Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Weird attitude as due to the vote, unless things change, we will be leaving. There will be no leavers nor remainers. Just us. And yet in your posts you seem to relish harm happening to the UK if it's outside of the EU.

I don't relish it but that's reality. We were told we were taking back control, tonight the EU hold the cards more than ever

To do trade deals with 3rd countries in many cases the EU will be involved if they already have a deal. They've got they first and we will be starting from scratch.

We won't be leavers or remainers and if the worse happens we might not even be able to call ourselves British. It will be the end of the Union

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can see them saying it’s a year or a month/6 weeks.

Looking like May 7th is emerging as a possible new date, unless we indicate by April 11th that we'll participate in the European elections, in which case it could be extended further.

Though May 7th is a public holiday in France and Macron is reported as wanting it later, so we'll have to do what he says as we're subservient to him and all of them now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't relish it but that's reality. To do trade deals with 3rd countries in my cases the EU will be involved if they already have a deal. They#ve got they first and we will be starting from scratch.

We won't be leaver or remainers and if the worse happens we might not even be able to call ourselves British. It will be the end of the Union

I haven't called myself British for years. The UK is anachronistic and England unfairly outweighs Scotland, for instance in the Brexit vote. Yet they are vastly over-funded and over-represented in parliament. It would be my hope that Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland could move onto more mature and friendly relations with the English and that the competitive, nationalistic element would diminish.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looking like May 7th is emerging as a possible new date, unless we indicate by April 11th that we'll participate in the European elections, in which case it could be extended further.

Though May 7th is a public holiday in France and Macron is reported as wanting it later, so we'll have to do what he says as we're subservient to him and all of them now.

The second extension will be the end of the year.

I imagine they think she’s a dead woman walking and an election/new leader will be following shortly.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I haven't called myself British for years. The UK is anachronistic and England unfairly outweighs Scotland, for instance in the Brexit vote. Yet they are vastly over-funded and over-represented in parliament. It would be my hope that Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland could move onto more mature and friendly relations with the English and that the competitive, nationalistic element would diminish.

I've always called myself British, always will, my Englishness is 90 minutes/80 minutes/1st day of the Lord's Test Match, but over the last 3 years I realised I've got very little in common with English nationalists who think like you do.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The second extension will be the end of the year.

I imagine they think she’s a dead woman walking and an election/new leader will be following shortly.

The EU27 are meeting to finalise it further now without her present. Our destiny is out of our hands.

#takebackcontrol - what a joke.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've always called myself British, always will, my Englishness is 90 minutes/80 minutes/1st day of the Lord's Test Match, but over the last 3 years I realised I've got very little in common with English nationalists who think like you do.

Wow, that seems like a racist comment. Why would you suppose that my love of my country is in some way negative? Just because I dislike the EU?

Edit: Perhaps racist was too strong a term, but stereotypical? Yes, in my opinion.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wow, that seems like a racist comment. Why would you suppose that my love of my country is in some way negative? Just because I dislike the EU?

Because you're happy for my country, that I love, that I'm a citizen of and I was born in, to break up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
D2NVPyuX4AAPPPM.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Are you in favour of a break up of the UK, then?

Interesting question. Personally I'd be quite happy to see the back of the Welsh, Jocks and (especially) the Ulstermen. It has always seemed to me like we are doing them a favour, letting them be part of our country, and even renaming it 'The United Kingdom' for them. They don't even like us (ABTE).

Anyway, that will be a **** up for another time.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because you're happy for my country, that I love, that I'm a citizen of and I was born in, to break up.

I am respectful of your nationalistic view. But although I feel a lot of good things about Britain, I believe it could be a positive thing in the long term. I holiday in Wales and Scotland often, love them both but particularly Scotland and the Scottish people. I am nationalistic with a small 'n' and I detest and abhor any sense of superiority of one nation over another. Do not these people have the right, if they wish, for self-determination?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you in favour of a break up of the UK, then?

Interesting question. Personally I'd be quite happy to see the back of the Welsh, Jocks and (especially) the Ulstermen. It has always seemed to me like we are doing them a favour, letting them be part of our country, and even renaming it 'The United Kingdom' for them. They don't even like us (ABTE).

Anyway, that will be a **** up for another time.....

Answered that in reply to [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION]. I would be happy if that was what the Scots, Welsh wanted. I am not in favour of pushing it though. It just seems natural to me. I am probably less antagonistic in my feelings than you are though lol! The interesting question to me, would be, what if the English wanted a split, but the Welsh and Scots did not? That may prove as difficult as Brexit, so I am OUT!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am respectful of your nationalistic view. But although I feel a lot of good things about Britain, I believe it could be a positive thing in the long term. I holiday in Wales and Scotland often, love them both but particularly Scotland and the Scottish people. I am nationalistic with a small 'n' and I detest and abhor any sense of superiority of one nation over another. Do not these people have the right, if they wish, for self-determination?

My Britishness comes from living abroad and having to carry my British passport as ID every day. It comes from childhood and playing with the kids of a Scottish family over the road from me where I grew up, from lifelong family friends in Wales, to a primary school teacher who was Irish, to Scottish and Northern Irish kids at school etc - we were all from the same country.

They have the right to self-determination if they want it. Frankly if they're looking at the English, Brexiteer, Tory Toffs driving this Brexit car crash over the cliff, I really don't blame them if they do as they've got little in common with England anymore and the incompetent idiocy going on here in their name now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I'm a Brit European, when overseas if people ask me where I'm from the answer is, I'm from the UK.

If we broke up our union I'd be pretty gutted

This is an English Brexit, we're inflicting it on other countries in the union that didn't vote for it. Another arrogant miscalculation by Cameron

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much how it pains me to say anything nice about Gove - least he’s stuck around and taken some ownership.

Are you suggesting we should be surprised the loathsome little weasel with an eminently punchable face and absolutely no discernible qualities has remained in government?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here