Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But do you get the irony here.

Here is the perfect example mouldy Goliath voted to leave because he thought our culture would disappear because of fuzzy wuzzies and foreigners. This is the argument that a lot of people have thrown against people who voted to leave, and hey presto, one of our resident loonies has backed up that argument 100%

People who voted for genuine reasons have been swept aside due to this type of nonsense and all labelled racists and thick!

Society is broken . I would love to know how this will ever repair.

At least he had enough shame about his views to create a new user name to express them.

It is not an uncommon view among older leave voters, judging by the elderly neighbours of mine. Whether immigration is a big concern to you or not though, it is a mistake to think that Brexit will significantly reduce it, unless Brexit results in fewer jobs being created.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Out of interest do Remainers here have a limit as to how many migrants they would accept into the UK? Would you for example accept 10m in the next 10 years?20m in the next 20 years?

Should fluctuate according to our needs. No point allowing tens of thousands in if there is no work. However, if we leave the EU we will need many many immigrants to fill roles in the public sector. There is already a shortage of NHS personnel due to Brexit anticipation and more Eastern European’s are leaving than arriving for the same reason and because of the growing animosity towards foreigners in the U.K.

We are going to be accepting a LOT immigrants in over the next 30 years if Brexit happens. Good. Each one of them is worth ten of you.

So inevitably we will be sourcing labour from further afield. And most likely scenario is we will accept lots and lots of labour as conditions of trade deals.

Your motives are foul and you are a dimwit.

Get ready for brown people.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

If Goliath (mouldy boots) were a sick animal he would be taken to the vets to be put down.

Hey Mr Chopper, I don't do second accounts, unlike a lot of the far left posters on here.

Like me or not, one thing is I am direct, honest, and I am thinking for the future of our country and my children.

Can't stand bad losers or bad manners and people who are hypocritical with no ethics.

I am as straight as a die.

You would probably even enjoy a pint with me. :drink::drink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hey Mr Chopper, I don't do second accounts, unlike a lot of the far left posters on here.

Like me or not, one thing is I am direct, honest, and I am thinking for the future of our country and my children.

Can't stand bad losers or bad manners and people who are hypocritical with no ethics.

Being “honest” about your stupidity doesn’t make you any less stupid.
It’s also unnecessary. It’s plain for anyone to see, you’re thick as mince.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Goliath (mouldy boots) was a sick animal he would be taken to the vets to be put down.

It has already been established, the distinctive punctuation errors in Goliath's posts are exactly the same as Two Professors.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We did those jobs in the past.Maybe we don't anymore because the pay sucks.Maybe employers will just have to pay more because they will have less migrants to exploit in the future.I knew a migrant who was working in a shop in Covent Garden for £5 an hour and another one getting £3.50 per hour at a Deli in Brighton.Not right is it.

Sad to hear that, these businesses are breaking the law and need to be reported. Perhaps you can help these people out getting the right advice

Just back from a trip to rural Romania, I'm helping a mate of mine recruit fruit pickers for next summer. Paying £9 / hour plus picking bonus, just can't get Brits to do this work, they not interested. Not sure why, you could save a packet in 6 months

We will need these people Brexit or no Brexit...

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Before I retired I worked for the CPS handling the cases & witness statements of assault cases (amongst others) which is why health care workers now wear body cameras.
I also had a cousin in the police force.

I questioned your assertion that nurses were leaving in droves due to assaults on them and asked you for evidence of this; I thought that it seems rather drastic, but I could have been wrong. You came up with this as evidence by way of response -you handled cases of assault (though make no mention of subsequent desertion of the NHS) and your cousin is in the Old Bill. Further down the line, you provided a link which made no mention of assaults, just that of the figures of EU staff coming and going.

You would not be the first on NSC and certainly on this thread to make exaggerated comments for effect. For the record, I have no doubt that there are disgraceful assaults on the Emergency Services ( I know full well from our family experiences) and the fact that health workers feel forced to wear body cameras is indeed a national scandal, but nonetheless none of this backs up your assertion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I questioned your assertion that nurses were leaving in droves due to assaults on them and asked you for evidence of this; I thought that it seems rather drastic, but I could have been wrong. You came up with this as evidence by way of response -you handled cases of assault (though make no mention of subsequent desertion of the NHS) and your cousin is in the Old Bill. Further down the line, you provided a link which made no mention of assaults, just that of the figures of EU staff coming and going.

You would not be the first on NSC and certainly on this thread to make exaggerated comments for effect. For the record, I have no doubt that there are disgraceful assaults on the Emergency Services ( I know full well from our family experiences) and the fact that health workers feel forced to wear body cameras is indeed a national scandal, but nonetheless none of this backs up your assertion.

I said European nurses were leaving the NHS in droves, but I did not say that was as a result of assaults upon them. Assaults are a part of it, but xenophobia is just a big a part of it too. Add to that the difficulties of getting Settled Status (when politicians stated, before the referendum, that any resident EU workers could stay without problems) and you can then see why they want to leave.
I provided a link to the numbers leaving and those not applying for vacancies, of which there are 10,000 in the NHS.

I don't intend to post further about this to you, because you don't want to see what point I am making but instead are trying to obfuscate around two different but related issues.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watch this right to the end (just under two minutes).

[tweet]1184024069823488000[/tweet]

Thanks for posting

He must look at a lot of the baby boomers and just shake his head. His generation know of real value of a strong and peaceful Europe..

