Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course people are ‘allowed’ (unless something illegal is occurring), but the usurping of democracy is shameful.

Doesn't the first half of your post contradict the second half?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Pretty obvious, not many proud Englishman were going to go on that march ....

Time for you to finally come to terms with the fact we are a decent, fair-minded, democratic country that enacts democratic results nicko. Hopefully you can get on with your life and do something worthwhile with all your spare time.

I guess all the proud Englishmen were waving their flags at this march.

[tweet]1010592264018636801[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Pretty big issue to leave unresolved isn't it?

Do you trust the proven liar who is now PM or the Brexit Secretary that doesn't seem to know the rules? Or neither?

i wouldn't trust any of them as far as i could throw them. but this is how things are, politicians could be out of office by the next month, we rely on others to implement legislation into actual processes. normally we dont watch the making of the legislation sausage from field to supermarket, just eat them at the end. lots of messy stages in between.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
In my opinion Boris has a bye in the next election, which is a great shame. If Starmer had been Labour leader at this point he would wipe the floor with bungling Boris.

Agree with the first bit. Not so sure about the second. Too many people buy the bullshit Boris image.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Is Corbyn really the best the Labour Party can do? They should smash this shower in an election. David Miliband for example. Shame they’ve decided to be Momentum’s mouthpiece

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let's not forget the only thing Tory members were prepared to say they would stop Brexit for would be if Brexit meant Corbyn in No.10.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is Corbyn really the best the Labour Party can do? They should smash this shower in an election. David Miliband for example. Shame they’ve decided to be Momentum’s mouthpiece

Isn't that what Theresa May thought ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But only 5 of them voted with the Government on the programme motion, thus meaning 14 of those you're applauding voted to delay Brexit, or abstain, for whatever their reasons ultimately may be.

I haven't look through all of them but it seems a lot of these Labour MPs have Tory's close in second place.

I wonder how many voted tactically (possibly with the Whip's backing) on the 2nd reading to help their chances in the GE.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's going to be a long way back to credibility for many of these negative self-serving time-wasting pompous wankers in parliament. If for no other reason, this has been a valuable exercise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If we do end up leaving , at the very least Brexiteers have been shown that you don’t just ride roughshod over democracy because you have strong feelings about something. This is due process. This is how government works. You don’t get to pick the bits you like just because you feel something.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The DUP voted all three times AGAINST Mays deal not with her.I see why you think it was solely down to the ERG killing her on the deal

My mistake, mea culpa. The DUP have really played a blinder then. Not supported May despite her red line about No Border in the Irish Sea, believed Boris when he said he'd keep that promise, then watch on as he does exactly what he said he wouldn't do then wins a majority for it in Parliament, then they realise he can win a vote even without their support.

Even worse, whilst Stormont sits empty Westminster has abortion decriminalised and gay marriage permitted in Northern Ireland.

Now they know how the Lib Dems feel about getting f*cked over by the Tories.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I guess so given she went to the country but she beat him albeit with a smaller majority. Are you indicating Corbyn is the answer?

He's always pilloried for being a Commie/ Traitor/ Racist etc etc but somehow is still in the job while on the other side of the House, the party of probity, common sense and fiscal competence ( Allegedly ! ) have fallen out like rats in a barrel and shafted each other ? He may well be the solution, especially as Boris has had to admit that the time of austerity has to end and we have to put back the money cut from Education, the Police and the NHS , all Labour policies long before the Tories thought it prudent to adopt.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I blame Len McCluskey, the leader of Unite the Union, and I left his union because of it - I am working down towards retirement anyway, but...….

McCluskey supported Ed Miliband against David in that leadership election. I am convinced that if David had got it, he would have won the next election..... or at least done well enough to survive as leader and win the following election.
McCluskey is also a great friend of and supporter of Corbyn. I've actually met Corbyn and spoken to him a couple of times and on a one to one he's actually OK. But I abhor the politics that surround him, the deselection stuff going on and so on. I detest the "If you're not for us, you're against us" sort of attitude.

And I am not a "there's no smoke without fire" sort of person, but there are some impressive people have resigned from the party because of him, particularly around anti-Semitism.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour will have a hard time as their stance is to do a laboir brexit. Brexit is unacceptable to the majority of the electorate now. Mind you, you only need about 30% to get absolute power in our terrible sham of a "democracy" so maybe they are ok.

need more than that, 38-40%? depends on turnout and how the votes fall in the safe seats, Tory and Labour got 42% and 40% last election and here we are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you say so :thumbsup:

The current Poll of Polls agrees

EHjzM9DW4AEc7Pk.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here