Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-households-600-worse-off-because-of-brexit/

'UK households £600 worse off because of Brexit
The National Institute for Economic and Social Research said the economic slowdown in the UK is directly attributable to the vote to leave the European Union......'

read on....

Oh.... they are independent 'experts' in their field so are probably just scaremongering.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-households-600-worse-off-because-of-brexit/

'UK households £600 worse off because of Brexit
The National Institute for Economic and Social Research said the economic slowdown in the UK is directly attributable to the vote to leave the European Union......'

read on....

Oh.... they are independent 'experts' in their field so are probably just scaremongering.

I'm confused, I'm from portslade as well and I'm not sure whether we are supposed to be listening to experts or ignoring them this week?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's bloody ridiculous. I still want to know why I'm £600 worse off.

Money spent by the government on ferry services that were abandoned, lorry parks, and other frivolities. That's why there are 20,000 fewer policemen and why schools are begging parents for pencils and notebooks for the children.

No, PortsladeSeagull, I don't make things up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Money spent by the government on ferry services that were abandoned, lorry parks, and other frivolities. That's why there are 20,000 fewer policemen and why schools are begging parents for pencils and notebooks for the children.

I think balshdir was asking for more proof as to why he is 600 worse off. How do they make these figures up. Guess work.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I would not know if you make things up or not, but these ridiculous comparisons are simplistic in the extreme.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Remainers still sucking lemon and getting very agitated......verbal, aggressive, rude and oh so worried. It's laughable.
Ps there you go clamp another whisper from the graveyard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think balshdir was asking for more proof as to why he is 600 worse off. How do they make these figures up. Guess work.

I've given the example of public spending which has been used for Brexit rather than public services. Food and fuel prices have risen due to the fall in the pound.

It is complex Hastings gull not simplistic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The invisible £600.

Thats right, it's invisible because it isn't there, but it would have been if the referendum had returned a remain result. It is an estimate and it is an average across all UK households, you could be a little less worse off or a little more worse off than that.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Talking of scaremongering, let's not forget that more than one remainer on this thread said it's ''likely'' that people will die due to Brexit.

Jesus can't you all calm down?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Talking of scaremongering, let's not forget that more than one remainer on this thread said it's ''likely'' that people will die due to Brexit.

Jesus can't you all calm down?

I don't think the Remainers can. I just get visions of commies frothing at the mouth.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here