Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Get on with what? Come on give us some specifics. What are we going to get on with?

This is the problem you guys only have one plan, that is listening to project fear......and then panic.

You need to mix with more positive can-do attitude people. why not go and watch Mary mungo and midge all will be fine.

Procrastinating on a pc and listening to the media spin is not going to help.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Football , mortgage, medicines what planet are you on:mad:
Regards
DR
Probably hard to imagine when you can't afford your own house and don't go to football. Although I can't believe someone as odd as you isn't on some form of medication so you could come unstuck there :bigwave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the problem you guys only have one plan, that is listening to project fear......and then panic.

You need to mix with more positive can-do attitude people. why not go and watch Mary mungo and midge all will be fine.

Who is panicking? I am already organising how I am going to protest. Tally Ho.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's only a fight when the bullies smash you with some shots that are below the belt and then they expect us to cave in to them forevermore.

They need to have more respect for us being close allies and trading partners, they have not shown that at all with their actions, be it on their heads for their lack of movement because big bad Boris is going to wade in with some strong right-handers, watch them wobble.
Make no doubt they have underestimated us and our stamina, resilience and there is nothing better than an underdog winning in the final round.

punish:

I think you should prepare to be disappointed.

And any comments about the EU being "bullies" are delusional. They have been constant, and the stuff about the Irish backstop is about the welfare of the Irish people, those of whom are in the Republic will still be EU citizens after we leave. So they have every right to do what they think is best.

I see the word to describe the backstop now seems to be "anti-democratic" rather than "undemocratic". Can someone explain what that is supposed to mean, or is it just propaganda.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I 'd love to know what benefits i'm entitled too the only benefit i can think of is leaving the EU
Regards
DR

You are on sickness benefit and you probably get some form of PIP.
You saying "carry on as normal, it'll all be fine" is a bit like a draft dodger telling the real fighting men to stop whinging and get on with it.
You are the very worst our country has to offer.

D

Deleted member 2719

How have the bullies smashed us? Instead of mocking everything, have the courage of your convictions and give us specific examples of how the 'bullies' have smashed us, and when.

I have stuff to do.

Just think back on whats happen, I am sure you will be able to find lots of groin punches.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
That's because it is the truth! We will not be able to access isotpes for cancer treatement because no deal takes us out of Eurtom.
90% of our insulin comes from Denmark and has a limited shelf life.

Hauliers are telling us that even a two minute delay per lorry will cause 2 or 3 days delay at ports.

If you know this then the health secretary will know it too. Are you really saying that there is a risk that Britain's insulin dependent diabetics won't have their meds, that some govt dept will wake up on 1/11 and say, `christ we didn't think about that'. :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you know this then the health secretary will know it too. Are you really saying that there is a risk that Britain's insulin dependent diabetics won't have their meds, that some govt dept will wake up on 1/11 and say, `christ we didn't think about that'. :facepalm:

Being aware of a problem and being able to do something about it are two very different things.

Jan 30, 2008

Which has been proven on this thread over the last three years, where has it got them mouldy absoloutly no where going around in circles talking the same old doom and gloom it's not fair I can't accept the referendum result and here we are on the verge of leaving and they're still at it :mad:
Regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Cool, thanks for your re-assurance. Please let me know whats going to happen in the event of no deal. Who will we be trading with, and when, also how much more will that cost be to the country. Ill avoid media spin, and listen to you instead.
Im already looking forward to your detailed plans regarding WTO schedules.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Like Dominic Raab who said I didn't realise how important Dover was to freight traffic. Yes, that government department.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which has been proven on this thread over the last three years, where has it got them mouldy absoloutly no where going around in circles talking the same old doom and gloom it's not fair I can't accept the referendum result and here we are on the verge of leaving and they're still at it :mad:
Regards
DR

Well, Sicknote, I suppose people like you are used to living on a pittance and struggling week to week so you are probably better prepared than most. Those of us who actually work for a living and contribute to society rather than just take what they can get for free and actually have something to lose, are a little more concerned.

As I say, you're a draft dodger telling soldiers to "get on with it".

boik

You're right. He should have said "apart from turning the UK into a vassal state' after the word 'anything'.

Blimey, no wonder I've avoided this thread. People just throw emotive stock phrases back at you. So you genuinely believe that those nasty EU types wouldn't negotiate with us, and would be happy for us to get custom union benefits forever without contributing a penny. If Boris is so convinced about his alternative arrangements then surely the "insurance policy" of a hard border would never be needed. No wonder people have no faith in modern politicians.

Anyway, after dipping my toe in, I think I'll stick to football and music threads.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's only a fight when the bullies smash you with some shots that are below the belt and then they expect us to cave in to them forevermore.

They need to have more respect for us being close allies and trading partners, they have not shown that at all with their actions, be it on their heads for their lack of movement because big bad Boris is going to wade in with some strong right-handers, watch them wobble.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Make no doubt they have underestimated us and our stamina, resilience and there is nothing better than an underdog winning in the final round.

The reason why underdogs winning is brilliant is because underdogs rarely ever win. You also appear to be confusing the rules-based international order with the random draw of the FA Cup.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

When it comes to important things, I tend to listen to experts who know what they're talking about.

When I have a tooth that hurts, I consult a dentist. Not have a show of hands down the pub as to what they think the problem is.
When I have a pain in my knee, I consult a doctor. I don't ask the advice of the homeless chap who lives behind the Co-op up the road.
When I need some financial advice, I talk to a financial adviser. I don't turn to the stranger in the seat next to me at the Amex and ask what he thinks.

So when it comes to issues like supply chains, imports, businesses and the like, I listen to the people who understand what is going on. Not people like Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

punish:

Bless.

Team EU! We will smash Boris.

Jan 30, 2008
Look, much as you love to wallow in your blind ignorance and dogma, please just try for one second, to try to understand one simple truth.

Around half of the population of the UK (nobody knows exactly what % currently) do not agree with you that leaving the EU is a good thing. As such, they are not inclined to just merrily 'give it a go', 'roll up their sleeves', or just cross their fingers and hope for the best. IF it eventually happens, well THEN we will have no option but to make the best of the situation, but until such time as the deed is actually done, we're absolutely entitled to take every available legal opportunity to argue or fight against it.
Wasting yours and the country's time, its time to move on, no point in being in Denial its what the refetendum result asked for , i'm sorry you can't have everything you want your own way but you have to swallow your pride sometimes and move on in life? it's not the end of the world as some gloomsters would have you believe, I voted leave and EXPECT my vote to be enacted not devalued by sore losers
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here