Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is getting interesting. To clarify, does this mean Brexit is delayed again?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is getting interesting. To clarify, does this mean Brexit is delayed again?

It means the government has to work on a proper timetable. The opposition has made the offer. It could be done within a month with everyone having input.

Will Johnson agree ? It would bruise his ego. If he doesn't, once the extension is granted we are off to the polls.

We are in a sensible place. But I can't trust the Tories to put their self serving, party first, agenda away.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It means the government has to work on a proper timetable. The opposition has made the offer. It could be done within a month with everyone having input.

Will Johnson agree ? It would bruise his ego. If he doesn't, once the extension is granted we are off to the polls.

We are in a sensible place. But I can't trust the Tories to put their self serving, party first, agenda away.

Johnson said he has paused the Brexit Bill and approach the EU about leaving on 31st with no deal.
He is not a very good loser is he, sending the country totally down the tubes because he can't get his own way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thanks. Just watching bbc now so catching up. Consensus seems to be this is going to need 7-8 weeks to debate the proposed deal. 3-4 days is way too short.
As you say, we seem to be heading into more sensible territory.

Whatever one’s view on Brexit, this is going in a better direction.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Johnson really is finding out in a very public and embarrassing fashion that one cannot ride roughshod over procedure and sovereignty. Silly boy.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Thanks. Just watching bbc now so catching up. Consensus seems to be this is going to need 7-8 weeks to debate the proposed deal. 3-4 days is way too short.

I think the extra time is likely to throw up amendments that will change the deal to such a degree that we will be back to square one

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lots of details to go to committees especially workers rights. Amendments to be proposed.
Johnson's threat is hollow.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
When will he stop using ridiculous statements

Dead in a Ditch can be filled along side laying in front of bulldozers

I found his response to Corbyn's invitation somewhat presumptuous: to the effect of 'the UK will leave the EU on or before 31 October with this deal'. I wonder if that might extend to amended beyond recognition. He'd still take the credit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another win for democracy. Shame on Johnson trying such dirty tricks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I found his response to Corbyn's invitation somewhat presumptuous: to the effect of 'the UK will leave the EU on or before 31 October with this deal'. I wonder if that might extend to amended beyond recognition. He'd still take the credit.

Dangerous game if there is a customs union added.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

He left out the 31 October 31 bit - first signs that he will accept an extension. But why should we be surprised that he changes - in a few days time he'll be convincing us that he never said that we would leave on 31 October 'come what May'. He'll spin it his way.

Deeply depressing really - the whole thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here