Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's taken three democratic results to secure what the majority voted for in 2016, I am sure no one can seriously challenge democratic legitimacy anymore. Time to move on .... let's get Brexit done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Time to put up AND shut up.

I've just listened to a couple of talking heads saying 'it's not over etc'.

It is and we have to deal with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's taken three democratic results to secure what the majority voted for in 2016, I am sure no one can seriously challenge democratic legitimacy anymore. Time to move on .... let's get Brexit done.

It'll be a soft one. ERG hardliners not pulling the strings as much. The EU will be well aware of how helpful Johnson's majority is to them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

As a Remainer in the vote, I wholeheartedly agree. The clue is in the word democratic but I still know plenty of people who hoped for the madness of another referendum and all that would bring. Interesting that Boris is now expected to soften his Brexit approach.

Scotland is the new problem for Boris.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As a Remainer in the vote, I wholeheartedly agree. The clue is in the word democratic but I still know plenty of people who hoped for the madness of another referendum and all that would bring. Interesting that Boris is now expected to soften his Brexit approach.

Scotland is the new problem for Boris.

This General Election WAS the second referendum!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And 52% of people voted for a party offering a second referendum or remain.

Not sure what to do with that fact
Best put it under your pillow and dream about it, I guess. I don't know for definite, but I'm pretty sure that British governments have rarely, if ever, had more than 50% of the vote.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And 52% of people voted for a party offering a second referendum or remain.

Not sure what to do with that fact

For your own sanity........

maxresdefault.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For your own sanity........

View attachment 118158

Just replying to someone who suggested the election last night was a proxy second referendum, well if it was, leave lost the vote, but of course won the war.

I would have liked to have grabbed the lapels of people like Redwood in the 90's and shouted "let it go". But he didn't, so I shan't either. We'll rejoin one day :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just replying to someone who suggested the election last night was a proxy second referendum, well if it was, leave lost the vote, but of course won the war.

I would have liked to have grabbed the lapels of people like Redwood in the 90's and shouted "let it go". But he didn't, so I shan't either. We'll rejoin one day :thumbsup:

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if the country in years to come decided to rejoin the EU. I hope if there is a referendum many moons from now after we have left and the rejoin mob wins then that referendum result will be respected and the country doesnt go all undemocratic loon and say " screw that instruction, lets stay out instead"........that sort of lib dem tomfoolery is toxic. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

#together

Please, can we all come to together behind Brexit and support our country now.

#together we can be Great Britain again.

#backbritain

Please reach out your hand of friendship on here and tell stories of how we can go forward.

I will pledge to back British business on a local and worldwide stage.

Who's in?:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully Johnson will see the light and sneak in an intention to join the European Free Trade Association amongst his future waffle - it wouldn't prevent his desired trade deal with the US, and will give us a handful of other trade deals to pick and choose from while we get back on our feet starting from a zero base.

Well that's my hope anyway. He can do what he wants now.

Oh, and Corbyn - you have to go today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here