Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's a good deal of discussion as to whether he could do that. It sounds like if the case goes against the government, the SC will put forward suitable action. One idea being discussed is that the Speaker and the Lord Speaker could recall parliament without the PM having any say.

But that's all for the future. We await the judgment and any remedy, if the plaintiff wins

If that happens Boris just suspends Parliament again and the court process starts again, presumably.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
OK especially for you ... my preferred option (which I mentioned some time ago) was a bespoke/Canada +++ type deal. The EU already offered something along these lines some time ago. Don't tell anyone else though.

https://www.conservativehome.com/pa...al-recognition-not-ongoing-harmonisation.html

https://www.conservativehome.com/tag/alternative-brexit-white-paper/page/2#

In other news, I see that the Austrians have blocked an EU trade deal with the Mercosur bloc (Brazil Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) after 20 years of negotiations. :facepalm:

https://www.reuters.com/article/eu-...iament-rejects-eu-mercosur-pact-idUSL5N26A11K

Putting the world before self interest? The ********.
So, you will be campaigning against a no deal then?

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Okay, I may have got this one wrong in this picture, but the man is clearly a danger and an IRA sympathiser.
I can not say my source but you will have to trust me on this one.

Oh my god, you utter goon.
What do you mean by got this one wrong, you get them all wrong.
Even 2 Profs wouldn't have made that cock up and he is as thick as a plank.
No offense intended.
Regards
RC

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Would anyone really vote for someone who so clearly puts their political career ahead of what the country wants???

It’s just lunacy people that are saying this policy is undemocratic, or not what the people want. The Lib Dem’s can only revoke article 50 if they are the party in power. For that to happen they would need a majority in parliament. And for that to happen, more people would need to vote for them than any other party. Meaning revoke article 50 would become the WILL OF THE PEOPLE! Its quite simple really.
I don’t actually think an election is the way out of this mess, as I think the remain vote will be split between labour and Lib Dem, and the conservatives will squeeze themselves back in for another period of austerity and cuts, possibly propped up by Farage this time rather than the DUP. What a joyful prospect.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OK especially for you ... my preferred option (which I mentioned some time ago) was a bespoke/Canada +++ type deal. The EU already offered something along these lines some time ago. Don't tell anyone else though.

https://www.conservativehome.com/pa...al-recognition-not-ongoing-harmonisation.html

https://www.conservativehome.com/tag/alternative-brexit-white-paper/page/2#

In other news, I see that the Austrians have blocked an EU trade deal with the Mercosur bloc (Brazil Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) after 20 years of negotiations. :facepalm:

https://www.reuters.com/article/eu-...iament-rejects-eu-mercosur-pact-idUSL5N26A11K

Would that be the one specifically designed for the Canadian economy and their GDP breakdown that they have been negotiating for over 10 years now, still isn't fully implemented and has no aspect of services whatsoever ? Even though their economy doesn't resemble Britain's in any shape or form whatsoever (completely ignoring the geographical differences).

That deal which has been specifically negotiated to suit the relationship and comparatively simple trade links between Canada and the EU is, coincidentally exactly the 'good deal' that Britain has been looking for ?

Righty Oh

Shall I file this alongside your suggestion 'I don't know why we can't just give unilateral notice on the backstop' ? :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
If would completely undermine the EU's position on the Norway agreement if we are to be offered better terms.

Keep dreaming though.Every single justification you have ever put forward has been rebutted. Bar none.

Seems like JCDrunker might be sobering up., ready for Brexit Mikey ?_

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
If would completely undermine the EU's position on the Norway agreement if we are to be offered better terms.

Keep dreaming though.Every single justification you have ever put forward has been rebutted. Bar none.

Seems like JCDrunker might be sobering up., ready for Brexit Mikey ?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Seems like JCDrunker might be sobering up., ready for Brexit Mikey ?
Looks like he wasnt the only one drinking.
Making yours a double I see.

You'd think a leave.eu stooge such as yourself would be better informed. Looks like they picked the wrong racist #ad

Have you found a justification for paying the EU £300m more per annum than we currently do in order to waive our membership benefits????????

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oh my god, you utter goon.
What do you mean by got this one wrong, you get them all wrong.
Even 2 Profs wouldn't have made that cock up and he is as thick as a plank.
No offense intended.
Regards
RC

Honestly, I saw this utter idiocy before I went to work, today, and it kept me chuckling to myself, throughout. Best be careful, mind, as he'll be warning of even MORE blood to be spilled. :)

Utter plum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leavers have not 'won' as you so eloquently put it. The vote was to leave the EU, last I saw we're still in the thing, and continue to chuck money at them. Money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Please accept that there will not be any more cash to spend after Brexit unless we borrow it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Okay, I may have got this one wrong in this picture, but the man is clearly a danger and an IRA sympathiser.
I can not say my source but you will have to trust me on this one.

:lol:

I can not say my source.....of a factually wrong, shoddy as f*** meme.

