Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you'll find that those last three dregs of a Brexit 'defence' [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] decided that a 'tactical retreat' was in order a few days ago, together with [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] and his friend [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] :dunce:

If it has finally occurred to them, it just shows how desperate it has become.

If you look at the 246 people who voted 'Leave' at the top of every page of this thread, many of whom are still active all over NSC, it is incredible that 9 months in, not one of them feels able to defend the complete and utter clusterf*** that anyone with a modicum of understanding always said it was going to be.

And we still haven't implemented a Northern Ireland border solution, we have no import controls whatsoever and we have no idea what we will do about our financial services industry haemorrhaging business to financial centres all over the world.

And this will be on top of the current problems across the industries of export, logistics, care, Fruit and veg picking, food preparation, hospitality, fishing, HGV etc etc etc

But they obviously knew what they were voting for :shootself

The list is still growing TBH, almost every industry seems to have relied on either cheap, easy EU imports or cheap EU workers at some level in their business model. At the time of the referendum some of us saw the potential pitfalls of leaving but none imagined the complexity and the depth of the problems.

It's been like those Russian wooden dolls, so many layers of problems are being revealed, we will survive and adapt but we have to accept that all these shortages of labour, goods and the increase in red tape ( the reason for allegedly leaving !) will end up with most of us paying more and having less choice across society. We have now reached the stage where we have " indefinitely " delayed introducing the NI Protocol that apparently was an " Oven Ready " Brexit Deal as it is impossible to implement without NI exploding in to violence and recrimination. Can't wait for the next few onion skins when we have to try to implement border checks on EU imports .

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The list is still growing TBH, almost every industry seems to have relied on either cheap, easy EU imports or cheap EU workers at some level in their business model. At the time of the referendum some of us saw the potential pitfalls of leaving but none imagined the complexity and the depth of the problems.

It's been like those Russian wooden dolls, so many layers of problems are being revealed, we will survive and adapt but we have to accept that all these shortages of labour, goods and the increase in red tape ( the reason for allegedly leaving !) will end up with most of us paying more and having less choice across society. We have now reached the stage where we have " indefinitely " delayed introducing the NI Protocol that apparently was an " Oven Ready " Brexit Deal as it is impossible to implement without NI exploding in to violence and recrimination. Can't wait for the next few onion skins when we have to try to implement border checks on EU imports .

I’m still here cupcakes.
The war is over, go back to your families, move on with your lives.
We are all leavers now.
Post Brexit Britain is BOOMING.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I’m still here cupcakes.
The war is over, go back to your families, move on with your lives.
We are all leavers now.
Post Brexit Britain is BOOMING.

You have my sympathy

You seem to have repeated your slogan so many times that your mind is locked and bolted in an alternative reality. Your words are now meaningless....

Repeat after me.....

There was no war

'Go back to your families' and 'move on with your lives' is incoherent cant in this context

We are not all Leavers, anymore than Afghans are all Taliban

Post Brexit Britain is struggling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJp0NJcAhc

I wish you a full and fast recovery. Do not panic when the light dawns.....just acknowledge your error and I for one will welcome your change of mind. Under that macho exterior, I recognise you are sensitive, sentient being..

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am sincerely sorry for you.

You seem to have repeated your slogan so many times that your mind is locked and bolted in an alternative reality. Your words are now meaningless....

Repeat after me.....

There was no war

'Go back to your families' and 'move on with your lives' is incoherent cant in this context

We are not all Leavers, anymore than Afghans are all Taliban

Post Brexit Britain is struggling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJp0NJcAhc

I wish you a full and fast recovery. Do not panic when the light dawns.....

It just means 'Suffer in Silence'.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I’ll be taking no lectures off of a pothead, thank you very much.
We are not at home to negative Nerris, the war is over, we’re all leavers now.

For goodness' sake stop Baker lite! You are in danger of being a victim multiple times....

First you were a victim of the Brexit lies of the Leave lobby....

Then you are were a victim of their continued propaganda by constantly repeating the Brexiters' 'Britain is booming' (without evidence) chant...

Now you are in danger of being a victim of the teasing laughter of people whose real lives have been changed for the worse by Brexit. Because you are insulting their lived experience and intelligence.

For your own sake if nothing else, stop!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think you'll find that those last three dregs of a Brexit 'defence' [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] decided that a 'tactical retreat' was in order a few days ago, together with [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] and his friend [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] :dunce:

If it has finally occurred to them, it just shows how desperate it has become.

