Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You only started championing the Union WHEN you could associate its demise with Brexit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you are finally starting to realise Brexit is putting our own Union in peril. You voted for a government that put customs borders up within it and has failed to adopted a 4 nation approach during the Brexit process.

The prospect of this was discussed before the vote in 2016 and Brexiters dismissed it as project fear. You do need to take some responsibility and not pretend this has come out of nowhere

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tale of the Wine Importer, what a mess....

Over the past 15 days I have not only been running my company as normal but I have been faced with largest threat to its future since it began in 1992. This is #Brexit & here is my thread on just how bad things are getting....

https://twitter.com/DanielLambert29/status/1350367078662987777

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's almost like there has been a global pandemic causing immense economic damage causing governments across the world to reassess their commitments.

Would you regard regaining full control of setting tax rates meaning we can finally abolish the tampon tax as a positive?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ireland abolished its tampon tax on 1st January 2020, and is still an EU country.

Jan 30, 2008
Any news on the Emergency Budget ,Dover seems to be coping OK, I got what I wanted food wise this week the sun is in the sky seems like another ordinary day
Regards
DF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ireland abolished its tampon tax on 1st January 2020, and is still an EU country.
*sigh* As I explained to you last time Ireland had zero rate before the EU brought in the vat restrictions. All other EU countries are still prevented from lowering the rate.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
which this government voted against btw

It was always easy for Tory critics of the EU to blame the EU for " Imposing " various rules and regs while wanting/needing to impose them anyway ! We usually always had the option to opt out of most legislation anyway, so, it was handy to blame the Bogeyman EU and just shrug and say " It's not us, its them ".

The government will have no one else to blame when the alleged benefits of leaving fail to materialise, and thanks to the Covid crisis, they are going to have to try to claw back £billions in order to try to become the party of " Fiscal Probity" again. So, expect plenty of misery as we remain shackled, this time to Tory policies that we are unable to opt out of.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Incorrect, I'm afraid. There are around 66.8m UK citizens, and in the region of 46.6m were eligible and registered to vote in the EU referendum. 17,410,742 voted to leave. That's 26% of UK citizens and 37.4% of the electorate. Neither of those figures represents a majority. However, a small majority of those who actually voted put a cross in the leave box.

Happy to help.

Interesting figures.

So if 26% of UK citizens and 37.4% of the electorate voted to leave, how many voted to remain?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I notice most of the usernames below I have on ignore have been quite active since the end of transition. I wonder what it is I'm actually missing out on? Could it be sensible, substantive discussion accentuating the positives of Brexit with credible explanations on how problems and nuances can be practically and proactively overcome? Or is it just inane sneering, innocuous insults (accusing someone of being a paedophile not withstanding) straw clutching, whataboutery, excitable interminable regurgitation of 3 word soundbites with no substance coupled with links to The Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph, Guido Fawkes and Youtube?

On balance and looking at those usernames again, I suspect it's probably the latter. Never mind.

twats.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here