of yellowhammer is worrying to anyone with half a brain.

Care to debunk the above with actual facts, without resorting to abuse?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

Yes we've gone vile. Sorry about that. It was a choice between that and being a Brexiteer and we just couldn't face the shame of the latter.

We do indeed need a catch up. Wine in wine glasses, not pint glasses :cheers:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It’s genuinely mind boggling isn’t it. I have a problem with my clock radio that it keeps tuning it’s self to 5 live. Like some recurring nightmare, where I wake up to leave voters phoning in and saying the most bizarre and duck up things. There was a guy from Ipswich saying “I’m not racist right, but I voted leave because of all the foreigners in my town” or the fella that said “we’re British what are people worried about, we can grow vegetables and eat rabbits, there’s plenty of them” it would actually be funny, but it is ducking tragic.

I heard that interview too.
Such attitudes are dispiriting and I am genuinely shocked by the covert, subliminal racism and pointless, empty bravado

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
This really reminds me of something that happened 19 years ago and was called the millennium bug , loads and loads of doomsday stuff for oils happen on January 1st 2000, did it ? , did it feck? Same as this old shite. They have had over 3 years to sort this out and yet they still want to postpone it yet again and then it will postponed again after that till they get another referendum . The consensus wanted out so let’s get out . Deal or no deal

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This really reminds me of something that happened 19 years ago and was called the millennium bug , loads and loads of doomsday stuff for oils happen on January 1st 2000, did it ? , did it feck? Same as this old shite. They have had over 3 years to sort this out and yet they still want to postpone it yet again and then it will postponed again after that till they get another referendum . The consensus wanted out so let’s get out . Deal or no deal

I envy the simplicity of your logic. It would be an easier life to just think that way. Likewise I envy the fact that you have obviously not been keeping in touch with this thread and seem unaware of the heated 'debate' going on for months - and so feel able to dive in and 'resolve the issue'.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

The "lets just get this DONE" mantra is what's so frustrating to me about this.

It's like buying a car you can't afford just because you've been in the showroom for too long. Sure it will be bumpy and I might lose my house and go bankrupt, but we have to get out of this bloody shop.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The reason that things didn't go wrong with the Millenium bug was because people worked long hours putting it right before it arrived. Warnings were heeded. I got paid £100 extra just for being on call out on New Year's Day. I wasn't called out so it was money for old rope.
Instead of heeding warnings, this time, people are putting their fingers in their ears, and chanting a mantra, but we won.
You won nothing but empty promises by rich disaster capitalists.

D

Deleted member 22389

Moderate worst case scenario. So there we have it, worst case.

It's amazing, you listen to Radio 4 and they speak to somebody from customs at Dover, who said they are prepared for No Deal, everything is calm.

Brexit day will be like any other day.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

It's amazing, you listen to Radio 4 and they speak to somebody from customs at Dover, who said they are prepared for No Deal, everything is calm.

Just have to believe eh? Just ignore all the indications that it wont.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

He's hardly going to say "it's going to be a terrible shambles" is he?

Did they speak to any Irish or French border officials? We can only control our own side. And did he say whther they were prepared because they were just going to carry on as normal or did he say they'd implement a whole new set of physical and information systems in a "big bang" go live on 1 November,

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Also they Boris, JRM and their cronies are desperate to get it done before we have to start applying the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive and they won't be able to shift money to low tax havens anymore.

Good grief, why do remainers have to keep posting this lie, fallacy, conspiracy theory ? So, YET AGAIN, here's the facts. EVERY condition under the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive that comes in to force next year is ALREADY in UK law. Boris, JRM and their cronies can't avoid it because it's ALREADY part of UK law. It really is very simple yet remainers can't seem to grasp this ….. and they call leavers thickos :facepalm:

Strangely every time this has been pointed out the remainer that posted the lie has failed to respond - possibly knowing how stupid they look.

There are two elements that are not in UK law …. yet …. and these do not come into effect in the EU until June 2022 - so nearly three years away. So hardly a reason to push through a quick Brexit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You burnt your own town
You burnt your own town
You stupid ********
You burnt your own town

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s the tunnel at Ashford that’s going to be the cluster****!

You only have to look at the £30m investment in barriers (that frustratingly slows current traffic down) to visualise the plans for 30+ miles of queueing lorries.

And you think it’ll be like any other day? Bizarre.

The far right’s operation brainwash has clearly had an effect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You didn't ask for mine.

I tend to believe Yellowhammer, not least because the government has tried to hide, obfuscate and spin it and yet it is based on known things, or facts as I like to call them, Following a no deal Brexit food prices will go up and there will be shortages. This will be because of delays in getting imports in to the country, changes in subsidies and tariffs and panicky idiots hording and panic buying. It will be worse in November precisely as per the BBC analysis I quoted -- because storage is geared up for Black Friday and Christmas.

Medicines will also be harder to come by and there is a real risk that some life saving medicine will not be available. This is again due to importing it.

Queues at the border will be a nightmare, unless the government takes the decision on this side of the border, to carry on as we have before. Even if they do we cannot legislate for what other EU states will do on their borders. This is the very opposite of taking back control. However, if we decide to operate a full border on this side we are screwed because I can promise you that the IT and systems changes needed to support this will not even have been tested by now.

By far the worst border issue will be Northern Ireland. If we return to a hard border then we break the GFA and risk the devolved government, handing the advantage to fringe terror groups who are already ramping up in (London) Derry. We will also put the supply chains of hundreds of Northern Irish businesses at risk. But, again, I don't believe for a minute there any border posts or IT systems ready. This means we will still have a back door to the EU after "no deal", without a backstop.

Then there's fuel. The fact the government redacted this part of yellowhammer is worrying to anyone with half a brain.

Care to debunk the above with actual facts, without resorting to abuse?
No idea why you are putting up with the continual abuse from this poster.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here