Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well of course no Leaver can come up with any good and valid reasons to exit the EU. They are all the sub-species. Neanderthal, ill educated, racist, xenophobic thicko's. As opposed to the intelligent elite who know what is good for everybody and know for sure that nothing can possibly better what we have now, being members of this very privileged club.
Only problem is, quite a few of the members got into trouble a while back and the more well- heeled members wouldn't help them out. Drown in your own Ouzo, Chianti, Port and Sangria was the answer. Really helpful, that. Never mind the vast swathes of youth unemployment, I'm alright Jack in my area of heavy industrialised Europe, gaining all the benefits of tariff free trading and banking corruption and owning a lot of the utilities and infrastructure in dear old Blighty.
Still, I suppose there are going to be casualties in the pursuit of globalism. It is created for the benefit of all, just so long as you are at the front of the queue. Its protectionism is its strength and weakness. Maintaining good business throughout the EU, losing ground with the rest of the world. Expansionism has a limited life. Who knows how long? It could be 10 years, it could be 50 years. Europe is ever changing and no one is more aware of that than the French and Germans. That is why they are covering themselves strategically within the EU.
I'm off down the pub to spout my racist bile and start a campaign for Anna Soubry to be PM. She has shown she can be a powerful force for change.

This would all be more convincing if the Leave cause wasn't lead by a banker.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well, there's all those nasty EU Laws that are foisted upon us, that nobody seemed to bother about prior to the referendum, and which people struggle to list when asked now.....for starters.

Then, of course, there's the imminent risk of being conscripted into the EU army, which is being massed as we speak, but that's counterbalanced by those Leavers who are convinced that the EU will collapse in the none too distant future.

Oh, and don't forget having the Euro forced upon us, as we did with weights and measures, bent bananas and the ilk.

So many reasons to Leave.....

Funny how The EU is going to collapse, it's corrupt and The EURO is going to tank, but The EU is ever expanding to places like Turkey, an army is being created by the swathes of bureaucrats and we're being forced to join the Eurozone........all at the same time.

It might just be me, but based on how these Brexiteers said all that and how The EU needed us more than we needed them/German car manufacturers/invisible borders/technological solutions like they have no where else in the world etc, etc - I get the distinct impression they don't know what they're talking about or who they're dealing with. Who'd have ever guessed that?

erg.jpg

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Funny how The EU is going to collapse, it's corrupt and The EURO is going to tank, but The EU is ever expanding to places like Turkey, an army is being created by the swathes of bureaucrats and we're being forced to join the Eurozone........all at the same time.

It might just be me, but based on how these Brexiteers said all that and how The EU needed us more than we needed them/German car manufacturers/invisible borders/technological solutions like they have no where else in the world etc, etc - I get the distinct impression they don't know what they're talking about or who they're dealing with. Who'd have ever guessed that?

View attachment 110864

Yes, it's full of holes and contradictions, yet somehow Remainers are to blame.

Funny lot, really.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well of course no Leaver can come up with any good and valid reasons to exit the EU. They are all the sub-species. Neanderthal, ill educated, racist, xenophobic thicko's. As opposed to the intelligent elite who know what is good for everybody and know for sure that nothing can possibly better what we have now, being members of this very privileged club.
Only problem is, quite a few of the members got into trouble a while back and the more well- heeled members wouldn't help them out. Drown in your own Ouzo, Chianti, Port and Sangria was the answer. Really helpful, that. Never mind the vast swathes of youth unemployment, I'm alright Jack in my area of heavy industrialised Europe, gaining all the benefits of tariff free trading and banking corruption and owning a lot of the utilities and infrastructure in dear old Blighty.
Still, I suppose there are going to be casualties in the pursuit of globalism. It is created for the benefit of all, just so long as you are at the front of the queue. Its protectionism is its strength and weakness. Maintaining good business throughout the EU, losing ground with the rest of the world. Expansionism has a limited life. Who knows how long? It could be 10 years, it could be 50 years. Europe is ever changing and no one is more aware of that than the French and Germans. That is why they are covering themselves strategically within the EU.
I'm off down the pub to spout my racist bile and start a campaign for Anna Soubry to be PM. She has shown she can be a powerful force for change.

I didn't say 'No Leaver' can come up with any good/valid reasons, but I would expect a Hell of a lot more to be able to do so, considering over 17 million voted for it.

Will you be quaffing English ale?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't say 'No Leaver' can come up with any good/valid reasons, but I would expect a Hell of a lot more to be able to do so, considering over 17 million voted for it.

Will you be quaffing English ale?
no one has to give you a reason why they voted leave the same as i'm not interested in why you voted remain, all you need to know is that it was the winning vote so toodle off and stop going around in circles, you must be feeling a bit dizzy
regards
DR

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
no one has to give you a reason why they voted leave the same as i'm not interested in why you voted remain, all you need to know is that it was the winning vote so toodle off and stop going around in circles, you must be feeling a bit dizzy
regards
DR

I sense you're not interested in much...at all. Silly fellow. :)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
regards
DR

Can you reveal what DR stands for?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
First of all, there'd have to be an election - not impossible, but there's not one due for three years. Second, the Brexit Party will not find it easy to fight a general election - they don't have any policies and when they start putting some forward, things will break apart - what do Clare Fox and Ann Widdecombe have in common (apart from Brexit)?

It does seem unlikely. However the capacity for strange things to happen in politics has gone up a few levels and I have no faith in the politicians to sort a good outcome. I also have no faith in the voting public, as evidenced on this thread where foolishness abounds on both sides of the divide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here