Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
As has been stated numerous times we have already successfully negotiated numerous trade agreements? 30billion of the 289 ... good going.
What was the result of the last referendum in Scotland?
Nobody is 'talking up' terrorism. People are evaluating a real threat to peace in N.Ireland, because of a cluster**** of a decision.
Cheap stunt by the PM of Luxembourg? Really? Well, maybe they should have put more effort into rigging up all the necessary hardware for his office, in a few minutes, and cramming 124 journalists into it.
As for your chart delivered by the Brexiteers... brilliant.
What would stop the UK being allied with the US in a war with Iran, when we are so desperately seeking a trade deal with the US?

Also, as a champion of Brexit, what do you consider to be a good deal?

For your clarification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwsiDJAdX7k

Any good News from the Czech republic ? zzzzzzz
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In the event of a no-deal which we were talking about If the EU insists the Irish put up a hard border against their wishes I expect they would do the same to Scotland.

Oh I see, so you're slowly coming round to realising that every land border in the world with differing customs/legal/regulatory jurisdictions and equivalences have hard infrastructure and checks, but you're just now down to blaming that on The EU. I suppose you're getting there slowly though, so that's good.

Out of interest, in the 70 years of Irish partitioning until The Maastricht Treaty, who's fault was it there was a hard border in Ireland with customs posts? Who's fault was it in the 1930's, for example, because you couldn't blame that on The EU?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Closing argument from Miller rep:

O’Neill is winding up now.

I say to this court ... stand up for the truth, stand up for reason, stand up for unity in diversity, stand up for parliament, stand up for democracy by dismissing this government’s appeal and uphold a constitution governed by laws and not the passing whims of men.

We’ve got hear the mother of parliaments being shut down by the father of lies. Rather than allowing lies to triumph, listen to the angels of your better nature and rule that this prorogation is unlawful and an abuse of power which has been entrusted to the government.

This government is showing itself unworthy of our trust as it uses the powers of its office in a manner that is corrosive of the constitution and destructive of the system of parliamentary representative democracy on which our union polity is founded.

Enough is enough. Dismiss this appeal, and let them know that. That’s what truth speaking to power sounds like.

The court adjourns until tomorrow.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Compare the Treasury predictions with the actual employment rate? ... which is what that chart does.

So you should be able to easily verify the figures then?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Can you verify the figures from an impartial source?

I've just downloaded what I believe is the source data from the ONI and it does indeed have 'total employment' (000s) down as 32,777.

We are still currently in the EU of course. So whilst the Treasury predictions appear to have been unfounded I'm inclined to believe this chart would look different had we left when originally planned.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The most incredible thing about this clip is the ease with which Johnson lies, it's as easy to him as breathing. He literally looks right at the cameras and denies they are there. It's gobsmacking.

His first reaction isn’t to answer the main question on NHS or to calm the parent - but to lie.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How's the EU US trade deal coming on? As for Canada and Japan .... a lot quicker than it took the EU.

Blimey, is that the best you've got...

14% of 3rd country rollovers done in terms of trade £££, that's not what Liam Fox said was it?

So how long will we trade with Canada and Japan on bare WTO? And do think it will be better than the EU deal?

Forget the US for a long time if we break an International Peace treaty in Ireland....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here