Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm amazed he's still on here too.

Point me to a single post that breaks the board rules since his last ban and I’m sure the mod team will consider it. None of the reported ones have, however. Especially the “three wise monkeys” one.

The report button is your friend, but use it appropriately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
No. I clearly did it AFTER :ffsparr:
Answer the question: if you are convinced they are a racist why do you continue to allow them to post here?

Being suspected of having racist thoughts isn’t a reason for punishment. That’s not how a liberal democracy works.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, but that is not what I said was it! They HAVE been given tempory bans for racism on the past and allowed back. I have been threatened with a PERMANANT ban for nothing even close to as bad as that - just reporting offensive posts. All I can conclude from this is that NSC deems over reporting more abhorent than racism. Odd. Very odd.

Plooks, I cannot abide the vile, stupid and clearly (to me) racist poster that is the fairy. However, you're calling it (for that's how I think of him/her) for the smallest and most inconclusive of reasons.
I could easily block it, but I won't because I believe in giving someone enough rope to hang themselves, and eventually, it will, and I want to be around to see it.
Bide your time, reign in the protests and let Darwinism take it's course.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I hope you are right. But I fear that, just like before, they will just be given a temporary ban slap in the wrist and allowed back.

If that proves to be the case, then complain accordingly, if/when it happens. In the meantime, try to avoid getting yourself a ban for being...let's say....'over enthusiastic'. :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I hope you are right. But I fear that, just like before, they will just be given a temporary ban slap in the wrist and allowed back.

So despite not a single person supporting your shout of 'racist', you still believe you're correct ? If what you are claiming - that the board is racist and the mods are racist ( or at least sympathisers to racism ) why are you still here ?5

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Point me to a single post that breaks the board rules since his last ban and I’m sure the mod team will consider it. None of the reported ones have, however. Especially the “three wise monkeys” one.

The report button is your friend, but use it appropriately

Don't patronise me. Unfortunately NSC can sometimes be a very "safe space" for some people with some very dubious views, who invariably aren't here to talk about football.

The likes of Looney, Bushy and now this idiot are/were allowed to stink this place out for far too long.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Because they won't delete all my posts!

What the fvck are you on about ? You want all your posts deleted ? If so just ask - there is a right to be forgotten.

And if you didn't post shit then you wouldn't want it deleted would you !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
This in a nutshell.
It would probably help if there was a sticky post outlining the rules and what offenses get what bans. As it stands the system is extremely vague.

No, no it isn't vague. It's very simple - don't post like a prick and you don't get banned .... simples.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No, no it isn't vague. It's very simple - don't post like a prick and you don't get banned .... simples.

But some posters get away with for a very long time. It's often quite subtle and it's the build up of posts rather than individual ones.

I'm not talking about a Remain V Leave spat, I'm talking about links to websites where you a click or two away from hate content.

NSC have over time been a safe space for some individuals with very far right views.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Ok. Sorry I clearly do not have an innate NSC clique ability to know what 10 infraction points means. Care to explain?

Yes - it means you've posted something stupid or been a troll ..... the second option for you I would guess !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
But some posters get away with for a very long time. It's often quite subtle and it's the build up of posts rather than individual ones.

I'm not talking about a Remain V Leave spat, I'm talking about links to websites where you a click or too away from hate content that would be illegal in this country.

NSC have over time been a safe space for some individuals with very far right views.

Utter rubbish. Provide one of those links - one of the ones where you are 'a click or too (sic) away' from hate content ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Utter rubbish. Provide one of those links - one of the ones where you are 'a click or too (sic) away' from hate content ?

You need to take closer look. Looney was posting (often quite subtlety) links to a variety of dubious USA websites or even links to individuals on YouTube with some very dodgy beliefs.

They have also been a few posters on here over the years who used to site to promote far-right views, openly supporting the BNP for instance.

If it was rubbish those posters wouldn't have been banned on a number of occasions and subsequently banned for ever. My problem is how long they are allowed to stick around. I had along debate with a moderator on here a while back. With all good intentions they felt is what better they were "debated" out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
You need to take closer look. Looney was posting (often quite subtlety) links to a variety of dubious USA websites or even links to individuals on YouTube with some very dodgy beliefs.

They have also been a few posters on here over the years who used to site to promote far-right views, openly supporting the BNP for instance.

If it was rubbish those posters wouldn't have been banned on a number of occasions and subsequently banned for ever. My problem is how long they are allowed to stick around. I had along debate with a moderator on here a while back. With all good intentions they felt is what better they were "debated" out.

Looney is permanently banned. So is Bushy. You need to report posts by ppf if you think he deserves the same.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looney is permanently banned. So is Bushy. You need to report posts by ppf if you think he deserves the same.

Repeating what I just said doesn't really add to the debate and I'm not sure you get it. It's the time they are allowed to stick around.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apart from his user name and sign off, which was addressed by the mods, Ppf largely just post pro-brexit drivel, embarrassing to both sides of the debate. If he posts anything overtly racist, report it and it’ll be dealt with. I personally believe he is racist but I don’t think the monkey thing was racist. Past that, I’d just engage with those you like and respect on here and ignore the fool.
You’re a good poster, don’t waste your time on idiots like Ppf.
There’s plenty of other idiots on here who are much better posters :) and as is always the case if you don’t like what NSC has to offer, you can always start your own BHA site.
We could all go for a curry to celebrate it’s launch:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Repeating what I just said doesn't really add to the debate and I'm not sure you get it. It's the time they are allowed to stick around.

To be frank, if you can’t out argue and ridicule the likes of those three you might as well not bother. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

I didn’t have you down for an oppressor of free speech. I’m quite disappointed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here