Why? Because it's embarrassing for them?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
:lol:

I can not say my source.....of a factually wrong, shoddy as f*** meme.

Why? Because it's embarrassing for them?

He cannot reveal his source as he is talking out of his arse. I for one am grateful he is not revealing his source.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its pretty fun people actually claim they know what would happen economically if there was a Brexit when there is so many factors involved its really not possible. Yeah you might be able to figure out approximately what would happen the year after or so, but 5-10 years? Impossible.

Not really following this debate a lot since it is incredibly toxic, but I think none-economic factors seem to be really overlooked in this question. People should think more about how they want to be ruled, or rule...

I've always been anti-EU and not because of economical reasons really: rather I feel that decisions regarding my country (and in the end, me) should be done... you know.. in my country, and not in Brussels.

I realise the UK was probably more in line with EU than we were in Sweden when we joined in 95, but for us it has really meant we more or less got forced into the neo-liberal Thatcher bullshit and forced to remove the Social Democratic model - "Folkhemmet" - we built in the 1930s-1950s and that had served us well. Not saying it wouldnt have happened anyway, but all the EU directives forced us out of it regardless of what we would have wanted.

The economical part is important of course, but in an even wider perspective, its about whether you could accept a United States of Europe or not. To me, its a no,

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Its pretty fun people actually claim they know what would happen economically if there was a Brexit when there is so many factors involved its really not possible. Yeah you might be able to figure out approximately what would happen the year after or so, but 5-10 years? Impossible.

Not really following this debate a lot since it is incredibly toxic, but I think none-economic factors seem to be really overlooked in this question. People should think more about how they want to be ruled, or rule...

I've always been anti-EU and not because of economical reasons really: rather I feel that decisions regarding my country (and in the end, me) should be done... you know.. in my country, and not in Brussels.

I realise the UK was probably more in line with EU than we were in Sweden when we joined in 95, but for us it has really meant we more or less got forced into the neo-liberal Thatcher bullshit and forced to remove the Social Democratic model - "Folkhemmet" - we built in the 1930s-1950s and that had served us well. Not saying it wouldnt have happened anyway, but all the EU directives forced us out of it regardless of what we would have wanted.

The economical part is important of course, but in an even wider perspective, its about whether you could accept a United States of Europe or not. To me, its a no,

Your emotions rather than a global economic reality then.
Frankly I would trust the EU's (which has a large UK representation) decisions way more than the decisions of the self serving shower we currently have in power.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I feel that decisions regarding my country (and in the end, me) should be done... you know.. in my country, and not in Brussels.

Ultimately they are and always have been.

We have been choosing an option where we allow some descions to be made by others, but it's always been our choice to do this (in return for numerous benefits). Ultimately, as a fully sovereign nation, we have been choosing these descions, not Brussels.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your emotions rather than a global economic reality then.

Yeah, thats one way of putting it, if you see politics as nothing more than economy.

My "emotions" about the privatization of our infrastructure, schools, healthcare, (soon) police, natural resources etc are indeed pretty strong. My "emotions" about EU free market laws making our state unable to do i.e. like in the 60s - building a million homes to deal with homelessnes - are pretty strong. My "emotions" about EU slowly destroying the in Sweden historically very strong rights for employees vs their employers are also pretty strong. And it goes on, almost to the point where my "emotions" overload and turn in to so called "reasonable ****ing opinions".

Jan 30, 2008
Looks like he wasnt the only one drinking.
Making yours a double I see.

You'd think a leave.eu stooge such as yourself would be better informed. Looks like they picked the wrong racist #ad

Have you found a justification for paying the EU £300m more per annum than we currently do in order to waive our membership benefits????????

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I don't have justify anything Mikey, if ,might and maybe aren't on my agenda, Get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This. If enough people vote Lib Dem to revoke A50 then clearly the country has moved on and this is the current majority position.

It’s just lunacy people that are saying this policy is undemocratic, or not what the people want. The Lib Dem’s can only revoke article 50 if they are the party in power. For that to happen they would need a majority in parliament. And for that to happen, more people would need to vote for them than any other party. Meaning revoke article 50 would become the WILL OF THE PEOPLE! Its quite simple really.
I don’t actually think an election is the way out of this mess, as I think the remain vote will be split between labour and Lib Dem, and the conservatives will squeeze themselves back in for another period of austerity and cuts, possibly propped up by Farage this time rather than the DUP. What a joyful prospect.

The problem being, thanks to FPTP, the Lib Dems could have a majority government on around 38% of the vote. The rest of the 62% would be Tory ( hard leave ), Labour ( soft leave ), Brexit ( hard leave ) and SNP ( hard remain but overall they get a very small percentage of the overall vote when compared to the seats they get ). So splitting the vote percentages between the leave and remain parties could well mean well over 50% of people have voted for a leave party yet A50 would be revoked against the majority wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here