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I said European nurses were leaving the NHS in droves, but I did not say that was as a result of assaults upon them. Assaults are a part of it, but xenophobia is just a big a part of it too. Add to that the difficulties of getting Settled Status (when politicians stated, before the referendum, that any resident EU workers could stay without problems) and you can then see why they want to leave.
I provided a link to the numbers leaving and those not applying for vacancies, of which there are 10,000 in the NHS.

I don't intend to post further about this to you, because you don't want to see what point I am making but instead are trying to obfuscate around two different but related issues.

Of course you don't want to -just at times, say OK, I got it wrong. It really isn't a big deal, as I agree with you about the shocking nature of attacks on staff, just not the scale that you mentioned. Now look below -highlighted -what you actually wrote. So I did see the point you were making -it is indeed quite clear, even though you now seem to want to deny it.
Sonia loses her job in the supermarket because everyone is now using self checkouts. She left school without a GCSE but that's ok because she can now become a nurse.
She will have to study to get her uni qualifications, claiming benefits because she isn't working, but that's ok. Two years later, she's done it, and then has to borrow £9K for uni fees over the next three years (which will never be paid back because her wages are so low) and finally three years later she's now a nurse.

In the meantime, qualified European nurses are leaving in their droves because they've been assaulted in the hospitals and told to go home. A friend who was pregnant was kicked in the stomach by a man.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Out of interest do Remainers here have a limit as to how many migrants they would accept into the UK? Would you for example accept 10m in the next 10 years?20m in the next 20 years?

Out of interest, do Leavers here have a limit as to how many migrants from other parts of the UK they would accept into the South East of England? Would you... etc etc?

I ask because 20 million-odd British people are free to move to Brighton tomorrow - that's always been true and always will be. They won't move here, for a heap of reasons including job-availability, housing, wages, demographics, family ties and existing and future opportunities elsewhere. And the same is true of the migrants you refer to.

The only difference between the 'threats' of 20 million Britons and 20 million middle Europeans is that Mr McTavish is British and Mr Olzsewski isn't. That is the issue for you. It can't be the numbers otherwise you would be complaining about the potential for more strange dialects in Tesco. It's your right not to want tax-paying foreign people moving to your street butyou must be honest about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course you don't want to -just at times, say OK, I got it wrong. It really isn't a big deal, as I agree with you about the shocking nature of attacks on staff, just not the scale that you mentioned. Now look below -highlighted -what you actually wrote. So I did see the point you were making -it is indeed quite clear, even though you now seem to want to deny it.
Sonia loses her job in the supermarket because everyone is now using self checkouts. She left school without a GCSE but that's ok because she can now become a nurse.
She will have to study to get her uni qualifications, claiming benefits because she isn't working, but that's ok. Two years later, she's done it, and then has to borrow £9K for uni fees over the next three years (which will never be paid back because her wages are so low) and finally three years later she's now a nurse.

In the meantime, qualified European nurses are leaving in their droves because they've been assaulted in the hospitals and told to go home. A friend who was pregnant was kicked in the stomach by a man.

I've moved your B along by five words, so that you don't misrepresent what I actually said (in three or four different posts, a couple of which were in response to posts) Obfuscation.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Thanks for posting

He must look at a lot of the baby boomers and just shake his head. His generation know of real value of a strong and peaceful Europe..

Hats off to Victor Gregg -my brother was a Para Officer for 25 years and we go camping near Arnhem regularly, so his personal sacrifice means a lot. The museum is well worth visiting.My dad was in the 8th Army as was my father-in-law and what that generation achieved is truly remarkable. But, be honest, had he instead come out with the opposite, namely, say, that Brexit was a good idea, as this country would be capable of so much given a free rein (or whatever) would you still have been eulogising him?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Please can you think a bit harder about what the future might be for our children under Brexit.

Also can you tell us what you feel you might offer as a convivial fellow drinker in a pub. Wit? Wisdom? Comedy?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I've moved your B along by five words, so that you don't misrepresent what I actually said (in three or four different posts, a couple of which were in response to posts) Obfuscation.

How very strange -totally by chance, I am sure -you have missed out the contradictory bit in this post.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hats off to Victor Gregg -my brother was a Para Officer for 25 years and we go camping near Arnhem regularly, so his personal sacrifice means a lot. The museum is well worth visiting.My dad was in the 8th Army as was my father-in-law and what that generation achieved is truly remarkable. But, be honest, had he instead come out with the opposite, namely, say, that Brexit was a good idea, as this country would be capable of so much given a free rein (or whatever) would you still have been eulogising him?

I can't see a reason why not, I'm sure he was a good man.

Sorry I don't do footballification of views. Voting Brexit doesn't make you a bad person, voting remain doesn't make you a good person..

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Sky News have just announced they're launching a new 'Brexit free' news channel from tomorrow:

Sky News is launching a new pop-up channel dedicated to Brexit-free news.

Sky News Brexit-Free will go on air tomorrow on Sky channel 523, and it will be live from 5pm to 10pm Monday to Friday. It will also be streamed on YouTube.

Sky News will continue to cover all angles of Brexit in detail on its main channel, as well as break big stories from the UK and around the world.

A study released this summer found that a third of people are avoiding the news entirely.

More than 70% of them blamed Brexit, saying they were too frustrated over the political debate surrounding it.

Almost 60% said the news was having a negative impact on their mood, and 40% felt they felt powerless to influence events.

John Ryley, the head of Sky News, said: "Sky News Brexit-Free is a bold approach but listening to public opinion over the past weeks and months, it's something we know our viewers will find valuable.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news...up-channel-to-launch-tomorrow-at-5pm-11835610

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here