Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm …. not a good day for remainers.

Firstly Johnson quietly confident on a deal ( probably a customs line in the Irish Sea ) and then, oh, Leave EU told they won't face any criminal charges. Oh dear ! :lol:

LeaveEU told they won't face any criminal charges just days after Cressida Dick was told she was going to be a Dame.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Firstly Johnson quietly confident on a deal ( probably a customs line in the Irish Sea ) and then, oh, Leave EU told they won't face any criminal charges. Oh dear ! :lol:

Combined with the disaster capitalist nonsense and the avoiding EU tax laws conspiracy bollox it's been a bad few days ...

Yesterday’s pro-Brexit ruling in Northern Ireland thoroughly dismissed a Remainer case attempting to make No Deal illegal – by arguing it would damage the Northern Ireland peace process. In his judgement Lord Justice McCloskey thoroughly slapped down the spurious arguments that the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement hinges on membership of the European Union, or even regulatory alignment with it…

“Neither NIA 1998 nor the international treaty scheduled to the Belfast Agreement (or, for that matter, the Agreement itself) has the effect in law of requiring the continued membership of the EU on the part of the UK.

The Supreme Court was alert to this in Miller: see [129]. Furthermore, none of the sources mentioned subjects the EU 27 to conclude an Article 50 Withdrawal Agreement in any particular terms.”

“Once again, neither the Belfast Agreement nor this suite of provisions was predicated on the basis that UK membership of the EU would continue forever. Neither of them can be construed as requiring a customs Union or continued regulatory alignment. More fundamentally, there is no sufficient evidential foundation for the incompatibility asserted. There is no suggestion that the incompatibility has already materialised”

This expert ruling will come as sad news to some of Guido’s Remoaner friends, who have repeatedly, erroneously, argued that it does:

It is impossible for anyone who understands the Good Friday Agreement to believe that Northern Ireland can leave the Customs Union without breaking the treaty. Hoey is not the only one daft or deluded enough to miss this point. But this? This is a whole new level of batshittery. https://t.co/4TFQQzdnM4

— James O’Brien (@mrjamesob) December 15, 2018

The man who tells us all ‘How To Be Right’ getting it wrong…

The Good Friday Agreement is guaranteed by the EU. Without the EU and the four freedoms, without the Uk and Ireland both being in the EU, it wouldn’t have been possible. Hence why the GFA and peace are threatened by Brexit.

— David Schneider (@davidschneider) May 15, 2019

Maybe stick to comedy mate…

Ireland & UK signed the Good Friday Agreement explicitly as EU members. 3,600 deaths preceded it. If there was an easy solution they’d have found it at 36 deaths.
WE chose to undermine the agreement with no solution.
We should be ASHAMED that it’s not US insisting on the backstop

— Femi (@Femi_Sorry) February 20, 2019

Spoken with such confidence, just a shame its completely inaccurate

Dublin seeks to preserve the Good Friday Agreement. London’s (and the DUP’s) choices are inconsistent with its preservation. https://t.co/I9a63XeJFt

— Jo Maugham QC (@JolyonMaugham) December 2, 2017

The Twitter Lawyer is wrong again. Awkward…

https://order-order.com/2019/09/13/...ules-hard-brexit-not-break-belfast-agreement/

Awaits attacks on the source not the substance of the story in 5,4,3,2,1, ....

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You see, I do actually believe (not in the sense of 'belief' that Leavers have, re: unicorns etc.), that someone/s, somewhere, know how utterly foolish this whole thing is, and are quietly, effectively, working behind the scenes, to prevent the biggest ****-up I've seen this country make.
The laughable thing is, that these Leavers have convinced themselves that they are the true patriots.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
LeaveEU told they won't face any criminal charges just days after Cressida Dick was told she was going to be a Dame.

Blimey TB - another conspiracy theory …. you must be running out of silver foil !

You do know the difference between the CPS and the Police don't you ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey TB - another conspiracy theory …. you must be running out of silver foil !

You do know the difference between the CPS and the Police don't you ?

I worked for them.

What part of my statement isn't true? Are you putting 2+2 together?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The investigation has ended but the MET have accepted they broke the law. “It is clear that whilst some technical breaches of electoral law were committed by Leave.EU in respect of the spending return submitted for their campaign, there is insufficient evidence to justify any further criminal investigation,” the statement said.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am also not engaging with you because you want me dead.

Only if you still don't mind if people die unnecessarily, as long as you get your Brexit next month, and people do actually die as a consequence, seems fair to me that those that think the price is worth it actually pay it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Awaits attacks on the source not the substance of the story in 5,4,3,2,1, ....

It's not the ruling that bothers me, it's the holier than thou stance that the author takes. He just comes across as a sanctimonious prick. It could be a much more well rounded article if it weren't for the needless picking apart of people that he isn't even above on any level.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And you forgot then disappearing off of NSC for weeks when it was pointed out to him :wanker:

What with that, his puff and spending all night nuts deep in Battlefield 1 with his boys, I really think [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] should be a little more choosy with her stalkers :lolol:

It would be a piece of self deprecation if it was a joke, not at all his style.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

D

Deleted member 2719

Boris isn’t even turning up for negotiations. He wants a No Deal. Far less work for him and he can blame the inevitable collapse of the U.K. economy on those pesky remainers.
He’s a goon.
You’re a goon.

Ha! Pathetic response. You haven't got a clue.

Droopy Foreskin?

Thick as mince. NOT LEFT YET.

#sicknote
#derangedfvckwit.

I suppose you probably do have a lot of time to daydream, being on the rock n roll.

#dolemole
#unemployable
#worstofbritish
#nazicuck

Why do you feel the need to insult everyone all the time?

I am genuinely worried about you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why do you feel the need to insult everyone all the time?

I am genuinely worried about you.

Why do you try and seize the moral high ground and why do you repeatedly tell people who wish for a Remain outcome they should relinquish their principles 'so we can all live in peace'? Principles are more important than you seem to think....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here