Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
it is is no longer a question of IF the Government fails today:
the DUP (Sammy Wilson) plus Redwood , Grieve etc have said they wont vote for it :
the govt´s plan is dead :

listening this morning on the radio here and the fear for medical supplies in Germany:
cant see no deal either
is a mess for all sides

put your money on another referendum :
seems more likely than anything else
hope it comes quickly

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh sure. We have the people who understand and work in the industries saying "this will be a problem",

Correct.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And this is why some violence is inevitable. Because too many Remainers continue to argue their point in such condescendingly pious ways,

And Leavers mock and worse, threaten to find you.....presumably not to discuss Brexit in a polite peaceful manner. You don’t have to look any further than this thread for evidence of this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know how we are supposed to argue our point, for longer than 2 minutes, without being condescending?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
the DUP (Sammy Wilson) plus Redwood , Grieve etc have said they wont vote for it :

listening this morning on the radio here and the fear for medical supplies in Germany:
cant see no deal either
is a mess for all sides

hope it comes quickly

And that election ends up 52:48 to remain.

Your move!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My prediction FWIW:

The WA will pass today, as self-interest on the part of duplicitous far-right Tories, and corruption and bribery on the part of the DUP, edge it over the line. May will bow out, feted as a martyr by the press despite all her abject failures.

BigGully, 2Profs, JCFC, and most especially Bakerlite will be all over it celebrating 'WINNING' a toothless net-loss Brexit that they've all denounced repeatedly as the worst of all outcomes.

My prediction FWIW

It will fall short by 20-30 votes. I can't see enough Labour MP's voting for it countering the DUP and Tory Brexiteer and Tory Remainer rebels

Half the Remainers on here will claim the Tory Brexiteers who didn't vote for it have f'd up Brexit while the other half will claim the Tory Brexiteers that did vote for it are unprincipled turncoats. If parliament could be trusted to honour their promises and manifesto commitments no Brexiteer would need to vote for this obviously crappy deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales

True, but hardliners like Iain Duncan Smith, Boris Johnson, Dominic Raab, Jacob Rees-Mogg and others have aid they'll vote for the deal now (some may renege on that), but some Labour MPs will vote for it too.

It's a huge margin to close, but I'm pessimistic they might manage to get enough this afternoon.

I sincerely hope you're right, though.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'd love to know how we are supposed to argue our point, for longer than 2 minutes, without being condescending?

Trying to be balanced and not lapsing into stereotyping, I've thought for a long time that while Leavers are often insultingly and horribly self-righteously angry, Remainers have a tendency to patronise, piss-take and be unbearably smug. As one of the latter I do not exempt myself from this charge. Eventually we'll have to co-exist on this island so we might as well get used to the idea. Not so much 'get on with it' as 'get over it' - whichever side we are on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

cant see no deal either
is a mess for all sides

hope it comes quickly

I think that the WA will pass, just, with enough labour getting on board.

Either way it will be close this time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trying to be balanced and not lapsing into stereotyping, I've thought for a long time that while Leavers are often insultingly and horribly self-righteously angry, Remainers have a tendency to patronise, piss-take and be unbearably smug. As one of the latter I do not exempt myself from this charge. Eventually we'll have to co-exist on this island so we might as well get used to the idea. Not so much 'get on with it' as 'get over it' - whichever side we are on.

Oh most definitely I didn't write that as a 'look that them', it was very much look at us.

It seems cranking up to 11 is now how 'we' discuss everything until nothing can be discussed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And Leavers mock and worse, threaten to find you.....presumably not to discuss Brexit in a polite peaceful manner. You don’t have to look any further than this thread for evidence of this.

The trouble is, if you're on the winning side of anything and mock the losers, some amongst the latter aren't going to take it too well and that's when you're playing with fire. Especially in this scenario when it looks like the foundation of our society - democracy - has been messed with. The sense of betrayal and feelings of anger has reached dangerous levels and so, for purposes of your own self-preservation in public, it's not very intelligent to use words and/or the tone chosen by (and I admit, he's not exactly a minister or anyone of importance) Watford Zero.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Capture.JPG

Kate Hoey not voting for it either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here