If you look at the 246 people who voted 'Leave' at the top of every page of this thread, many of whom are still active all over NSC, it is incredible that 9 months in, not one of them feels able to defend the complete and utter clusterf*** that anyone with a modicum of understanding always said it was going to be.

And we still haven't implemented a Northern Ireland border solution, we have no import controls whatsoever and we have no idea what we will do about our financial services industry haemorrhaging business to financial centres all over the world. Getting Brexit done :facepalm:

And this will be on top of the current problems across the industries of export, logistics, care, Fruit and veg picking, food preparation, hospitality, fishing, HGV etc etc etc

But they obviously knew what they were voting for :shootself

Excellent post, full of insight, common sense and alacrity.

Then you went and edited it and yet again it's all drivel.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent post, full of insight, common sense and alacrity.

Then you went and edited it and yet again it's all drivel.

And talking of complete drivel

:lolol::lolol: Never have, never will.

I have voted Labour many, many times.

Never again.
Now there's an interesting conundrum.

You're one of the most ardent Brexit supporters on here
You have never and will never vote Conservative
You will never vote Labour again

So which pro-Brexit candidate had the pleasure of your vote to become MP at the last election ???

???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ah but look on the bright side, the likes of Lightly Baked, Chicken Shit and The Fairy can go for a swim now and not feel so alone, there will be plenty of other turds with them.......

"Government says polluters can dump raw sewage into rivers as Brexit disrupts water treatment "

http://https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-raw-sewerage-water-treatment-b1915765.html

Oh for the good old days of Future Brexit when there was going to be £350m a week going to the NHS and our EU level food and health standards would remain or even become stricter ! So, an increase in NI to fund the NHS and we can now legally pollute our rivers, I wonder where our Unicorns will find clean water ?

Our rivers have amongst the poorest health in Europe already

#countingthecostofbrexit

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
...and this is how it now develops. The majority on here put out more and more evidence of problems caused or exacerbated by Brexit with occasional 'you were warned' reminders to the cognitively challenged Leave zealots; meanwhile a defiant few Brexit diehards are reduced from declaring the many benefits to leaving the EU (before we left) to either telling us it's done so there's nothing we can do about it, vacuous slogans and/or truly mind-numbing 'we're still here' declarations.

How low the foolish have fallen!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...and this is how it now develops. The majority on here put out more and more evidence of problems caused or exacerbated by Brexit with occasional 'you were warned' reminders to the cognitively challenged Leave zealots; meanwhile a defiant few Brexit diehards are reduced from declaring the many benefits to leaving the EU (before we left) to either telling us it's done so there's nothing we can do about it, vacuous slogans and/or truly mind-numbing 'we're still here' declarations.

Well observed. I tend not to contribute to this thread for exactly that reason. Most Brexit people still contributing on here are utter cretins who refuse to acknowledge the damage it is causing despite the weight of evidence. We've moved on from theory, we are now seeing the reality. The erosion of standards, the damage to the union in Ireland and Scotland, the logistical difficulties, the labour shortages, and so on. It is obvious to everyone except those too ignorant to admit they were wrong or too stupid to put together coherent arguments as to where the benefits actually are.

They are a lost cause. When the movement for getting us back into the EU begins I hope we don't waste time trying to convince these people why it needs to be done.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post

...oh I forgot to include the tedious mind games from one charismatically challenged Leave devotee.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Look, people just need to accept that sewage in the water supply is the will of the people. 17.4m people knew exactly what they were voting for, and more sewage all over the place is one of those things.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Look, people just need to accept that sewage in the water supply is the will of the people. 17.4m people knew exactly what they were voting for, and more sewage all over the place is one of those things.

A perfect illustration of the overriding problem is right here.

Instead of a calm reasoned debate, slightly aggressive posts commencing with words such a 'Look' (as discussed in the disliked phrases thread) do nothing to try and proceed in a manner of entente cordiale. The easiest way for the nation to move forward is with as much harmony as possible.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
A perfect illustration of the overriding problem is right here.

Instead of a calm reasoned debate, slightly aggressive posts commencing with words such a 'Look' (as discussed in the disliked phrases thread) do nothing to try and proceed in a manner of entente cordiale. The easiest way for the nation to move forward is with as much harmony as possible.

Not with psychologically manipulative behaviour then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here